1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Anything (almost) except PINK, thx. Capitol Records Building )Heck put YOUR face there, :eek::p:joke:

Also Enhanced Specs has a PINK icon also. (pic 2)

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I am not aware of any known issue that causes that symptom. Do you have a minidump from the crash?

3. demmalition1

demmalition1 Chieftain

Yup, 5709. However, the dll in my folder:

---------------
    Computer>C:>Program Files (x86)>steam>steamapps>common>Sid Meier's Civ IV BTS>mods>C2C Release>assets>
    ---------------
    shows CVGameCoregameDLL.dll from 7/26/13 @ 4:44pm and 8508 kb. I deleted the one from 7/14 and unzipped the dl this one was in and placed it into this folder.

IDK what's going on, did I replace the wrong file? Did I skip a step?

EDIT:
    Turned on viewports as well just in case.

4. fox456

fox456 Warlord

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

CVGameCoregameDLL.dll is not the correct name (but is this just a typo in your post?). It should be CvGameCoreDLL.dll. It should be the ONLY DLL in that folder. Check the hover text in a new game also just in case there is some weird bug that is causing it to display the one it got from the save for some reason (I doubt this, but it's worth eliminating)

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The minidump suggests this is a bug that was fixed in March (before V31). A few things to check:

1) Can you tell me the date and exact size of the CvGameCoreDLL.dll in your C2C mod's 'asset' folder (just to verify that somehow you haven't got a mangled V31 download with an earlier DLL somehow - mostly to eliminate that possibility)

2) Are you selecting the game option 'developing leaders'? If so does the crash still occur if you do not?

3) Is the crash occurring as soon as you enter the choose-leader screen or only when you mouse over one? If the latter does it make any difference WHICH one you mouse over?

7. dekk

dekk Chieftain

oh, i forgot to mention in my bug report that I play v31 with patched gamecore dll -> July 26th 2013 (update 4)

8. fox456

fox456 Warlord

1. The CvGameCoreDLL.dll was created on Aug 3, 2013, was modified on Jul 14, 2013 and is 8,708,096 bytes in size.

3. If I click any of the circles on the left side of the Civilization Selection Screen (to choose a civilization), the game crashes immediately.

2. When I played my first game, I chose Developing Leaders. I just now went in a deselected that option and went back to try playing a non-customized game and there was no crash.

Hmmmm, I'm glad it's working now, but I sure am puzzled as to why it wasn't working for the past several days. I will let you know if the problem resurfaces.

Thank you.

9. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

I played a game with the new DLL but the game didn't crash at 2 GB it did it around 2.6 GB. The increase in memory usage did take a lot longer. Sadly the minidump is empty.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Those dates and sizes match the original V31 so somehow you don't have the patch version. I just downloaded it from the patch thread myself (the attachment in the head post) and verified its size and timestamps. They are 8,721,192 bytes, created Friday July 26th. Try downloading again from the patch thread to temporary folder, verify the file properties there (so if this doesn't work we can see at what step things are different) and then copy into your mod folder...

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

That means it never triggered the 'controlled' crash. What that implies is that whatever is doing runaway memory allocation is not doing it through the DLL's allocators. That implies it must be a bug in either the graphics somewhere or in something Python is doing possibly. I'm not sure how to progress this diagnosis unfortunately.

VERY long shot - I presume you don't have any software development capability that would include an attachable debugger?

12. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Dear sirs, I have noticed in v.31 (non-SVN) that the Entertainer has no function - no culture add button, so by the moment these were useless to me, and that Assassin seems to be a little bit overpowered, cause enemy Assassins attacked and fought successfully against my Praetorians in the fort (!), I actually almost liked this suspense... but I was loosing regular army units, even with Great General present, until the discovery of the Middle Age Flailman...

I didn't manage to have any use from my Judge units either... No buttons.

I managed to get a vassal just discovering Vassalage, but I didn't choose Vassalage civics, may be a bug, but I liked that, cause it is historically correct, sometimes small states asked for protection the greater states...

I am playing now at the Emperor difficulty and I do enjoy the challenge... =)

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

V31 has a bug with missions for some units. I'm not SURE if the entertainer falls into this category (the judge just doesn't have missions yet I think), but if it does you can verify it by deleting your cache and then restarting the game and checking if the mission shows up having done that (in the same game load). The cache is the folder called 'cache' inside the assets folder of the mod - just delete it while the game is no running to make this check.

If that IS it then the patch has the fix in it I believe (available on the patches thread)

14. demmalition1

demmalition1 Chieftain

Direct c&p of title is "CvGameCoreDLL.dll". Yup, typo.

There is also "CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug" from 7/14 @ 9:09 pm and 23,948 kb. Should I delete that?

Will do a hover text now just to be safe.

Thanks for all the help so far to everyone in the community!:goodjob:

EDIT:

I too am getting no mission for the entertainer to spread culture.

EDIT 2:

Just ran a tiny map start to see the flag and I got this:
    "
    American Empire
    Beyond the Sword 3.19

Cavemen to Cosmos V31
    -BULL 1.3 (Build 219)
    -Cavemen2Cosmos build 5709
    -Rise of Mankind v2.92
    -Revolution DCM v2.80 pre-release
    -Better BTS AI v1.01b
    -Unofficial 3.19 Patch v1.50+
    ===========================

"

Also, in the Civilopedia the roads all link to animals.

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Build 5709 is the original V31, so you're not running what you think you are running for some reason. Put the DLL from the patch in a temporary folder and check its properties - it should be 8,712,192 bytes. The one you appear to be running is a little smaller.

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Just had a crash when i was messing with Spies ?

17. demmalition1

demmalition1 Chieftain

I right-click, "properties", and it is exactly 8,712,192 bytes. Is the "CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug" file a problem?

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

No, it's fine. I presume you don't have 2 installations of C2C in different mod folders or something? How are you starting the mod? INI file setting, shortcut to tell it to start C2C, or just selecting it in the game menus after starting BTS?

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Minidump indicates a crash outside of our DLL (somewhere in the main game engine). I assume you have viewports on? If so is this reproducible? If so please post a save with a recipe.

20. demmalition1

demmalition1 Chieftain

Steam>BTS>:game starts:>"Advanced">"Load A Mod">C2C Release>:hit ok:>Wait ~1 minute>loads playing the awesome music and menu background>make a custom game or load game>start playing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.