1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, May 15, 2013.

1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It shouldn't be. If it is it's a bug (which should/will be fixed once a reliable way to demonstrate it is provided).

2. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

mea culpa (I didn't read your response further down the thread), before I responded. May I presume that there won't be an issue in the other direction (playing c2c with 80 file cache) then switching to vanilla or another mod (with fewer cache files)?

Again thank you.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I can't see why there should be. The c2c cache implementation is entirely separate from the base bts one,which it no longer uses at all.

4. climat

climat Chieftain

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

1. BEFORE next version:

The Improvements and Bonuses in the World Builder are NOT working???? You CANT place anything from those anyplace on a map?? i didnt check the rest of the WB sorry???
    DH says it works for him, so it must have been MY game then i was playing that was faulty??

2. EDIT: Can someone also do this, i just dont want to switch to the other PC for just one thing right now, thx. see pic 1 fixed thx Hydro

3. @ Python error???

Machu Picchu

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "MachuPicchu", line 45, in onBuildingBuilt
    IndexError: list index out of range
    fixed thx DH

4. Just got this minidump, i clicked on the windows btn on the keyboard and then was writing # 3 above, and then i tried to go BACK to the game and POOF CTD and this minidump??

EDIT: 5. See pic 1 TXT outcome TXT for slaves missing?? fixed thx DH

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Fixed tag spelling to TXT_KEY_TECH_CONGLOMERATES_PEDIA.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I am not having this problem at all. I can place almost any feature or resource.

On the other side the Great barrier Reef is not visible.

I think this is happening because the peak is in the cities normal work area but the actual peak can't be worked by the city because it is in some other citie's work area also and that one owns it. It may be a friendly city.

The code uses pCity.canWork(pPlot) to decide if there is usable a peak. Not sure how the building decides that there is a peak.

I could check that the peak is owned by the player if it is not workable by the city. Also the check for peaks (and other features and stuff) in the work radius may need to check that the city can work the plot.

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

So the SVN appears to be completly broken at the moment. I just updated to check out the Bulldozer DH added and the game won't start. I am not sure if its because of his commit or my recent commit. Can some please help track the bug down? We cannot release a new version without this fixed.

Here are my recent updates if anyone cares ...

- Powered Exoskeleton Infantry now requires Exoskeleton resource.
    - Cyborg now requires Bionic Suit and Neuroimplant resources.
    - Super Soldier now requires Bionic Suit and Neuroimplant resources.

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Its working fine for me?? FYI I added the bulldozer dds in MY files.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Mine was working fine until your very last update. Now I have the same problem as you. It wont even start to start! ie I don't even get the initial box saying it is loading.

no it is working. My computer must have been doing something else.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Latest SVN CtD when start a new game or load a save almost instantly after pressing "go".

edit If I get rid of the bulldozer definitions the problem goes away so I will remove them from the svn for now.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yeah I tested the current SVN (the one with SO's updated FPK) vs the last working version I had and it would crash upon loading up the game only for the updated version. So I think its bulldozer, like you said.

EDIT: Yup now it works.

13. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

Andean Worker and Andean Missionary should not have the same icon, this is quite irritating.

14. climat

climat Chieftain

15. Chaktor

Chaktor Chieftain

Hallo. First, i hope, my english is understandable, i'm german. ;)
    I have a problem with the trait "charismatic". The trait gives me a Bonus from 1631580%. When i noticed the problem, i was looking for a solution and found the Post from Jozef (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12447312&postcount=2). I read the suggestions behind too, but i can not follow them, because the called entries are not existent.
    Then i tried to search the complete Modfolder with the kewords:
    Hallo. First, i hope, my english is understandable, i'm german. ;)
    I have a problem with the trait "charismatic". The trait gives me a Bonus from 1631580%. When i noticed the problem, i was looking for a solution and found the Post from Jozef (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12447312&postcount=2). I read the suggestions behind too, but i can not follow them, because the called entries are not existent.
    Then i tried to search (with Notepad++) the complete Modfolder with the kewords:

• TRAIT_CHARISMATIC1
    • <iMilitaryProductionModifier>1631580</iMilitaryProductionModifier>

But no hits was displayed, so I wonder where the number comes??
    I play with the Version v30. I have sreenshots and i upload a savegame.
    Screenies:

16. civfan613

civfan613 Chieftain

Two bugs, probably quite old:
    1. I start a game, play for a while, then quit.
    Then I start the game by loading the save and starting from turn ZERO.
    Difference?
    I couldn't build Homo tribes before - now I suddenly can.
    2. I guess these two have similar reasons.
    Now, the second bug.
    I play with Prophets.
    Now, whenever I get one and use it on religion - thus getting another one, I can't use the new one for another religion, must wait a turn.
    A variation of this:
    When I put a one-limit unit into the build queue - and then remove it, it disappears from the build options.
    I've seen this way before with Great Farmers:
    Always had to skip a turn to build another, couldn't queue him the turn I used the older one.
    A slighter variation:
    Some units/buildings DO reappear after I turn OFF then ON, the "only buildable" (first, red one) button.
    Doesn't work for the above bugs though.

ALL BUGS happened multiple times, so no need for a save check.

17. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

The issue is the existence of an empty tag that should not be empty (this causes it to pick up junk, which turns out to be that specific value in this case, instead of the intended value of 0).

The filewith the problem is ls612_CIV4TraitInfos.xml in the folder Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\ls612\Traits

The TraitInfo for TRAIT_CHARISMATIC includes a line like this:
    <iMilitaryProductionModifier/>

Just delete that one line. You don't have to change it, just delete it. If the line is not present at all then the value for that property is correctly set to 0.

Or you could try downloading version 31, which was just released a few hours after your post.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

This is due to the way turn caching was changed. It speeds up game turns so you can have faster game turns or have units with only one left not reappear until the next turn. Happens with tribes.

Same sort of thing for buildings eg when you spread a religion to a city it is often but not always not until the next turn that you can see the religious buildings and build them.

19. civfan613

civfan613 Chieftain

So, it's permanent for now?
    I don't really mind it, but it IS a bug...
    Though it doesn't explain why I can't build the Prehistoric "settler" AT ALL.
    I mean, other units reappear the NEXT turn, but this one NEVER appears, unless reloading the INITIAL SAVE...

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

You can never build the band unit. the first settler is the tribe unit.