1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, May 15, 2013.

1. Hanny

Hanny Chieftain

Just DL core v31, many units have pink blob, and the Dl reported 2300 errors, will DL again to see if it repeats the problem.

2. civfan613

civfan613 Chieftain

Disagree.
    When I reload to INITIAL turn, I CAN build the homo band.
    If it's a bug, then it IS a bug...

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK i can confirm the UPLOAD was corrupt, am uploading NEW one now, sorry, it will be around 3-4 hours before i can get it working, sorry

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Still the same SVN rev as before?

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

From the SVN thread.

JosEPh

6. Chaktor

Chaktor Chieftain

hehe, yes i have found it. I i had known this earlier... *g*
    in v31, the problem is solved. Sorry, its not so easy, to find all relevant infos in a foreign language. But the mod is super. ^^

7. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

V31 no SVN
    When there is Cactus on Desert, Dunes or Salt flats, there is no terrain damage. Remove the Cactus in WB and the terrain damage is back.

8. climat

climat Chieftain

I actually like this "bug"(or maybe not :mischief:). It gives a nice shelter to injured units when they don't have desert promotions.
    Cacti should not be placed on dunes or salt flats according to xml. Did you see them on these tiles? If so, I think there is a problem in the mapscript you used.

And I think this thread should be closed? There is a new bug report thread.

9. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

I put them there in WB to see if cactus canceled the terrain damage on those as well as desert.

10. CivEikka

CivEikka Chieftain

My problem is this: My game crashes after few turns (5-25turns) lets me play few turns and then crashes again. I could play older versions of c2c with these map settings I'm currently playing so it is not lack of processor/ram.

The savegame: And I was so excited about this new version.. Oh man. :(

Otherwise I would really like to thank you guys, I've never actually posted to these c2c forums but I played RoM for ages and C2C for about ~1.5years I think.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If you're using V31 it sounds like one of the fixed bugs - get the DLL from the patch thread. If you're already using that, or the SVN version please post the minidump from the crash.

12. CivEikka

CivEikka Chieftain

I was ready to get my hopes up but after 20+ turns it just crashes. Going to bed since it is 02:19AM. But thanks anyway. I'll look up that problem tomorrow..

13. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

The promotion Forestry give you double movement in forest, but it seems that it does not work in Ancient Forest, just regular forest.

14. Samael

Samael Chieftain

My game seems to crash at random without error messages; it just closes abruptly. If I try to load any autosave, it does the same. If I load a quicksave, it does load, to inexplicably crash between turns, because I click on something or because I open the tech tree at the wrong moment.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Someone, perhaps you, mentioned this earlier. The fix is actually a little bit more problematic than it may seem. Adding the Ancient Forest to the promotion is easy. But it messes up the AI evaluation a little so some thought should be put into restructuring the AI evaluating on tags like these. Koshling, I assume you understand what I'm saying... perhaps you could offer some ideas on how this could/should be able to normalize for 'sub-categories' of terrains without the promotion evaluating, say in this case, Ancient Forest, as a whole additional terrain?

16. Samael

Samael Chieftain

Tried on a smaller map (originally used Immense, now using Huge) and things operate stabley for about 200 turns before I get my first wordless crash to desktop again. I can't even load saved games from before the crash once more.

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Did you apply the patch?

18. Samael

Samael Chieftain

CvGameCoreDLL_5903? I did, yes. Also deleted the cache. I still can't load my games. Would I have to start a new one to see any effect?

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If you have the unloadable save bug (from v31) then yes, that bug is a bug with the code that writes the saves, so it writes broken data. You have to go back to a previous save and continue from there.

20. Samael

Samael Chieftain

I keep going back, further and further and find myself with dozens of unusable autosaves. Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening?