Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

I'm pretty sure windows 10 allows you to change system language without reinstalling, I'm not talking about display language, it promoted being the first windows that allows this.

Look at this article, or google it to find another one.

Thanks, I will smoke a question. I will try to do it in a few hours and unsubscribe according to the result.
Try this file first and send me the python log files again, I added more debugging code, I would appreciate the effort on your part.

The error you're getting is happening so early in the initialization process that python logging is not ready to log what code-line the error is happening in, so I have to add a lot of "print" statements to follow the code step by step.

Attachments

• Assets.7z
    1.1 KB · Views: 265
the NO buildings in the cities is back?? cant see them again . . . . .

did a Ctrl-shift-T and then they appear again???? but only in places NORTH of the Capital???

Attachments

• no buildings.JPG
    no buildings.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Try this file

I changed the system language to English (the document directory is still called the Cyrillic alphabet in the address bar - "Мои документы"). Dozens of errors when starting the mod with HidePythonExceptions = 0 enabled, but the game worked correctly, only the religion icons are not displayed in the religion window. But they do not appear for me, I don’t even know with which svn + - 7000.

Logs with the "old" file (the one you gave in post 1497)

All this is on your previous file. Rollback to "standard" - produces the same errors (and no interface).

UPD: With the new file (post 1503), everything looks identical 1497 (including errors at startup) and everything works when they are ignored.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Logs.rar
    17.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Logs2.rar
    17.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
only the religion icons are not displayed in the religion window. But they do not appear for me, I don’t even know with which svn + - 7000.
That is caused by the steam update to BtS.
Right click beyond the sword in your steam library and select properties, then find the page where you can select beta version and switch to the beta version of BtS on steam. A lot of icons that you didn't know about will then appear.

Wow. Thanks a lot. And for this, and for the help earlier.
No problem, thanks to you I managed to improve compatibility with OS languages that use different alphabets a bit.

Before my latest tweak the python that cache the folder paths crashed before caching this variable:
modDir = "E:\Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\beyond the sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos"​

It crashed when caching this variable: (which it did right before caching the above one)
rootDir = "D:\Мои документы\My Games\beyond the sword"​
(It didn't really manage to cache it as it crashed when doing so, I fixed the crash so this is what it cache for you now.)

Now it doesn't crash, though the rootDir variable cannot be used for anything as it is encoded wrong, it will still cause some problems but not game breaking problems like having a bad modDir variable will.
Before the tweak your game had an empty string cached in the modDir variable. That caused all kinds of problems for the BUG mod that depend on the userSettings ini files to function.

Last edited:
Is this bug on 11031 known about? Entering BUG options.

Attachments

• 20191004230309_1.jpg
    20191004230309_1.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 262
I remember fixing that, but I think I did it before 11031..... Strange.

Edit: I fixed it in 11032. ^^
Is it just one more accented character in ANDAutomationsTab? I want to avoid having to redo all my local space changes if at all possible.

the NO buildings in the cities is back?? cant see them again . . . . .

did a Ctrl-shift-T and then they appear again???? but only in places NORTH of the Capital???
Upload save, so @billw2015 can adjust graphic paging for cities.

I have a strange question, I am not even sure if this is the right place to ask it. I was getting ready to load my saved game and the game minimized and a command prompt started running, is that associated with the game or should I be asking this question in a Windows forum?

Are you using Github?
This command prompt you see is FPK live and then DLL builder.
First one automatically packs loose art, and second one makes DLL if there were changes to source code folder.

You can see from this code that the ONLY way either of these tools run is if they find and open the git_directory.txt token file:
Spoiler :

upload_2019-10-4_15-50-37.png

In revision 11038 bill set up a system that renames (backup) the userSettings folder and creates a new one if the userSettings folder was created before rev 11038.
Not quite, the intention is only to backup and recreate the folder if the specific property that indicates broken city buttons is not correct. i.e. anyone who has fixed their settings since PPIO should be unaffected, ONLY those who are on 10xxx (whenever PPIO was committed) or before will get replaced UserSettings folder.

Not quite, the intention is only to backup and recreate the folder if the specific property that indicates broken city buttons is not correct. i.e. anyone who has fixed their settings since PPIO should be unaffected, ONLY those who are on 10xxx (whenever PPIO was committed) or before will get replaced UserSettings folder.
Ah, ok.

Galley with Transport Promotion will not load settler.

Save game that shows missing cities that come and go.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Rvmp Preh 3 BC-0751.zip
    3 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:
@Team,
A heads up notice. My Main computer stopped working yesterday. I'm now using my 2009 custom home built Dual core comp. I don't have GitHub Desktop on this machine. So I'm kind of dependent upon the SVN Updates atm.

Galley with Transport Promotion will not load settler.

Save game that shows missing cities that come and go.
I'll look into the settler loading thing soon.

Top Bottom