Stranger in a Strange land - A Fallout 3 AAR

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
I'll keep things in a spoiler to better help the load out.

Spoiler Click Me to open surprise inside :

"Rise and Shine... ...wake up and smell the ashes" - The Gman

OOC: Since Captian2 already gone through the beginning parts. I thought it was best to skip the tutorial parts (Baby steps, Growing up Fast, & Future Imperfect) and start directly on the Escape part.

Ugh, I must of had some bad nachos at the cafeteria. And why do I hear the voice of Amata waking me up? Earlier I heard some creepy old guy with some speech impediment telling me "wake up and smell the ashes". Oh well, it was a weird dream anyway.

This is freaking me out. Father disappeared, Vault security after my hide, weird dream, and a headache the size of Texas. What's next in the constant parade of interruptions?! :cry:. Lets cut to the chase, how in the world did he left? Amata goes on to say that he's left the Vault and the Overseer has "kind of gone crazy". Not even a missile launcher can penetrate that door, it's impossible to leave. Amata thought so as well then goes on to inform me that Jonas is dead. After that I did an Orly Owl and asked what the spam is going on. "Ya rly,...

Okayee, thinking to myself I have some options to toy with. Which there is only one, high tail it out of the vault fast than you can say "Gordon Freeman". She asked if father mentioned leaving the Vault, I told her I had no clue about his plans. I took the gun she provided me and begin to slither away out of the vault.

Oh BOB SAGET!!!

Hurray, here comes the cavalry! Kill some radroaches, loot the body, and get the heck outa here till...

Well well well, look at who crawled to me with his tail between his legs after years of bullying. I better bite my tongue and just help the poor sap. Just stay in the corner, and I'll deal with the bugs.

Better run to..., what the heck? Oh buzz off grump!

Shuddduuuup!

Guess I have to do things the hard way now. Thanks alot Mr. Squealer banging on the window!

Ok, I had enough of this Dick Cheneyesque torture. Boom, headshot!

Actually, I had plans to take yer keys n passwords. No? Well then I don't need yer help.

Where I come from, them are fighting words. But I have no time to deal with you Overseer. *Sigh* some people have a hard time trying to keep me in the vault. I'll just pop him on the head for a couple of seconds and then flee. Though the old cout still insist on fighting.

Almost there,

almost there!

Time to pop open the bottle, say some good byes, knock out the guards, loot some supplies and get er outahere!

さようなら! (sayōnara!) And hello...

...world?

Aww crap

Character Stats -
Name: Samus Aran
Core SPECIAL: 4ST, 7PE, 5EN, 6CH, 6IN, 7AG, 5LK
GOAT Results: Energy Weapons, Big Guns, Sneek (Supervisor)

Hmm...I see Washington's been...err...renovated.

Good start.

:D

moar

How did you get the different hair?
Its actualy one of the mods that I am using for Fallout 3, Good Hair Day. Though I had to heavily fix it through G.E.C.K. to fix the missing left eye bugs for some of the NPCs.

CivGeneral said:
"Rise and Shine... ...wake up and smell the ashes" - The Gman

"My... apologies, Mr.... Freeman" ;)

Interesting story so far, and your character DOES look like Samus. :D

BTW, I decided to start a Fallout Mod Game just to check it out, and well....

Spoiler :

It's been a lot of fun, so far (well, aside from the time I had a massive horde of Death Claws show up and wreck my trade infrastructure, but my Mutie Rocket Launcher troops were able to eventually push them back.... Still dealing with about 3-5 Death Claws rolling up in my stuff every turn, but I can easily deal with that. Even have a Mutant Rocket Launcher crew out in the wastelands hunting down their lairs)

Why didnt you start off with 9INT ?

Spoiler Open me for a suprise :

Well, better not stand around gawking at the scenery. Better pick through the remains of this old town for any kind of supplies I can gather.

Sweet, broke into a safe and found myself a nice Laser pistol. A bit on the rusty side, but its still useful. I better grab any laser pistols I find lying around to repair these babies.

Oh what other things I can find in a town with a lone bot floating around playing music and then playing some old guy's speaches. A letter from Vault-Tec. Dear, so and so. We are sorry bla bla bla. Shesh, Ive seen better rejection letters from colleges and jobs that Ive applied for.

Oh goodie, a ranch that's nether boarded up nor turned into kindling. Looks to be abandoned, oh well. I better see what I can get out of that olde shack. Perhaps make it into a shelter of my own.

What the? There's some person who's breath smells like jet and is more wasted than a drunken OT poster. I demanded that she calmed down but all she could talk about was Moriarty this and Moriarty that and how I would not get any caps from her. Then she gone bezerko and started attacking me, so I returned the favor and gave her a laser eye surgery for free.

...then scurry off into the wastelands again to see if there is anything special in that school.

My my, someone was trying to hide this stimpack under a book. What was that? Oh great, Ive got company and he does not sound to friendly.

Pills here!!!! Grabbin Peelz!!!!

Lovely, just on my way out to Jury Metro, It starts to rain. Though as suddenly as it started, it stopped. Hmm, must be monsoon season in the wasteland.

Boy, the raiders certainly have a lot of time on there hands up here in old Jury Metro. Setting up shop in an old electronics store, creating a Rude Goldberg machine in the grocery store, a lab to make mole rat jerky, and cows?! WE GOT COWS!!!

Now that I gotten my lucky shades, I can head off right to Megaton to see whats what.

A friendly robot to great you into Megaton. Yet does it really have to mention an unexploded bomb?

NOW I see why the robot mentions a bomb. By the looks of it here, there's some dude worshiping it. Oh and here comes the mayor or the sheriff. Cant really tell though he told me that he's the town mayor and sheriff too. I'd chalk it up that he is a dual-rate person. I asked him where I can find any such supplies and where the father is located. But I bit my tongue about the bomb...

...and forget about it by tipping the local cow.

I figure the local supply store owner would have more information. By the looks of her, she seems really into work, even to the point of talking to the floor while sweeping. Apperently she saw a guy at Moriarty's then goes on about a survival guide. I'd figure what's the harm in helping out. Though before I left, I had to get a better armor than a raider armor and some energy cells.

As I entered in, what looks to be a guy with a horrible skin condition was complaning about his radio and kept banging on it. And then there's this guy. I wonder if he does it to all of Moriarty's guests who come in, just beckon them to come over. So I went over and discussed the bomb, to my horror he suggested that it should be blown up. This man must be insane or just evil inside. So I decided to play his little game and agree with what he said and jacked up the offer. After he said "Time is wasting", he gave me the creaps since it reminded me of that guy in my dreams one time who called himself "the G-man". But I'll be back with a Shotty and Mr. Simms to cr0wn that creap. Then went to speek with the man named Gob and spoke to him politely, he was shocked that I am nice to him and offered a discount. Ive seen worse *shutter* The L4D2 Spitter *shutter*.

Then went to Moriarty himself. I guess this was the person that the gal was running away from. I asked him on the where a bouts of the father. He went on and on about how I was brainwashed in the Vault so I decided to cut to the chase and payed for the information.

Were off to see the market, the wonderful super duper mart! Though I don't like the looks of the decor at the parking lot. Looks raiderish.

Nice story, so far... BTW this inspired me to buy the "Fallout Trilogy" pack that contains Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. :D

I'll be updating this AAR soon. Had a Left 4 Dead 2 fix...

...as well as going through Fallout 3 to fix a couple of installed mods. I had to remove the Energy Visuals Enhancement Mod due to random crashes each time I fire my laser pistol at an enemy. Also tested out the Street Lights mod.

Stands for 'After Action Report'. :)

Term has been co-opted by wierdo gaming types to roughly mean 'story/report based on a game I played'. To start with it was used for gameplay reports of scenarios etc in strategy & war games I think, and branched out from there to be used a bit more generally.

Top Bottom