The Ultimate Map Thread

I think it looks good. :)

... well, this is shameless self-indulgence than anything, and I know it's from the deep dark abyss of Forum Games, but what does the NES crowd think about my handdrawn map for Iron and Blood?

Spoiler :

I think it looks good. :)

... well, this is shameless self-indulgence than anything, and I know it's from the deep dark abyss of Forum Games, but what does the NES crowd think about my handdrawn map for Iron and Blood?

Spoiler :

I really like that map. It's aesthetically pleasing to me, not just as a hand-drawn map, but as a map in general. Why is there that orange in the north of Australia, though?

~Map~
Better?

MUCH MUCH better!

@Taillesskangaru--I'm with Anonymoose on this one. Normally I'd think it's poopy, but the handdrawn aesthetics of it are rather charming.

That is Australia's color in game. I don't think that affects it, though...

Well for the sake of uniformity the orange ought to be replaced with the adjacent gray, and the blue in Hawai'i should be made the same gray as well. Perhaps if this were saved for future use, the blood and iron graphic could be replaced with something for the NES that it represents. I'd like to see more hand-drawn looking maps. They have a lot more personality than the picture-perfect maps that are so ubiquitous.

Well for the sake of uniformity the orange ought to be replaced with the adjacent gray, and the blue in Hawai'i should be made the same gray as well.

Yeah, I had to recolour the map grey from one that's already had player colours on it, since I didn't have the original, so I forgot to recolour a few places.

Well once it's done, I nominate that it be saved in the front of the thread. Its uniqueness warrants its preservation.

Stolen from The Elder Scrolls Nexus forums, this grayscale map of Tamriel. Someone might find this useful in theory.
Spoiler :

600+ pages, and only one request to add a map to the opening post... :/

I think any addition of maps to the first page would be most helpful.

600+ pages, and only one request to add a map to the opening post... :/

I'm trying to get more interested in the cartography aspect of NESing, so expect more! We have a great network of map-finders, so we can make this thread a beacon of usefulness in the community if we work to communicate with one another when we have a map that's even remotely valuable or interesting.

Well I know there are tons of useful maps throughout this thread, that i could have linked in the opening posts.. people just don't tell me about them!

Well if you're going to take the responsibility of maintaining the thread, shouldn't you be doing that work yourself?

Well its a bit late now, but it wouldn't even have been work if people just prodded me when there was a map worth adding to the OP like I asked..

Collective effort makes it a lot easier than anyone alone doing it?

Update to the Victoria II map - now a more manageable size, many smaller islands and coastline issues resolved, some borders simplified for easier paint fill, &c.

Blank provinces:
Spoiler :

1836 AD:
Spoiler :

Same map, but from a user-created alternate-history mod called Divergences. There are several points of divergence between this world and ours. The major ones include:

• The duke of Burgundy decides to continue his support for Plantagenets in the Hundred Years' War.
  • The personal union of Denmark, Norway and Sweden survives and evolves to a unitary state.
  • One of the descendants of Timur the Great manages to re-unite the Chagatai under his control.
  • The Chenghua Emperor does not stop Ming China's explorations, but decides to pursue them with greater zeal than before.

If I ever decide to run an NES again, this is something I'd consider doing. :)

Spoiler :

Top Bottom