The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bunch of birthday cards for all the birthdays I need to worry about for the next six months.

I also already filled them out. The material on two of them made it so that the ink smudged around quite a bit. It is a bit unsightly. The writing itself is fine and intact.

Is there a way to clean up the smudged ink without messing with the writing or the material of the card? A q-tip dipped in something, maybe?

There are commercially available ink erasers, they come in the form of pens. They should erase any ink in use for pens. If it's a ballpoint pen you are out of luck though.

There are commercially available ink erasers, they come in the form of pens. They should erase any ink in use for pens. If it's a ballpoint pen you are out of luck though.
If this depends on Syn-chan's luck, well, then…

Ideally I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't involve "buy new cards" as the prevailing idea. Like I said, the writing itself is fine, the material of the card just made the ink not set all the way so it got smudged around a little. Get rid of the smudge = perfectly fine card + writing.
In medieval/Renaissance times they used sand to soak up excess ink. It's not like you don't live near an ocean with beaches or anything...

You could consider asking Bootstoots.
He wants to fix a smudged birthday card, not get investigated by CSIS! :eek:

Just leave it as it is, unless you have the time to post them down here, pay me for my awesome calligraphic services born froma lifetime of fixing homework, and then of course have them shipped back.

So leave it as it is.
I know how to do calligraphy... :cooool:

I don't think Syn-chan can afford to buy a hazmat suit.
:lol:

In medieval/Renaissance times they used sand to soak up excess ink. It's not like you don't live near an ocean with beaches or anything...
The ink may already have dried by this point.
Valka D'Ur said:
He wants to fix a smudged birthday card, not get investigated by CSIS! :eek:
Do you mean Syn-chan, or Bootstoots?
Valka D'Ur said:
I know how to do calligraphy... :cooool:
:high5:

The ink may already have dried by this point.

Do you mean Syn-chan, or Bootstoots?
CSIS is a Canadian intelligence organization, so I mean Synsensa.

:D

Calligraphy is a basic skill most people in the Society for Creative Anachronism are expected to at least try (the University of Ithra offers courses). I remember when I took the first course, the teacher asked if I'd thought of becoming a scribe (someone who does the calligraphy for the awards scrolls or other projects).

Well, I never did end up doing that, but my calligraphy skills were put to use when we did feast menus; someone asked if I'd done it by hand or by computer, and was surprised when I said the original had been hand-done and then photocopied (since I didn't have time to hand-calligraph several dozen menus).

And it does help to improve one's normal handwriting. I should go back to it since my handwriting these days is awful.

Would instituting universal basic income cause much inflation?
It could, but since the government has many tools for addressing inflation, the answer is complicated. Or, as one would say as an economist "I can't be held to my answer because I can think of a different set of circumstances where my answer would be true."

Is lemon curd something that you spread on toast in the morning? My local grocery store started stocking it in the jam and jelly section and I thought about trying it on my morning toast, but then I thought I remember hearing somewhere lemon curd is more of a desert thing.

CSIS is a Canadian intelligence organization, so I mean Synsensa.
Thanks for the clarification. You never know.
Valka D'Ur said:
:D

Calligraphy is a basic skill most people in the Society for Creative Anachronism are expected to at least try (the University of Ithra offers courses). I remember when I took the first course, the teacher asked if I'd thought of becoming a scribe (someone who does the calligraphy for the awards scrolls or other projects).

Well, I never did end up doing that, but my calligraphy skills were put to use when we did feast menus; someone asked if I'd done it by hand or by computer, and was surprised when I said the original had been hand-done and then photocopied (since I didn't have time to hand-calligraph several dozen menus).

And it does help to improve one's normal handwriting. I should go back to it since my handwriting these days is awful.
I've seen some calligraphy booklets on sale, I might just try them.

Is lemon curd something that you spread on toast in the morning? My local grocery store started stocking it in the jam and jelly section and I thought about trying it on my morning toast, but then I thought I remember hearing somewhere lemon curd is more of a desert thing.
It can be used in different ways including on toast or other bread or as a desert or filling. You could even add it to yogurt.

It can be used in different ways including on toast or other bread or as a desert or filling. You could even add it to yogurt.
I've never heard of a lemon curd desert. Is it a hot desert like the Sahara or a cold one like the Gobi or on Mars?

You can put anything spreadable and edible on your toast in the morning if you want.

0. The inflation argument is just a political attack to discredit the concept. UBI would rearrange some consumption spending, but would not increase it in total. And so no upwards pressure on the aggregate price level.

I got a jar for free a couple years ago. :yumyum: You can just eat it with a spoon.
0. The inflation argument is just a political attack to discredit the concept. UBI would rearrange some consumption spending, but would not increase it in total. And so no upwards pressure on the aggregate price level.
For the record, no ‘universal income’ has ever been really implemented in a modern capitalistic society except in veeeery limited forms. Possibly because politicians and their backers didn't want to risk it proving to be a good idea.

For the record, no ‘universal income’ has ever been really implemented in a modern capitalistic society except in veeeery limited forms. Possibly because politicians and their backers didn't want to risk it proving to be a good idea.
Since it's never really been done, I don't think you can say for sure how it will impact inflation. All we seem to have is some economists theory, (which have always proven to be correct in the past) :lol: :lol: They may be right but until we see it implemented we can't be sure. We certainly don't know about all the other effects this could drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom