The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks . More than ı could have dared . ı find internet distractive where one invariably finds things that would already make sense if one had given a thought . As in me just learning that Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird .

What's the difference when you buy a game from Steam as a "gift"?
Does it cost the same? Can you change your mind and use it yourself?
It's people like you who cause unrest! :)

According to Lurus 5 Jul, 2018 @ 8:44am
you can no longer gift items to yourself. They removed the ability to purchase games as steam gifts that
went into your inventory. You either have to buy it for yourself or gift ir directly to someone but no
longer can games be saved in your inventory the way they used to for trade and such.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/30/1729828401689704574/

I don't know if that has changed since 2018.

Weird, why is that rule in place? I suppose you can't gift a gift back to somebody either then. Not that this really affects anything on my end, but it seems like a curious limitation.

Likely to make people pay twice for the same game, if they can't gift it ^_^
At least you should be allowed to trade a gift for a gift to you.
I don't mind, since I don't plan to buy a lot of games from Steam anyway. Maybe a gift if I need it for marketing (unlikely).

Another question is if you can use Steam points (you get those when you buy stuff) to host for free one of your own games on Steam. Now that would be very useful since I don't feel like paying $100.

Can someone suggest me some PC games which stimulate the right hemisphere of the brain? I tried playing real time strategy games, because they require multi tasking a lot, but
I'm not into war games at all I found out.

Something with a lot of going at the same time, but without any killing/hurting/destroying etc.

Does anyone know if you write on someones wall, does it trigger a email notification?

Can someone suggest me some PC games which stimulate the right hemisphere of the brain? I tried playing real time strategy games, because they require multi tasking a lot, but
I'm not into war games at all I found out.

Something with a lot of going at the same time, but without any killing/hurting/destroying etc.
Hmmmm.

Zero killing: Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Not much killing: Widelands.

Does anyone know if you write on someones wall, does it trigger a email notification?
I see that several people have written on your wall. Did you get any email notifications about them?

What about a city-builder game á la SimCity?

Turn-based, starts slow but eventually lots going on, generally no mayhem.

EDIT:

Hmm... Just realised where I posted this. Would these posts be better moved to the Videogames thread?

Good point. No I did not.

Shame. So many old faced I'd like to reach out to, but have no way of doing so.

Good point. No I did not.

Shame. So many old faced I'd like to reach out to, but have no way of doing so.
:confused:

Send a PM. They will get an email notification of that, and might answer you. Sometimes people who have left the forum for posting purposes will still answer PMs. That's how I've kept in touch with a couple of people who don't post here anymore but still kept their accounts.

What about a city-builder game á la SimCity?

Turn-based, starts slow but eventually lots going on, generally no mayhem.

EDIT:

Hmm... Just realised where I posted this. Would these posts be better moved to the Videogames thread?

Yeah, I do like Caesar type of games. But I don't think they are really hard enough for multi-tasking.

I posted this in Raves, 'cause there might be some other people in OT whose daily life is so left-brain centered that one needs some right brain activities to even it out. So, although I asked for video games, I'm open to other suggestions if they are something else than "write, draw, dance, play theater", because those take a lot of effort and training can be expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom