The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best noise machine I know of for helping with sleep is a cat. This works even better if the cat decides to give you a facewash (once you're used to it, those little sandpaper tongues are quite relaxing).

Can anyone tell me where the 'view last unread post' in a thread feature is in the new format?

Is there currently an option to use a different forum skin? (and if so, how does one access it?)
The very bottom left of the site where it has a paint icon. They aren't actually different from each other except the primary colour, though.

The very bottom left of the site where it has a paint icon. They aren't actually different from each other except the primary colour, though.

Thank you!
Yes, the option isn't much of an improvement imo either. But at least now I know where the black CFC skin will appear.
PS, hopefully it won't take long for it to appear, the current skins are just bad.

Did No-Ad sunscreen get renamed to Banana Boat when I wasn't looking?

Can't find any news about it, but NO-AD's site is wiped and it looks like Oleander is just Lander now—and their offices are listed as "Temporarily Closed."

Business restructuring?:dunno:

Can anyone tell me where the 'view last unread post' in a thread feature is in the new format?

On the right-hand side of the page, at the top of the thread.

1658485263343.png

Anyone know a good approximation of global deaths per day (for all causes)?
A quick googling provided a figure of around 150.000, which makes it a little short of 55 million/year (54,75)
Is this correct?

About 60 million people die every year. That’s about the number of people living in South Africa. Over half of all deaths worldwide can be attributed to 10 causes.​

:lol: World deaths is an inexact science and nobody knows. They are all estimating/guessing. Any attempt at precision will be wrong.

140 degrees in India in the past week; want to guess the death toll?

:lol: World deaths is an inexact science and nobody knows. They are all estimating/guessing. Any attempt at precision will be wrong.
Obviously not inexact in the way you imagine it to be. It doesn't work for so huge differences; 5 million difference would mean that people in the know somehow missed (or added) over 13.500 deaths a day.
It only becomes an issue if you are trying to find a representative average for a much smaller timeframe, not an entire year.

Last edited:
How much do you think it would cost to fix this tiny scratch/dent?

Attachments

• 20220802_125850.jpg
    20220802_125850.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
Professionally? Too much. I've had small scratches cost me close to 1000€, and I'm right now waiting for the report from a car rental agency about another scratch.

Main questions are:
a) is it your car?
b) is the part plastic?
c) do you care about how it looks or not?
Main point of fixing scratches is to prevent rust/corrosion. If this is your car, and this part is plastic, then you might not give a damn, no point. If it's metal, and you don't care how it looks, then you can get a varnish stick (or something similar, looks like nail polish) and you can do it amateurish yourself (clean the site first though). Costs you basically nothing.

Unfortunately it's not my car. I rented a car from an acquaintance to get to various baby appointments and someone it got that tiny scratch (no idea how) and now they're insisting I pay to fix it which is very annoying. I'm going to try & get my own estimate in case they try to overcharge me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom