1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble in the Gulf: Ties to Qatar cut

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dutchfire, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Y'know, say what you like about Stalin, if he had a point, he sodding well made it. None of these games.

Is bourbon okay? Out of Scotch, I'm afraid, disgraceful as that is.

2. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

Lol wut. Projecting much?

3. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

• Infracted for flaming.
    That's a BS, outrageous accusation and you know it.

Are the victims of Hugo Chaves all white too? I feel like I talk more about them than Stalin's victims. How about the religious minorities being butchered in the Middle East by Islamists? Did I not point out that on the same week that we mourned the dead in Manchester, an even greater number was butchered in Egypt? Do they look like me too?

Go to hell.

It is you and your ilk who gladly approve of violence, of murder and genocide as long as it serves a "noble" political purpose. Don't come and preach morality here. There's nothing moral about you, your politics, your heroes. I will not take any lesson from a damn communist. Go preach to your disgusting kind.

Moderator Action: Flaming is unacceptable on CFC. Your first two paragraphs were fine, the latter two were not. - Vincour
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  4. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

I am not saying that you are a racist but that you keep a mindset through which you projects racial discrimination as a motive of action on others.

Lets cool off the discussion guys if possible I sense a chance for a bit of a constructive dialoge and perhaps possibility for clearing up some misunderstandings...

5. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

Meanwhile, in Qatar…

6. red_elk

red_elk Deity

Wow, what a fight! I'm taking the communists side :)
    Don't have whisky, but I think Cuban rum would be appropriate too.

7. Takhisis

I believe there are no Communist-run governments in the Arab world currently.

And these Islamists are against alcohol.

8. Traitorfish

Putting Indians in concentration camps is pretty unambiguously racist, yeah. I'm frankly not prepared to have a discussion on that point.

9. red_elk

red_elk Deity

I heard some of them drink at night. When Allah doesn't see them.

10. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

I think the issue is larger then that. You can limit it to see it just as a racial thing but thats oversimplification.

For example was puting American Japanese in WWII in concentration camps a racist thing? Possibly. Partialy. But likely above all it was a war necessity.

My problem with you bringing up racism in discussion over nationality is that this labeling doesnt clarify the issue but it helps to miss the point or in worse case it serves as a tool for silencing others and subtle manipulation.

11. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Here's the list:

12. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Absolutely!

13. Traitorfish

Jesus Christ. I don't even know how to begin responding to this kind of nihilism.

14. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

You mean the authorities told the US citizens "these are just a bunch of inferior Japs so we are going to locked them up and yeah there is a war on the top of that too."

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  15. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

There are two basic ways to miss the point here. One is not to be willing to name a reality for what it is and the other is to give it a name which misrepresents it. You think I practise the former while I blame you for the later.

16. Takhisis

Demand #5 makes the whole list be a ‘do what I say, not what I do’ thing.

17. Arwon

Arwon

You ever take a moment, look in the rear view mirror, take a deep breath, and think "wow I'm pretty far gone here"?

18. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Well, the Egyptian government is certainly doing a bang-up job at stopping the violence. It makes sense that the Egyptian government should double down on being an ageing collection of unaccountable plutocrats who view rifle bullets as a perfectly legitimate way to deal with dissent.

So, are you saying there was not a systemic effort by the Federal and State governments in the US to force out the Native tribes -including through concentration camps?

Nah, not when he is on a roll like this.

19. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Something like that. The Court granted deference to the military's assertion that people on the West Coast of Japanese heritage were a security threat. They didn't explain why German and Italian nationals did not pose a similar threat nor did the Japanese in the Hawaiian Islands, including the Japanese spy who lived in Aiea and who could see Pearl Harbor through his front window.

If you want me to school you on the Korematsu case etc., please start another threat. We're a little off topic here.

20. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Wait, we didn't round up the Japanese living in Hawaii?
    Learn something new every day.