Trump Indicted!

Just walk up to the man and hand your life savings to him; cut out the middleman.

“I bought several times last Monday & Tuesday, little by little to show support of the stock,” said a Truth Social user going by the handle of fantasticblush. “This is a Truth Movement and no matter what happens tomorrow this merger will happen tomorrow or in the future,” said Truth Social user ajdelval. “We will win this war no matter what.”
So these are comments on Trump's walled-garden social network about the value of said social network.

I know the value of these posts.

Random question. Say these trials drag on and Trump goes to the general election. Now say he wins. What happens next? Can he stop the trials? Is he just going to be crushed by them anyway? Will the senate just obstruct him at every step like they did last time?

All of the federal trials will certainly be put on ice. GA, too, I think. NY should be done by then.

Senate and House are hard to call. He might get the Senate and lose the House. If Dems win either, they can prevent bad legislation, but not, probably, do much to check all of his other nonsense.

But yeah, he gets himself off the hook legally if he wins. It's the primary reason he's running.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that for Trump this is all or nothing. He is backed into a corner and has nothing to loose because loosing here means loosing it all? And he is a charismatic populist with a horde of dedicated followers at his command. This has shades of the late Roman Republic all over it.

Now don't get me wrong. I ain't saying he is actually going to start and win a civil war or anything like Cesar did. But if his previous flop in that respect is any indication I fear that won't be for lack of trying.

On the plus side, I don't think the turnout for round two is going to be much better than it was for round one. And back than the richest country in the world with the most capable armed forces and most militarized police wasn't expecting it.

So like.... ? Like, do you think hell be desperate / stupid enough to do something like that?

Last edited:
If he loses, he will try whatever lies in his power, including inciting violence, to subvert the results. He'll be less well positioned to do that than last time, since he's not presently holding the office. But the people around him have probably been devising new things to try, so who knows how it will play out. I don't expect more than small violent outbursts in such a case (though I feel certain there will be those). There are some who expect a full-out civil war.

If he loses, he will try whatever lies in his power, including inciting violence, to subvert the results. He'll be less well positioned to do that than last time, since he's not presently holding the office. But the people around him have probably been devising new things to try, so who knows how it will play out. I don't expect more than small violent outbursts in such a case (though I feel certain there will be those). There are some who expect a full-out civil war.
I just kind of like the thought of that story. Just imagine the movie trailer.

He wanted to rule a country but he could not get people to like him. So he decided to use force.
Mr. Trump is about to find out that trying to coup the richest, most militarized country in the world whose police forces puts actual armies to shame and the average apartment building is armed better than some countries might be hard.

Trump 2024.
Coming soon to a theater near you.

And the trailer includes clips of Trump speaking, stock footage from the Vietnam war, generic race riots, roof Koreans shooting at a crowd with MAGA banners photoshoped in and of the QAnon shaman blessing initiates painted up like the Scots in the movie Braveheart. All superimposed on the music from the SMAC intro cutscene.

most militarized country in the world whose police forces puts actual armies to shame
Part of how he will try will be to bring those forces over to his side. He courts them regularly and a lot of them like him. The military brass held firm against him in 2021, and the rank and file probably can't do much if the leaders aren't on board.

There is a greater chance of a coup or a civil war than Gori thinks, but it is small. At the moment there is probably a greater chance of a coup by the military acting to negate a second Trump victory, but there again, small, because you can just rig the election.

I don't think he will be allowed to take office again. If he picks Tim Scott or Marco Rubio, someone the establishment can live with as VP, then they will just kill him. Which they could do after the election. But if we get a wild card like Tulsi Gabard, they might not want her even though she was a Democrat at one time.

Now scoff if you like but think of all that has happened already that we all would have laughed off years ago. I used to be naive, but life has taught me. There is always a conspiracy. People are plotting right now, and you would be simple to think that it's happening in Louisiana in a compound and not in the Pentagon, the NSA, the CIA, and all of the three letter agencies. They are besides themselves over not getting the money they want to wage war.

There is always a conspiracy. The weekend before I was scheduled to be paroled, I was running my poker game as per normal. There was a rule that said that an inmate could only hold a certain amount of money. My game raked too much for me to stay under the limit, so I had mules come by at preset times and pick up the extra cash. That night they didn't come by the last few hours. I was making a lot and they had never searched me for money, so I was sloppy. Sure enough, the guards came in and took me outside, in the dark, and searched me. I was holding about ten times the cash limit, and this bust would cost me my parole so you can imagine how I was thinking. Not straight. Then the one guard said, relax, you're good. I honestly thought that somehow that I had somehow just dropped and lost the money. Because I knew these guards and I thought they were straight shooters. It wasn't until much later that it hit me, they had straight up robbed me. There is always a plan. People are always plotting in the darkness.

Part of how he will try will be to bring those forces over to his side. He courts them regularly and a lot of them like him. The military brass held firm against him in 2021, and the rank and file probably can't do much if the leaders aren't on board.
I guess. But like if it comes down to it how many of them are actually going to be willing to face down the only army in the world that has more guns, tanks and overall military hardware and trained military grade murderers with PTSD in their ranks than they do?

LOL, y'all might have noticed the number of naval commanders who have been fired. Somebody wants somebody they can trust in those positions, maybe?

Let's just pray for a bloodless transition of power. And that remains the mostly likely outcome, except somebody might fall out of a window.

LOL, y'all might have noticed the number of naval commanders who have been fired. Somebody wants somebody they can trust in those positions, maybe?

Let's just pray for a bloodless transition of power.
I am not good with american geography. Does your capital face the sea?

There is a greater chance of a coup or a civil war than Gori thinks, but it is small. At the moment there is probably a greater chance of a coup by the military acting to negate a second Trump victory, but there again, small, because you can just rig the election.

Trump is planning to shift the focus of war, so, new permanent vacation addresses, not closing shop. New opportunities to fill out jobs at the Pacific theatre, new budgets - lots to be excited about. Not just doom and gloom of Donald cutting military funding to existing projects. But also the brave new world of taking China suppression up a notch. And it looks like the latter will require considerably more resources than currently rationed for the ongoing projects. So why would the military be unhappy?

There is always a conspiracy. The weekend before I was scheduled to be paroled, I was running my poker game as per normal. There was a rule that said that an inmate could only hold a certain amount of money. My game raked too much for me to stay under the limit, so I had mules come by at preset times and pick up the extra cash. That night they didn't come by the last few hours. I was making a lot and they had never searched me for money, so I was sloppy. Sure enough, the guards came in and took me outside, in the dark, and searched me. I was holding about ten times the cash limit, and this bust would cost me my parole so you can imagine how I was thinking. Not straight. Then the one guard said, relax, you're good. I honestly thought that somehow that I had somehow just dropped and lost the money. Because I knew these guards and I thought they were straight shooters. It wasn't until much later that it hit me, they had straight up robbed me. There is always a plan. People are always plotting in the darkness.
The lesson you learned from making ten times whatever gambling limit is apparently allowed in the singular US prison you were in is that "people are always plotting"?

Am I missing some vitally-important US context here, or would your position be dramatically different had you not been caught making a bunch of money off of the other inmates?

Like personally, you have my sympathies as far as "prison is a weaponised form of labour" goes. But, uh, I still feel like I'm missing something because I don't have sympathy for you or the guards in this anecdote.

The US is too big for a revolt in Idaho or even TX to do much. Capturing DC would be a challenge without the generals on Trumps side. Trump's army would fail before the US military.

So like.... ? Like, do you think hell be desperate / stupid enough to do something like that?
Yes. He is the Wile E. Coyote of American politics.
If he told his followers that there is a Star Gate in Cheyenne Mountain, some of them would believe him because they remember seeing the video evidence.

If the accusations of outside interference are true, and somebody or unit somewhere has managed to manipulate voters so that numbers in Congress and the Senate are so close, they are geniuses with cats on their laps.
And to create a situation where the only choice is between Biden or Trump, that's SMERSH-like.

It's 8:44am in New York.
Will the DA start seizing assets at 9am, or will Trump's myrmidons deliver a large bag of cash in time?
I'm on the edge of my seat. :)

It's 8:44am in New York.
Will the DA start seizing assets at 9am, or will Trump's myrmidons deliver a large bag of cash in time?
I'm on the edge of my seat. :)

An appeals court has reduced the bond to $175 million and given another 10 days.

Surely the billionaire can swing that?

That sucks on one level. Why reduce the value? Do they do this for anyone else?

But if he can't come up with the money, even so, then that will make it funny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom