Different kind of slap.
But the pun works well.

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP), SLAPP suit, or intimidation lawsuit[1] is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition.[2]

In the typical SLAPP, the plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit. The plaintiff's goals are accomplished if the defendant succumbs to fear, intimidation, mounting legal costs, or simple exhaustion and abandons the criticism. In some cases, repeated frivolous litigation against a defendant may raise the cost of directors and officers liability insurance for that party, interfering with an organization's ability to operate.[3] A SLAPP may also intimidate others from participating in the debate. A SLAPP is often preceded by a legal threat. SLAPPs bring about freedom of speech concerns due to their chilling effect and are often difficult to filter out and penalize because the plaintiffs attempt to obfuscate their intent to censor, intimidate, or silence their critics.

To protect freedom of speech some jurisdictions have passed anti-SLAPP laws (often called SLAPP-back laws). These laws often function by allowing a defendant to file a motion to strike and/or dismiss on the grounds that the case involves protected speech on a matter of public concern. The plaintiff then bears the burden of showing a probability that they will prevail. If the plaintiffs fail to meet their burden their claim is dismissed and the plaintiffs may be required to pay a penalty for bringing the case.

Anti-SLAPP laws occasionally come under criticism from those who believe that there should not be barriers to the right to petition for those who sincerely believe they have been wronged, regardless of ulterior motives. Hence, the difficulty in drafting SLAPP legislation, and in applying it, is to craft an approach which affords an early termination to invalid, abusive suits, without denying a legitimate day in court to valid good faith claims. Anti-SLAPP laws are generally considered to have a favorable effect, and many lawyers have fought to enact stronger laws protecting against SLAPPs.[4]

Such hilarity

McConnell joked that Trump's ex-secretary of state could deny calling Trump a 'moron' because he actually called him a 'f**king moron': book
https://www.businessinsider.com/mcc...erson-calling-trump-fudging-moron-book-2021-9

Link is broken ^^^

This is sedition and a textbook self-coup.

From Trump's lawyer.

'Howls from the Democrats' as Democracy is brazenly overturned.

This lawyer is the Director of a prominent conservative think tank, which Top Republican Leadership are deeply entwined with. He isn't a fringe figure, he has just gone back to the Conservative swamp waiting to try again.

It was a coup attempt plain and simple. Anybody who denies that is denying reality, Trump's own team knew full well that is what they were doing.

The interesting thing about this (to me) is that they gave Pence a way of letting it happen without directly participating, simply by recusing himself. Grassley would have been happy to carry this all out.

It means that Pence in effect took a proactive step to block this plan, simply by keeping it in his own authority to carry out what the Constitution calls for.

I also find it a little funny that they think, because Lawrence Tribe has once argued X or Y, that utterly locks Democrats into some particular position when they object to this. Tribe appears on MSNBC as a guest speaker, and he's cogent and knowledgeable. But his word is not some kind of absolute trump card in matters like this.

It's simultaneously terrifying and silly. Like Trump's whole presidency.

Last edited:
Well, except for Pence, as it turns out.

Its just flimsy legal fig leaf, for trying to overturn the election
Since just yelling that election was stolen wasn't working.

AZ audit results will be announced on Friday.

Did the national party wrest control, or did it stay with the badass little old ladies at the poll booths?

They're not the same people, as you know, albeit the loud pos's can't tell and don't care.

I'd hazard a guess at 21st Jan, 2025, if at all.

Reinstatement implies to me that the person has been out of office rather than back-to-back victories.

The two eligible people at this point in time are Donald Trump and Jimmy Carter as Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama are all constitutionally prohibited from serving a third term.

Does anyone know what the next reinstatement date is?
The MyPillow guy is saying Thanksgiving, I've heard. I suspect the date will keep getting pushed back, not least because reinstatement isn't a thing.

The MyPillow guy is saying Thanksgiving, I've heard. I suspect the date will keep getting pushed back, not least because reinstatement isn't a thing.
It's the GOP Rapture. Which is also always coming soon. The second coming of the messiah who will take all who voted for him to a mythical paradise: US 1950's style. All who didn't vote for him will be in mythical hell: US 1950's style.

Yes, a certain percentage of the people who support him are practiced in postponing the date of the End Times.

One of the early commentators who helped me understand the support Trump was getting said he not Christian, but he speaks in the same terms that (some) modern-day Christians speak.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/...ubpoenas-four-from-trumps-inner-circle-513989

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas 4 from Trump's inner circle
The four will be commanded to produce relevant documents by Oct. 7 and appear for depositions the following week.

The select panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection is issuing subpoenas to four current and former top aides to President Donald Trump, including his most recent chief of staff Mark Meadows.

The committee issued its first subpoenas on Thursday to Meadows; former Pentagon official and longtime House Intelligence Committee aide Kash Patel; former top White House adviser Steve Bannon; and longtime Trump social media chief Dan Scavino. It marks a turning point in the investigation as lawmakers begin homing in on Trump's effort to overturn the 2020 election results.

Top Bottom