Turkey in europe

turkey doesnt even have private executions, im not sure if its actually a proper rule but its at least an unwritten rule that if you want to join the eu you dont have a death penalty

You have to sign up to the human rights convention, so tis a written rule.

Time of war or imminent threat of war only.

You know, when you think about it, most of Europe that's regarded as being "European" is from somewhere else. Kinda makes people of Italian Celtic's mindset look somewhat silly, with all that "real European" talk and whatnot.

son if you knew what i think about you, your offenses would be heavier ;)

Even Finns and Hungarians?

I don't believe origins are so important in Modern World
In the present time surely hungarian and finns are european nations and this is the important thing

and hilariously enough, the greeks mainland greece of today are mostly descendents of slavs and albanians who identified as greek! IT'S ALL BACKWARDS

It's true but only in the northen area, Athens and pelopponesus are pure greek

If Turkey is denied entry, the EU is dead, it's that simple.

If Turkey come in Europe, it will create so many problems that EU will be dead in the space of ten years (now it sounds more realistic)

was my post totally out of subject or was it just so full of evidence that turkey could be part of EU that people opposing it just jump what i wrote?

Turkey is a secular democracy with cultural and economic links to Europe going back centuries. It was also promised membership 40 years ago. If Turkey is denied entry, the EU is dead, it's that simple.

:lol:

You're joking, right? If EU does take Turkey in, it is dead. Or at least deadlocked forever.

Tell me one good reason why Turkey's non-accession would mean an end for the EU.

son if you knew what i think about you, your offenses would be heavier ;)

I don't think I've been offensive in the least. Further, I could honestly care less for the opinions of a racist Italian child five thousand miles away. :lol:

I don't believe origins are so important in Modern World
In the present time surely hungarian and finns are european nations and this is the important thing.

You're contradicting yourself here. :) Our point was that there's no such thing as an "original" European, because you're all from somewhere else. If someone assimilates culturally, they're just as much "European" as someone who's family has lived in Europe for several generations, or whose skin is white.

Except for the Italian blood, the Sicilian blood, the Turkish blood, and whoever else has occupied that peninsula in the last two thousand years.

Why is this so hard to understand? There's no such thing as pure-blood.

If Turkey come in Europe, it will create so many problems that EU will be dead in the space of ten years (now it sounds more realistic)

Why? Why would Turkey create more problems than, say, Romania?

Why? Why would Turkey create more problems than, say, Romania?

1) Size
2) Different culture/religion
3) Different interests (too connected with the Middle East)
4) Nationalism and inability to compromise
5) Bad relations with the present-day members (Cyprus, Greece)
6) Belligerence (Iraq)
7) Different approach to the European project

Does turkey have public executions??

I didnt see one.The last execution was at 1960,if i remember it correctly.

You are of course correct. I was merely presenting my point from his (IC's) perspective. Even those "Turks" of Turkey today can still trace bloodlines back to the steppes.

But that was precisely my point, too. No one is 100% anything anymore.

I have the same opinion and it is the first reason for me not being a nationalist and racist.

Hey, when is Turkey going to change the name of the city back to Byzantium?

It is impossible.Before Atatürk the city was called Islambol.(Home of Islam sort of).Atatürk thought that this can be offensive for nonmuslim citizens and the senate changed it to Istanbul.The same reason for Byzantium:)
Actually I wrote "Konstantinople" for my location on my schools forum and many of students were offended.I tried to keep it and explained my thoughts like the byzantine and ottoman people were the patriarchs of citizens from modern Turkey and Greece,the idea dont accepted by others and the mods removed it.
Long story short,even the Turks,whose Patriarchs lived since centuries in Istanbul arent supposed to call the city "Konstantinople" or "Byzantion".

And it should be known,Turks are always easily offended.

Hah! There's a significant ancestry of albanian population in the athens area, derived from the repopulation of the area after the fourth crusade.

Further, I could honestly care less for the opinions of a racist Italian child five thousand miles away. :lol:

Do it

You're contradicting yourself here. :) Our point was that there's no such thing as an "original" European, because you're all from somewhere else. If someone assimilates culturally, they're just as much "European" as someone who's family has lived in Europe for several generations, or whose skin is white.

1) Surely there is a big difference between an italian and a turk
this difference is the barrier between european and not

have you understood? :)

2) I am not racist just because i don't want turkey in EU

3) Only because you are 3 years older than me doesn't mean i'm a child

4) I don't care about opinions of hambur eaters (alias americans)

Except for the Italian blood, the Sicilian blood, the Turkish blood, and whoever else has occupied that peninsula in the last two thousand years.

When i was refering to prue greek i meant real greek in the sense
"not immigrants"

ok? (your hystory lessons are useless
when the hell have sicilians occupied greece?)

Yes, we eat Turkey in Europe, but mostly for Christmas dinners here in the UK (that and sliced thinly in sandwiches). We're not so big on this crazy Thanksgiving holiday thingy that goes on in the US.
Turkeys sweat out a lot of fat when cooking. The smell permeates the whole house.

Winner said:
1) Size
2) Different culture/religion
3) Different interests (too connected with the Middle East)
4) Nationalism and inability to compromise
5) Bad relations with the present-day members (Cyprus, Greece)
6) Belligerence (Iraq)
7) Different approach to the European project

Other than numbers 4 and 5, I don't see why that should exclude them from membership exactly. I can see how they could present a different opinion about things, but I don't see why they should be excluded because they're a large, Muslim nation. Surely the EU isn't a Christian-only club, is it?

I'm not saying Turkey should be admitted tommorow, I'm just saying they shouldn't be ruled out from ever joining.

I already am :)

1) Surely there is a big difference between an italian and a turk
this difference is the barrier between european and not

have you understood? :)

I understand that you are a simple bigot. Turkey has every right to want to associate with Europe, and simply because they're different ethnically doesn't mean they should be denied that right because of it.

2) I am not racist just because i don't want turkey in EU[/QUOTE]

It's racism because your creating qualifications based upon race.

3) Only because you are 3 years older than me doesn't mean i'm a child[/QUOTE]

That's true. But your narrowmindedness and immaturity DO make it so.

4) I don't care about opinions of hambur eaters (alias americans)[/QUOTE]

What is a hambur eater? Do you mean hamburger? Why should it matter what kind of sandwich I eat? Surely you don't think Americans are the only ones who eat meat patties on buns? (I'll give you a hint: which country has a city named after it?)

When i was refering to prue greek i meant real greek in the sense
"not immigrants"

And the point is that there is no such thing as "real" Greek, or "real" any ethnicity, because of migrations and intermarriages, and cultural exchange.

ok? (your hystory lessons are useless
when the hell have sicilians occupied greece?)

Greece has been one of the chief traders with the Kingdom of Sicily for the last thousand years. It never occupied it, though.

Apparently your history lessons aren't doing you much better.

Greece has been one of the chief traders with the Kingdom of Sicily for the last thousand years. It never occupied it, though.
The crusader states in Greece?

About the racial issue here you have this little map. Maybe somebody could extract any conclussions about who is racially European and who is not, i could not.

I don't understand this map.

Iceland is completely inhabitated by vikigns of Norwegian ancestory and somehow a couple of genes got into norwegians between the 11th century and now?

Poles don't seem really european compared to french english etc.

Basques are more european then anything else, Russia has barely and genetic relations with western europe, albanians are more european then greeks, Silesians and Czechs, apearently have hunnic ancestory like the finns, BUT the hugnarians don't? Lapps who should be pretty similar to finns aren't?

Maybe someone could explain this to me a bit better?

I already am :)

Have you at least understood what we are speaking about?

I understand that you are a simple bigot. Turkey has every right to want to associate with Europe, and simply because they're different ethnically doesn't mean they should be denied that right because of it.

I've not said "turkey can't enter in EU because it's an asiatic nation"
and next time buy a pair of glasses before confusing another time the words which you read

It's racism because your creating qualifications based upon race.

1)What race???? turkey is a nation not a race

2)I don't want Turkey in EU for economic/social reasons

3)What qualifications? To be an european citizen doesn't depend manly on race or religion but on respect of some basic principle and laws (see this video)

That's true. But your narrowmindedness and immaturity DO make it so.

1)If you are more mature than me then i prefere remain child ;)

2)the first attribute of a mature people is the humility and the coherence but
unfortunately you haven't it
adios amigos

And the point is that there is no such thing as "real" Greek, or "real" any ethnicity, because of migrations and intermarriages, and cultural exchange.

You are one of few people who think in this way ;)

Apparently your history lessons aren't doing you much better.

Clearly you don't know with who you are speaking ;)

I don't understand this map.

Iceland is completely inhabitated by vikigns of Norwegian ancestory and somehow a couple of genes got into norwegians between the 11th century and now?

Poles don't seem really european compared to french english etc.

Basques are more european then anything else, Russia has barely and genetic relations with western europe, albanians are more european then greeks, Silesians and Czechs, apearently have hunnic ancestory like the finns, BUT the hugnarians don't? Lapps who should be pretty similar to finns aren't?

Maybe someone could explain this to me a bit better?

At a first look i could think

1) violet indicates asiatic/mongolian genes (high in Russia/Finlandia/Lapponia)

2) red indicates celtic genes

3) blue indicates berber genes (high in Maghreb)

4) green indicates middleastern genes (high in Syria/Caucasus/Turkey)

5) yellow indicates scandinavian genes

6) perhaps pink indicates the pre-indoeuropean genes :confused:

Top Bottom