UK CFC Meet 2010

Are you interested in coming?

• Total voters
Abby's right, you're not busy on weekends in uni, unless you're a fresher and it's the first weekend of freshers week, in which case you will be very busy and I recommend you don't even think about going to some gay nerdy internet meet up with weird nerdy internet losers.

I reject the 'loser' tag :p

Seriously though, can we try an get come concensus on date?

September 18th-19th then?

Anyone got a place I could crash at, or want to split accommodation costs somewhere? I'll have to come down the day before the meetup, and leave the day after, though

Well, I'm not rejecting you guys altogether. I just need to see how much work I'll have.

That happens to be the start of a new academic year, I work at a college and I don't drive :(

18 Sept sounds good to me.

When I was a student, I would do half of each term's work during the preceding holiday, to be sure of being comfortably ahead at the start of term. This made me the well-rounded and psychologically balanced person I am today.

When I was a student, I would do half of each term's work during the preceding holiday, to be sure of being comfortably ahead at the start of term. This made me the well-rounded and psychologically balanced person I am today.
You've clearly never studied architecture. ;) "Weather monitoring station/tourist centre, St.Andrews, that bit down between the cathedral and the harbour, full proposal, one week, GO!" :crazyeye:

Was it being taught by an architect? They're even worse when they try to teach you how to design clothes. :crazyeye:

*Pokes head in*

18th, eh? Well, that ever so negligible chance of making it is much smaller, then. Ah well. If it had been the 11th the chance would've been much better. :(

Was it being taught by an architect? They're even worse when they try to teach you how to design clothes. :crazyeye:
I get the impression that design courses are all a bit like that. Combine a body of notoriously eccentric professionals with a necessarily loose teaching structure and you have a recipe for many a long night! :crazyeye:

*Pokes head in*

18th, eh? Well, that ever so negligible chance of making it is much smaller, then. Ah well. If it had been the 11th the chance would've been much better. :(
Brian, don't!!!!
Dinna fash yoursel', the opportunity will come again.
I get the impression that design courses are all a bit like that. Combine a body of notoriously eccentric professionals with a necessarily loose teaching structure and you have a recipe for many a long night! :crazyeye:
Indeed, I used to finish stuff at 3 am and it became quite 'normal' after a few months.

The architect in question had, some time before, decided that he needed a change in his life so decided to do a 6-month boat trip to somewhere in Brazil, starting from here. With all his family. Gave up his job, sold the car, rented the house, and set off northwards. :faint:

Of course, he never sewed anything by himself. Or glued any of the numbers that he did. one thing's for sure, he was a terrific plan maker, he could do floor plans, sketches and scale drawings at enormous speed and they were rather good, I'll grant him that.
Still, he was slightly off his rocker.

18 Sept it is!

Sell a kidney!

I'll have to wait until a bit closer to the date to decide.

My last trip to London was volcano interrupted.

I have stacks of holidays to take though.

We let's hope god isn't against this union.

18th sounds doable for me although I am still not certain what's going on with my postgrad efforts. I might be going to Portsmouth now instead of Hull (scarborough campus) because they apparently lost my references.

Anyway. I would also be in need of a place to 'crash' as they say. Or I can hang out in a tube station for the night.

Top Bottom