UK CFC meetup mark II

Please vote for a WHERE and a WHEN you want the meet!

• Total voters
Haha didn't expect that did ya Krys! I just phoned him in france and we'll meet in waterloo and walk up from there. A bientot. meli
I must say I was REALLY surprised, it doesn't happen everyday. :p You caught me well, because I'm not speaking English everyday (writing is different). Anyway, long live to the English accent ! :goodjob:

You just wait until I'm drunk enough to try speaking french. Then you'll hear an accent ;) Anyway I just checked my train times and if I get up a little earlier I can almost certainly get to Waterloo just before 10am. See you then et vive la difference! Meli

After the horrendously dull train trip down, I had the fantastically exciting time of navigating the tubes at rush hour. Wee.

At anyrate, going by the route planners and my own strategy (the underground isn't transport, it's war) I "should" be one of the early ones there. And to answer your PM Kryszcztov, I'm staying at a friends for the weekend :)

The journey planner is not that accurate. For instance to get to work it says the earliest possible time would be around 10am when I travel at 8ish everyday.

I'm gonna be leaving, but rather than train arriving at Paddington, it's a bus at Marble Arch :p

The journey planner is not that accurate. For instance to get to work it says the earliest possible time would be around 10am when I travel at 8ish everyday.

I know, which is why I made the route myself, then checked it through journey planners. Since it works, I'm sticking to it :D

Today was a good day. Posting from the train home. Furiey is even cooler than I previously gave her credit for. Much respect to all that attended. Meli

I'm back, but the evening was rather spoiled by a horrific accidnet on the dual carriageway back, where a car next to the coach was ploughed through by a huge truck :(

An excellent time, Sophie is still here with me, Krys has just caught the train down to Waterloo to get back to France. Lots of pics to come, I'll do some resizing and post them all later, meanwhile here's a taster.

Left to right: Stapel, Meli, Brennan, Rik, Kan, noncon, Davo, Matrix, Dell, Krys.

I'm taking the picture, Eklektikos, Sophie, Mise and Lambert Simnel joined us at the pub.

An excellent time, Sophie is still here with me, Krys has just caught the train down to Waterloo to get back to France.

It was a very pleasant evening. Slightly marred, for me, by missing the last train home, and having to make my way to an office by Moorgate where I spent the night in a teleconference room. :crazyeye: Picked up the first train home this morning, and then spent the next 3 hours catching up on sleep.

On balance, Furiey, I think this validates the conclusion that it was better you having both Krys and Sophie, as offering them a bed and then only giving them a comfy chair in a meeting room would not have been terribly hospitable of me....

As far as I could tell the dutch made it on a direct train to where they wanted to go. And despite sharing the train with the entire portsmouth travelling supporters and the train being delayed by half an hour I made it back just after 1am. Best news of the night was the fact that Stapel didn't insult a random stranger like usual ;) see you all again next year Meli

I don't think anyone could call you inhospitable after plying everyone with drinks Lambert. Thanks :xmascheers: :cheers: :beer:

guys, you gotta let us know who-is-who on that nice Monty Python picture there

Top Bottom