What video games have you been playing III: You're gonna need a bigger boat.

How many hours have you guys sunk into your most played games? Here's my list (PC only):

Spoiler :
Crusader Kings 2
193 hrs

NBA 2K14
183 hrs

FIFA Soccer 13
148 hrs

Sid Meier's Civilization V
127 hrs

Mass Effect 2
81 hrs

Dragon Age: Inquisition
80 hrs

Mass Effect
79 hrs

Fallout: New Vegas
73 hrs

Mass Effect 3
71 hrs

Dragon Age: Origins
55 hrs

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
43 hrs

The Binding of Isaac
40 hrs

Far Cry 3
34 hrs

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
31 hrs

Dragon Age II
31 hrs

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
29 hrs

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
27 hrs

The Witcher 2
24 hrs

Fallout 3
23 hrs

Alpha Protocol
22 hrs

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
21 hrs

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
20 hrs

Saints Row: The Third
17.3 hrs

Game Dev Tycoon
16 hrs

Tochlight II
15.8 hrs

Sleeping Dogs
15.6 hrs

The Walking Dead
13.6 hrs

Endless Space
13 hrs

Mount & Blade: Warband
12.7 hrs

Batman: Arkham City
12.6 hrs

Batman: Arkham Origins
12.5 hrs

Dishonored
12.4 hrs

South Park: The Stick of Truth
12.2 hrs

Tomb Raider
11.2 hrs

Batman: Arkham Asylum
12.6 hrs

Portal 2
10.2 hrs

BioShock Infinite
9.5 hrs

Skyrim
9.2 hrs

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
8.7 hrs

Dark Souls
8.1 hrs

FTL: Faster Than Light
8 hrs

Bastion
7.5 hrs

Shadowrun Returns
6.9 hrs

The Witcher
6.6 hrs

Spec Ops: The Line
6.4 hrs

I doubt anyone's still reading at this point, but I'll go ahead and stop here anyways before the list gets even more ridiculous. Some other games would be on this list if I knew my playtime.

At first I felt bad that I've played more hours of my games, then I realized you play more games than me overall. Although, I think, thanks to CKII and TES I think overall I still got more playtime than you.

My list from steam and origin, all games with at least 10 hours:

Crusader Kings II - 452 hrs
Skyrim - 315
Oblivion - 214
Total War Shogun 2 - 197
Morrowind - 95
Mount and Blade Warband - 66
Civ 5 - 61
Fallout 3 - 39
Empire Total War - 27
Sims 3 - 25 (estimated)
SimCity (2013) - 14

The Sims 3 and Oblivion total playtime does not account for when I had the pirated versions of the game. With the former my estimate puts total playtime at around 100 hrs minimum, while for the latter my most conservative estimate is about 1200 hours, and my highest estimate is somewhere around the ballpark of 1800. This list also doesn't account for games I don't have on steam and played before I got on steam; of those I think only SimCity 4, Civ4, and maybe Pharaoh would have rather large numbers of hours played.

This also doesn't account for modding time, which would easily increase the hours for CKII at least fivefold.

mmm i probably averaged starcraft: brood war content for 45-60 minutes a day from 2002-2014

a lot of that would be custom games and not the "real" gameplay, and formally a lot of that is watching gameplay.

At first I felt bad that I've played more hours of my games, then I realized you play more games than me overall. Although, I think, thanks to CKII and TES I think overall I still got more playtime than you.

My list from steam and origin, all games with at least 10 hours:

Crusader Kings II - 452 hrs
Skyrim - 315
Oblivion - 214
Total War Shogun 2 - 197
Morrowind - 95
Mount and Blade Warband - 66
Civ 5 - 61
Fallout 3 - 39
Empire Total War - 27
Sims 3 - 25 (estimated)
SimCity (2013) - 14

The Sims 3 and Oblivion total playtime does not account for when I had the pirated versions of the game. With the former my estimate puts total playtime at around 100 hrs minimum, while for the latter my most conservative estimate is about 1200 hours, and my highest estimate is somewhere around the ballpark of 1800. This list also doesn't account for games I don't have on steam and played before I got on steam; of those I think only SimCity 4, Civ4, and maybe Pharaoh would have rather large numbers of hours played.

This also doesn't account for modding time, which would easily increase the hours for CKII at least fivefold.

I see a critical lack of New Vegas here.

The only game on steam I've played loads and loads is Civ V at 667 hours. The rest of the list will be a little bit of this and that, I suspect Killzone 2 and Battlefield 2142 will make up the rest of top 3. Though none of them will be anything near amount of time I've sunk into Civ5. I usually lack the patience to spend that much time on each game. 50 hours on a game is a lot for me.

Bah. I wish that installing NV mods was as simple as installing BTS mods. All you had to do is to plop it in the Mods folder. Now, updating them, now that was a whole new mess of it's own.

Bah. I wish that installing NV mods was as simple as installing BTS mods. All you had to do is to plop it in the Mods folder. Now, updating them, now that was a whole new mess of it's own.

Mod managers.

whatever happened to Negative Nancy?
I think she's a Scientologist now.

How many hours have you guys sunk into your most played games?
I don't even want to know. I could probably have another university degree for the time I've put into Civilizations IV & V. City of Heroes and World of Tanks have been major time-sinks over the years, too.

I see a critical lack of New Vegas here.

Steam lists 2 hours of NV for me, but I think the actual amount of hours played is around 5 for me as I played some NV offline. :goodjob:

Basically, I'm not particularly interested in the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout, and having already played Fallout 3, I had enough of that sort of environment. (Yes, yes, I know that NV is better than Fallout 3 in many ways, but I was just tired of the overall setting)

DRM renders all else almost worthless, my fellow video game addict.

I haven't had any DRM issues with Steam. The only 2 games that I've had to deal with DRM on were Far Cry 2 and Two Worlds and even then it only required an internet connection to 'register' the game. Don't need an internet connection to play at all.

Battle for Westnoth is strangely… addicting.

Currently I am playing Path of Exile. Free download game that is everything diablo III should have been. Atleast that's what I am told. Huge skill tree, a lot of gems, a lot of gear. If you decide to play, I recommend following an internet build.

Before that, I played:

Assassins creed whatever - the one with the boat. Fun, but tedious after a while. Didnt 100% it. Sick of floating around to find chests.

Tropico 5 - Fun game. Need to go back and play the sandbox. I played the campaign but havent beat it. Think I am at the last mission where it is complete X Y and Z before time runs out. HATE those.

Watchdogs - Online hacking was probably the most fun in a multiplayer game. Hint - identify the target, get on a bike, go up the elevated subway tracks. go down as far as you can, then start the hack. They have NO chance of finding you. Didnt 100% the game - stupid drinking games.

I jump on minecraft every once in a great while.

World of tanks - played like crazy but the arty mechanic pissed me off more and more until it reached the point I couldnt take it. That is the sole reason I quit that game.

Steam lists 2 hours of NV for me, but I think the actual amount of hours played is around 5 for me as I played some NV offline. :goodjob:
-Steam lists my tf2 and cs:source as minutes played. And i played the heck out of them when they were new. Does anyone know when they started tracking the hrs?

-i have about 1000hrs logged on dota 2. about 500hrs on BTS (thats not counting the hrs played on disc copy obviously) No other games come even close to those two. i do have poe on 450hrs and borderlands on 327hrs but BTS hrs are easily double that time if you count the disc hrs...

-Latest game ive played was This war of mine. Had to check it out after all the buzz and the game concept seemed pretty interesting. Bit overrated imo, people were really hyping up the moral choices and dilemmas you had to make in the game, but it seemed pretty cut and dry like any other games to me (typical do good get rewarded later, do bad get immediate boost and maybe pay later) but the gameplay is quite decent and worth playing if u like resource management type games.

I've been playing Need for Speed: Rivals. It's pretty good, but I could use an instruction manual. I can't even find one online.

The Broken Steel DLC actually turned out to be rather decent so far. Felt kinda sad when Liberty Prime died, though.

Playing some NCAA Football 13. I am attempting to turn UMass (the statistically worst team in the game) into a national champion.

I am also trying desperately to get Shattered Union to work on my Windows 8 laptop. It is literally the only game I cannot get to work no matter what I try.

Top Bottom