Which movies have you watched? 13 - In a world where...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Man was very realistic.

I would skip paying to see Glass in theaters. It's ok but does not compare well to Split.

And kimonos. To wear in the winter.

Interstellar is a fine movie right up to the point where he enters the black hole. Then it gets too far out there, even for a sci-fi movie.

in my opinion interstellar wasn't nearly enough out-there. the point where he got into the black hole made perfect sense, but even then they explained it, they even repeated the scenes from earlier in the goddamn movie so even the dimmest of all viewers could grasp the connection.

but even then they explained it, they even repeated the scenes from earlier in the goddamn movie so even the dimmest of all viewers could grasp the connection.
As already explained by others, this was my issue with the movie.

The Pyramid (2014)
Squarely among those "so awful it's brilliant" movies. The dialogue had me in stitches several times.

A character previously left behind, leg pinned under a huge boulder, is heard screaming in distance. It then appears he has been dragged away, leaving a huge trail of gore behind. The blonde: "Where did he go?"
:goodjob:

I thought Greeks had invented comedy?
First Servant: But perhaps some spectator, some beardless youth, who thinks himself a sage, will say, "What is this? What does the beetle mean?" And then an Ionian, sitting next to him, will add, "I think 'tis an allusion to Kleon, who so shamelessly feeds on filth all by himself."

I watched "Roma" last night. It was a wonderful story about Mexico in 1971. Its awards are well deserved.

I just picked up Bladerunner 2049 on sale. I think I'll give both movies a re-watch this weekend.

(Yes, I have no life. :p )

First Servant: But perhaps some spectator, some beardless youth, who thinks himself a sage, will say, "What is this? What does the beetle mean?" And then an Ionian, sitting next to him, will add, "I think 'tis an allusion to Kleon, who so shamelessly feeds on filth all by himself."
Hehehehe, Aristophanes for the win! You did lead me on a wild goose chase because I didn't want to use a FWSE and I thought it was Sosias and Xanthias anyway, but I got the right play in the end.

So you've earned yourself one of the somewhat rare Takhisis likes. :thumbsup:

:rotfl:
Better that aristophanes' more nsfw definition of "a gentleman".

I had only watched one movie this year up until yesterday, and it was pretty bad (Fist Fight).

I ended up in bed earlier than usual yesterday so I decided I'd watch a movie. I vaguely recalled seeing "Fantastic Beasts" on Netflix while scrolling through a while ago so I was all, "Hey, I'll watch Crimes of Grindewald!"

Then I realized that only, well, Fantastic Beasts is on Netflix. Crimes isn't. So instead I decided I'd watch Bring It On. I'd never actually seen this movie despite getting the references and such. I knew what it was, but I just never bothered actually seeing it. I changed that last night. Pretty decent. 7.5/10, maybe. I enjoy dance/performance movies and this was a good one. I learned afterwards that there are a half dozen Bring It On movies. I suppose I'll watch them over the coming months, although I have doubts that's a good idea (they seem to be like other sequels to performance movies from the early 2000s, which is to say, not good).

I saw "Nocturnal Animals" and while it was captivating, had a nice narrative structure and was visually gorgeous, I didn't think it was too great. still definitely worth a watch.

Just saw Alita: Battle Angel. Pretty good movie, and it really leaned into some of the anime/manga tropes/styling really heavily. Though the initial reaction I had to the trailer was "oh my god the eyes", it wasn't that bad during the movie itself. The fight scenes were very well choreographed, with everything clearly established with follow-through - no shaky cam here!
If you like anime and sci-fi action movies, you'll like this.

I finished reading Ready Player One so I decided I'd watch the movie.

Did Spielberg even read the book before directing this? What a horrifying mess. Terrible.

Polar. This is a made for Netflix movie. Not bad. Entertaining in a way. 3/5. Very violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom