Winter 2006 Unit makers challenge: jury thread

Which unit should have the title "Unit of the Month, February 2006"?

• Hikaro Takayama - Chocobo Knight

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • utahjazz7 - Medieval-type Archer

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Sword Of Geddon - Gurka

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • LizardmenRule - Stormvermin guard

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Flamand - Cylon centurion

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Supa - Mothra

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • R8XFT - Iceni Battleaxe

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm actually surprised that I'm running second right now, considering who all I'm up against, and the fact that the Chocobo Knight is my first mounted unit of any kind.

I'm not surprised UtahJazz7's Archer is in first.... After all, he's been in the unit making game longer than anyone else who entered.

R8XFT said:
I'm glad to see people are voting....and although I'm a bit behind in the race, I'm actually thrilled to bits that I've received the odd vote. There are some really good units up for the vote and this is possibly a better gauge of what people actually like than the request threads.

Perhaps we should do a challenge for leaderheads too :mischief: !!

I'm very happy with my one vote as well, much better than a humiliating 0 (thanks Storm Grunt!).
A leaderhead challenge and Varwnos proposed a city callenge... Well go ahead, I don't claim any copyrights... ;)

I went with the Chocobo, I voted before I read your post Hikaro, being your first mounted unit I think I favor it even more, it's very well done.

Don't worry, I made sure this didn't effect my vote, but Chocobo's rule...

I'll definately be in the next competition, this is a good idea.

Thanks R8XFT for the bump... :)

@everybody: What do you think, should I start a leaderhead challenge? Would there be enough participants?

I didn't know that we stop when we get 40 voters! But what happens if when there are 40 votes, before anyone has time to see, a new guy who didn't know that (like me) votes also? How will we know which of them is the extra vote?

Stormrage said:
A LH competition? Whats the point? I mean, we`ve all seen Grandraem`s Grimgor.. :mischief:

:lol: That's not a fair comment. You're biased.:lol:

As for voting, I thought it was a tie, but I voted for the Choco Knight because I love Final Fantasy.:D

Not meaning to thread jack too much:mischief: , but that's one thing I was wondering anyways about a leaderhead challenge, whether there would even be enough leaderheads created. I'm not even sure CivArmy is still around for CivIII, and there are much fewer leaderheads produced than units. But it would possibly be good for encouraging more leaderhead production.:whipped:

I voted for the Archer...I know Im late, but after seeing the fortify, and having heard about the difficulty of archer movements, its an excellent unit...

My second vote would go to R8XFT's Iceni girl tho...I like it I like it...

R8XFT said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see leaderheads from Shiro, Sword_of_Geddon, Hikaro, jorde and myself - there's five already. If you're doing one, Varlin Saliptor and utahjazz7 are doing theirs - that makes eight.
You convinced me. April will see the first LH challenge... :D

Top Bottom