2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200223_142620.jpg

If "we need independents and republicans to help defeat Trump" were true, why would attacking the Democratic Party establishment matter to them? It might even be a net positive to winning their support.

View attachment 546941

If "we need independents and republicans to help defeat Trump" were true, why would attacking the Democratic Party establishment matter to them? It might even be a net positive to winning their support.

Maybe Bloom will run as an independent if Bernie gets the nomination. At least he will take some Trump voters with him, helping Bern to an easier win ^_^

Bloomberg certainly has more to lose than almost anyone, with a Bernie win. Those half a billion dollars he spent on his pitiful campaign won't begin to cover the loss.

Does anyone actually like Bloomberg? :dubious: I mean sit down, have a lemonade, and a friendly chat like him?

There is no one in the field I would put in that category, or anywhere even within sight of that category.

Apparently so...since by the numbers there was no "vote bleed to the Bern." Just a splitting up of the same 53% that voted against him last time. As I've been saying, he has the progressive wing of the party rock solid...again. But there is no indication he is growing his support. The rest of the Democrats (which is the majority of Democrats) will vote for him in November if he's the nominee, but as pointed out somewhere they would also vote for Rah's cat if it were nominated so that isn't really a ringing stamp of approval.

To be fair Rahs cat has charisma and is a better candidate than half the field.
Rahs cat 2024!!!!

Does anyone actually like Bloomberg? :dubious: I mean sit down, have a lemonade, and a friendly chat like him?

Probably not. Millions of dollars paid to get pwned by Warren God bless her. And Ima not religious.

Only half? Are you underestimating the cat, or overestimating the field?

Both. I am half cat. I would put Dex (my avatar) against Rah cat. He wins humans and goes for the shoulder pat's.

The bureaucracy runs the country, cat would be better than Trump.

There is no one in the field I would put in that category, or anywhere even within sight of that category.
Says the guy who supported HRC :)
I wouldnt mind my company to exchange the motivational posters with 3D print Pete though. No difference at all

I was talking to a friend who works for a state level Democrat and the state congresscritter they work for is absolutely convinced a Sanders candidacy will result in a bloodbath for Democrats in November. Seems like the institutional Democratic Party is doubling down on their opposition to Sanders.

I was also talking to my mom about politics and I noticed something interesting. Even though she supports Sanders on almost every economic issue, she is planning on voting Warren/ The Klob on Super Tuesday, because she is afraid that Sanders is too far left for the electorate. I have to wonder about how many Democratic voters have internalized the concept that they have to support a centrist Democrat to win and how hard it would be for Sanders to undo that internalization.

I was also talking to my mom about politics and I noticed something interesting. Even though she supports Sanders on almost every economic issue, she is planning on voting Warren/ The Klob on Super Tuesday, because she is afraid that Sanders is too far left for the electorate. I have to wonder about how many Democratic voters have internalized the concept that they have to support a centrist Democrat to win and how hard it would be for Sanders to undo that internalization.
And CFC still does not have a proper facepalm/d'oh smiley.
:wallbash:

I was talking to a friend who works for a state level Democrat and the state congresscritter they work for is absolutely convinced a Sanders candidacy will result in a bloodbath for Democrats in November. Seems like the institutional Democratic Party is doubling down on their opposition to Sanders.

Democrats never recovered from Reagan. Its like an abuse victim, they can't see how easy it can be to walk away and that there are people around them ready to help.

Says the guy who supported HRC :)
I wouldnt mind my company to exchange the motivational posters with 3D print Pete though. No difference at all

Y'know, I turned down that job with the Republican's campaign, because I thought that if I took it it would make it really hard for me to work the general since people I worked with now would be on the other side in September/October.

But, congratulations. You are enough. I'm still not taking this job, but YOU...and a couple more specimens I've encountered lately...have convinced me not to work for the Democrats any more either. If their candidates can only win by pandering to people like you they just aren't worth it.

We don't need another centrist candidate that will kick the can down the road; we need real change and it's no longer enough just to be democrat; anyone but sanders will depress the turnout.

We don't need another centrist candidate that will kick the can down the road; we need real change and it's no longer enough just to be democrat; anyone but sanders will depress the turnout.

Maybe so. And maybe if he gets elected he can't work with either side of congress and we're doomed to four more years of the can rolling down the road anyway. Or maybe it all goes great. We can hope.

If he is the largest candidate and continues doing well he should be the candidate.
If he crashes and burns though you're not going to get a progress president anytime soon.

How confident are you Sanders can win in the mid west?

Sanders appeals to the common man, not the establishment. He has always shown true empathy to people, that's why he wins the Mid West. HRC didn't gave a damn about people and lost to Trump exactly there.
Don't you all find it funny how Bernie has strong support from young people and the youngest in the field can only score with old folks.

There seems to be two schools of thought in the party on the prospect of a Sanders nomination. One is that he’s the only candidate with strong support among lower and middle-income groups and young people. The other is that beig on the Democrat’s left-wing is a liability that could negatively affect downballot races and possibly even flip the House back to GOP control.

I’m more sympathetic to the latter, but it looks increasingly like he may be the nominee so we may all get to see how this plays out.

Sanders appeals to the common man, not the establishment

That on the one side the conservative establisment holding power positions and on the other side the common man trying to get a bigger piece of the cake is imo a thing of the past.

With the cultural revolution in the West between the 60ies and 80ies a new establishment emerged from the new urban well educated kids.

The "common" people are no part of either of those two.
Though both establishments say they have their interests at heart. The one with making sure their own wallets come first, the other having an educated culture that does not match with the "common" people.

We have by now matured all three main groups. Three !

And the kind of homeless "common" people feel imo culturally more alligned to the traditional conservatives. Muych more than to intellectuals.
And who do you believe ?
What language do you believe ?
And in uncertainty... where do you go ?
To some theory of people who have other lifestyles, other dreams, other hobbies, other topics to care and discuss about ???
Or to the status quo dream that everything is gonna be allright if we all work hard ???

And this is part of the effect:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom