Chain Link Fence Borders

Pounder

Phaethon was here
New Aug 9, 2008 Two new versions of chain link fences downloads and previews on posts #51 and #52

New Sept 4, 2005 Corroded Sheet Metal (tin) Fence download and preview on post #21
New Sept 11, 2005 Corroded Sheet Metal Fence with new york graffiti download and preview on post #31

Original Post August 21, 2005 Download Chain Link Fence below the preview on Post #1.
This preview shows various terrains including water, which is always a challenge to be acceptable.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Goes in the art/terrain folder, don't forget to backup your original file.

Attachments

• Territory.pcx
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,158
Supa said:
I like it ! :)

I've never messed with the borders graphics. Is there a way to make the sea frontiers different from the "flat-land" borders ?

You'll just have to imagine that they're giant fishing nets or something...

Very nicely done, the only issue i see is that when two borders meet you can only really discern one color...

Hunter Noventa said:
You'll just have to imagine that they're giant fishing nets or something...

Very nicely done, the only issue i see is that when two borders meet you can only really discern one color...

I tested them before I posted them and you can see both Civ colours when two Civ's borders meet. The colours are a little washed out because the preview is a jpeg.

What you may not have noticed is that when two Civ's borders meet there is only one fence (mountains excepted).

I have been using less Civ colour in the last couple of borders I have made, this is intentional.

If you like, I could make variations, in the one posted above I have added towers in the hills. I could add more Civ colour by adding things like flags, or some other item that could have the Civ colours.

of course the problem is chooseing whioch border to use !!!!!

Just because sometimes I am ghoulish and sadistic, is this fence electrified? :D

Pounder said:
I'll give it a try, remember the colours are limited.

Not really sure what you are looking for, are you looking for a solid version of the fence. This preview is a concept, I would like some direction if you could.

Where do you want the Civ colour? I have shown some grafitti, it could be Civ colour. The fence posts are civ colour.

I think those are great. However could you please darken them just a tad? :)

Pounder, MC just showed me this thread, and I love the tin walls. The graffitti and fence posts as civ color is fine. The reason the tin should be darked just a bit is that I think a weatherworn look would be great. :goodjob:

Thank you very much sir for doing these tin walls.

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Thorgrimm said:
Pounder, MC just showed me this thread, and I love the tin walls. The graffitti and fence posts as civ color is fine. The reason the tin should be darked just a bit is that I think a weatherworn look would be great. :goodjob:

Thank you very much sir for doing these tin walls.

Here is a sample of the tin walls, the colours that are there is about the limit of whats available. This preview is has multiple shades (like there are panels of metal) unlike the one solid colour in the previous post. I don't know if it looks better or not. If you don't like the panelled look, maybe you could pick a colour and I could make them one solid colour.

Here is one where I added a sample of what some grafetti would look like, I could put words like in this preview or not. Maybe add some bullet holes.

Pounder, the paneled look is what I would need, the graffitti and bullet holes would be an outstanding addition, but maybe just leave the graffitti as black and just the posts as civ color? If you would not mind. :D

Thorgrimm said:
Pounder, the paneled look is what I would need, the graffitti and bullet holes would be an outstanding addition, but maybe just leave the graffitti as black and just the posts as civ color? If you would not mind. :D

I just had a bit of a brain storm, I have managed to get a weathered/oxidized type of look. I haven't done it all yet just one tile, you may not want grafetti on these, I think it would cover up the look.

Top Bottom