[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big one is espionage. People are in prison already for a lot less than what's undisputed in her case.

I'm not actually sure this is true. The demographic where she is getting killed the most right now is with young voters and those who identify as Progressives. She'll still win that group, but if their turnout lags (say, dips significantly behind 2008 levels), she could lose a few midwestern states. Adding somebody like a Cory Booker may help cover her left flank and get some enthusiasm again.

On the other hand, maybe it doesn't matter that much. Unless Clinton gets indicted, I don't think there is any data-driven reason to think she won't kill Donald Trump. Trump hasn't been able to expand his support much beyond his initial coalition, and his unfavorables are the highest in modern US history (yes, MUCH higher than Clinton's). Polling also suggests he's alienated so Republican groups so badly that he might lose some rock solid red states, like Utah.

There is no way in Hell he'd take Cruz. The only person who ran for President who could be a Trump VP, IMO, is Huckabee. I bet he'd ask Rick Scott to do it.

Good points. But yeah I think Clinton could choose a baboon from the zoo as VP and still beat Trump.

Tax evasion or money laundering? Well, I suppose that if you've exhausted all the vaguely legitimate options, you might as well go on to the fantastical ones.

Catch up Arakhor. They've been into the fantastical for a loooooong time.

OT is generally my only exposure to US politics, which is the way I much prefer it. :)

An actual baboon for VP would be refreshing. ;) It might be a plus for either party.

If Trump were elected he couldn't afford to have a baboon as VP. He'd be assassinated to get the upgrade.

At this point for me it's all political theater. I'm almost certainly voting 3rd party in a state where my vote doesn't matter because it will definitely go blue in November. I'm just looking forward to the debates so I can watch Trump tear Hillary a new one. After I get my entertainment out of that it matters very little to me what happens from there since the president doesn't have that much power anyway.

While I loathe hillary as a person she's basically going to be status quo, and that's appealing in a way. The economy seems to be rebounding just fine, foreign policy not so much but Trump would be worse. Trump feels like a shockingly great president or an astoundingly bad one with no in between while hillary will probably just be mediocre. She's the safer pick.

She's just going to be Obama 2.0 really, which isn't that bad. Might even work better with congress since she's isn't black.

If she were Clinton II it would not be that bad. Bill was a much better President than Barack. Unfortunately, Hillary has Bill's weaknesses but not his strengths.

J

Maybe I'm biased against Hilary, but only because she looks f'n insane in every single new photo I see of her, like she's just freakin' out of her mind or something.

But does she sound as insane as Trump?

You have your choice of someone who perhaps looks insane with someone who is clearly insane.

Maybe I'm biased against Hilary, but only because she looks f'n insane in every single new photo I see of her, like she's just freakin' out of her mind or something.

Couldn't agree more. However we know the other one is out of his mind so...

I hope they put a child proof cap on the nuclear button for a while either way.

You are not wrong.

But does she sound as insane as Trump?

You have your choice of someone who perhaps looks insane with someone who is clearly insane.
Couldn't agree more. However we know the other one is out of his mind so...
False comparison. Trump is playing crazy on TV and he has lucid moments. How much is show and how much is go?

J

If she were Clinton II it would not be that bad. Bill was a much better President than Barack. Unfortunately, Hillary has Bill's weaknesses but not his strengths.

J

have to disagree, Clinton was a disaster... We're in this mess because he kept the army in Saudi Arabia and made us a target eventually leading to 9/11

the Bush/Clinton crowd gave us this war on terror with their bungling...Obama got stuck with their creation

have to disagree, Clinton was a disaster... We're in this mess because he kept the army in Saudi Arabia and made us a target eventually leading to 9/11

the Bush/Clinton crowd gave us this war on terror with their bungling...Obama got stuck with their creation

Why just go back to Clinton? US military lurking in the Middle East and making us a target is a grand tradition that goes back to Reagan, at least, if not further.

Why just go back to Clinton? US military lurking in the Middle East and making us a target is a grand tradition that goes back to Reagan, at least, if not further.

No, Berzerker's speaking of the policy of George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush to keep their infidel troops, after the 1st Iraq War, in the most holy kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Oops, he forgot to mention that Clinton's policy was also the policy of the two Presidents Bush. :blush:

He also forgot to mention that, when Clinton left office, one of his last acts was to try to warn W. about the dangers of bin Ladin. Bush ignored him, deciding instead to build a Star Wars missile-defense screen. Anti-Terror Czar Richard Clarke also tried to warn Bush about bin Ladin, but Bush's reaction was to transfer Clarke to another job. Bush ignored the intel saying "bin Ladin was determined to strike within the U.S."

So of course, bin Ladin's attack is all the fault of Clinton...I guess because he has a "(D)" after his name.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom