Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you knew who source #1 was but forgot? I did read the first 15-16 pages but the person was described indirectly as an employee of an opponent of Trump.
Contrary to what you may think of me, I do not have a perfect memory of legal documents I read a while ago. I could go through it all again, but frankly, my experience with you and jay has been that if I do go through it line by line, you will either respond with something irrelevant or never bother responding but a week or two later you will keep posting the same stuff.
At least Old_Hippy has a basic knowledge of the Wright Affair and (I think) 'Clockwork Orange'.

or never bother responding
No, they'll claim they will answer it in the appropriate thread, which is always another one.

So you knew who source #1 was but forgot? I did read the first 15-16 pages but the person was described indirectly as an employee of an opponent of Trump.

Then the power went out and I haven't gotten back to the app
From page 23: the pdf won't let me copy/paste :( It says that source 1 (likely Steele) was hired by a business associate of the law firm that was connected to HRC campaign. According to the FBI, the dossier was given to the associate and to the FBI and the associate passed it to the law firm which hired him in the first place. They also concluded that Steele did not pass the info to the press.

Its funny because the FBI caught a foreign agent inside the Trump administration and another inside the NRA.
As for Carter page I suspect that this is the norm for FISA warrants. I believe it was Nunes that put on a political show over Fisa warrant process and then just voted to renew FISA law without making any changes or safeguards.

Last edited:
Its funny because the FBI caught a foreign agent inside the Trump administration and another inside the NRA
:agree:

And Mueller has no proof of anything even if people have plead guilty rather than contest his charges.

War is Peace
Get Fox to issue the two minutes of soma.

You have two wrong statements in your post.
Flesh this out please, because the dossier was at least in part fabricated. The author does not even try to deny it. As to the other, be serious. It may not be the whole application but it occupies a central place.

On the side, the application states that the FBI believed Page was a spy. Yet the Mueller report spent more time claiming a joke on national TV was obstruction than in detailing the evidence supporting the belief. Fishy.

From 1 minute on google:
If you haven’t done anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the ranking member on the House Oversight Committee
Point. Got one that involves a Republican on the other side of an inquiry?

And Mueller has no proof of anything even if people have plead guilty rather than contest his charges.
That actually true. You know that, right?

J

The Steele Dossier was a fraud too and somehow it became the basis for spying on Carter Page

Flesh this out please, because the dossier was at least in part fabricated. The author does not even try to deny it. As to the other, be serious. It may not be the whole application but it occupies a central place.
J
It's your typical distortion of the truth. The Steele dossier was not, is not, a fraud. Much was shown to be accurate, some is still TBD and a few points were not accurate or wrong. The document is not a fraud. The dossier was not the fundamental or sole basis for investigating Carter Page like Berzerker said. The FBI was on to CP previous to the dossier and certainly had much more stuff that was used to support the FISA warrant. By Berzerker's logic one wrong item/ inaccurate part or lie condemns the entire document. If we extend that same logic to our sissy president, a single lie should make all his statement lies.

For the purposes of this post I will ignore the fact that almost everything trumps says is a lie. IIRC just the other day he said that he didn't do cover ups. And yet poor Michael Cohen paid the price for sissy man's cover up of his illicit sexcapades.

Last edited:
It's your typical distortion of the truth. The Steele dossier was not, is not, a fraud. Much was shown to be accurate, some is still TBD and a few points were not accurate or wrong. The document is not a fraud. The dossier was not the fundamental or sole basis for investigating Carter Page like Berzerker said. The FBI was on to CP previous to the dossier and certainly had much more stuff that was used to support the FISA warrant. By Berzerker's logic one wrong item/ inaccurate part or lie condemns the entire document. If we extend that same logic to our sissy president, a single lie should make all his statement lies.

For the purposes of this post I will ignore the fact that almost everything trumps says is a lie. IIRC just the other day he said that he didn't do cover ups. And yet poor Michael Cohen paid the price for sissy man's cover up of his illicit sexcapades.
The dossier is what it was funded to be, an attack piece on Trump.

The uses of the dossier as reliable intel and Steele as a reliable source is the fraud. Both of these occur in the FISA application. Also, exculpatory evidence is missing, which was a problem with Andrew Weissmann in the Enron investigation.

J

The uses of the dossier as reliable intel and Steele as a reliable source is the fraud. Both of these occur in the FISA application. Also, exculpatory evidence is missing, which was a problem with Andrew Weissmann in the Enron investigation.

J

No it wasn't. The dossier in itself was nothing but gathered information. What other people may do with it is completely independent of the information it actually contains.

There is no fraud in any of this, no matter how often you lie about that. Steele did a proper analysis and the usual work of judging the reliability of each claim. Neither did he treat any infromation as gospel, nor did he claim that his own work was. Nor did the FBI or anyone else take it at face value without checking themselves. You are once again doing nothing but distorting reality to suit your own purpose. It's rather disgusting to what lengths you will go to badmouth investigators and defend criminals.

So why didnt the FBI just leak it to the press then ?
FBI had no issues leaking that Hillary was under investigation why didnt the leak Trump was also under investigation ?

Last edited:
Here's a link to the Carter Page FISA application. You can see for yourself on what bases the FBI applied for a warrant, what justification they had apart from the dossier for believing he was a foreign agent.

Thx, I tracked it down.

Contrary to what you may think of me, I do not have a perfect memory of legal documents I read a while ago. I could go through it all again, but frankly, my experience with you and jay has been that if I do go through it line by line, you will either respond with something irrelevant or never bother responding but a week or two later you will keep posting the same stuff.

At least Old_Hippy has a basic knowledge of the Wright Affair and (I think) 'Clockwork Orange'.

My memory isn't perfect either, when have I left you hanging? I asked a simple question to confirm you had read it and you responded with insults while complaining about irrelevant responses. Who is source #2?

From page 23: the pdf won't let me copy/paste :( It says that source 1 (likely Steele) was hired by a business associate of the law firm that was connected to HRC campaign. According to the FBI, the dossier was given to the associate and to the FBI and the associate passed it to the law firm which hired him in the first place. They also concluded that Steele did not pass the info to the press.

That wasn't so long, most of it is redacted and the conclusion appears on p32-33. I dont see any other sources, just source #1 and some published material about Page's trips to Russia. The accusations came from Steele, not the articles mentioning Page's itinerary.

It's your typical distortion of the truth. The Steele dossier was not, is not, a fraud.

The dossier was not the fundamental or sole basis for investigating Carter Page like Berzerker said.

Are you saying the dossier is true, or just that it wasn't a fraud? Here's my evidence for the latter, Steele supposedly got the goods on Page from Russian contacts. Steele leaked the dossier thereby endangering his contacts. Or.... He didn't jeopardize any contacts because he made up the accusations. How many sources did the application identify as sources and how many sources did the FBI endorse? I see source #1...

The FBI was on to CP previous to the dossier and certainly had much more stuff that was used to support the FISA warrant.

Like what? Steele made a series of accusations probably using publicly available information to show Page was in Russia at such and such time, but the accusations came from Steele, not the published material. The app said the FBI was given the information on Page by the State Dept around Oct '16 which is about when the dossier was making the rounds. Why didn't they have the 'goods' on Page before that? What changed? The dossier arrived. You're complaining about typical distortions of truth and defending the dossier in the same breath?

So why didnt the FBI just leak it to the press then ? FBI had no issues leaking that Hillary was under investigation why didnt the leak Trump was also under investigation ?

The IG made a public request for the FBI to look into accusations wrt Clinton. The FBI cleared her publicly and then announced they were reopening the case after more emails were found on Anthony Weiner's laptop. The FBI had to announce that or they would have been guilty of hiding the fact they just reopened an already public case before an election without telling us. It was a no win situation.

No, they'll claim they will answer it in the appropriate thread, which is always another one.

Do you think this is the proper thread for debating the dossier? I'd like to move the discussion to the post Mueller report or the Barr investigation of the investigators, but here we are. When have I dodged your arguments?

My memory isn't perfect either, when have I left you hanging? I asked a simple question to confirm you had read it and you responded with insults while complaining about irrelevant responses. Who is source #2?
Read the FISA application yourself. You have the link and since you were clearly unhappy with my response I don't see the issue. I've spent too much time going through various government documents demonstrating the false or so misleading as to be false statements some people on this forum have made about the Mueller report and the related investigations only to see the other person carry on in a week or two like nothing I posted mattered. Forgive me if I'm a little jaded about the whole thing.
(Also, you asked me initially about Source #1, not Source #2.)

Read the FISA application yourself. You have the link and since you were clearly unhappy with my response I don't see the issue. I've spent too much time going through various government documents demonstrating the false or so misleading as to be false statements some people on this forum have made about the Mueller report and the related investigations only to see the other person carry on in a week or two like nothing I posted mattered. Forgive me if I'm a little jaded about the whole thing.
(Also, you asked me initially about Source #1, not Source #2.)

yea this is what J, Oldhippy, berserker, and meinteam all have in common. They all argue a point and then ignore counterpoints to argue the same point in another thread or just later in the same thread as if the counterpoints were not made. I feel your pain.

So why didnt the FBI just leak it to the press then ?
FBI had no issues leaking that Hillary was under investigation why didnt the leak Trump was also under investigation ?
Because that narrative doesn't fit with they lies they are creating now. Comey is the guy most likely to have given the election to Trump with his reopening of his investigation in Hillary at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom