Clown Car V: 2020 version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...michelle-obama-s-school-lunch-nutrition-rules

The Trump administration announced a rollback of Michelle Obama’s signature initiative for healthy school lunches on Friday, coinciding with the former first lady’s birthday.

The maturity of the administration continues!

Also this is really really stupid. Whats the old adage? If you're not hungry enough to eat your veggies then you're not hungry enough to eat cookies.

Naturally. An Obama did it, so Trump must roll it back. If Jesus had been the previous president, Trump would be telling people that Satan was a very fine guy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dev...rnas-text-messages-show-communications-2020-1

House Democrats released a tranche of previously undisclosed text messages on Friday night between Lev Parnas, an associate of President Trump's personal attorney, and an aide to the top-ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee.

The records show that Parnas, who Rudy Giuliani used to communicate with Ukrainian officials, texted with Rep. Devin Nunes' aide, Derek Harvey, extensively throughout 2019. And the messages provide key new evidence that Nunes' team was aware of and involved in Trump's efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden.

To be clear this slow motion car wreck that is Devin Nunes continues to be one of the best Nascar level car wrecks ever witnessed by mankind. Trump and him should get together, the stupid just goes together so well.

Fox NewsSean Hannity delivered a self-unaware moment on Friday when he ranted on his radio show about lying “paying pretty well.”

The “Hannity” host ― in one of his regular diatribes against critics of Donald Trump ― accused the president’s high-profile detractors of “just advancing a political agenda” with their appearances on rival cable news networks.

Last chance to become a HuffPost founding member!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter
Yes, I want to support HuffPost
Said Hannity:

You know, the laundry list of people that now are experts, Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, all these people, and now they’re getting paid gigs on the same networks that got it wrong. It’s unbelievable. Great gig, I guess, if you can get it. Lying, propagandizing, I guess, pays for people. It pays pretty well. So what’s that? These are con artists now, you know they’re just liars, they’re just advancing a political agenda.

Hannity, who reportedly talks with Trump on the phone multiple times every day, forgot to mention his own frequent regurgitation of the president’s (often baseless) talking points on his widely watched primetime show.

He joined Trump onstage at a rally ahead of the 2018 midterm elections and attacked members of the media covering the event as “fake news.” Last year, he promised to join Trump on the 2020 campaign trail, telling the president’s supporters they would “be sick of seeing me.” And only last week, Hannity threatened Republican senators if they allowed witnesses to be called during Trump’s Senate impeachment trial.

Check out the audio, courtesy of Media Matters, here:

Fox NewsSean Hannity delivered a self-unaware moment on Friday when he ranted on his radio show about lying “paying pretty well.”

The “Hannity” host ― in one of his regular diatribes against critics of Donald Trump ― accused the president’s high-profile detractors of “just advancing a political agenda” with their appearances on rival cable news networks.

Last chance to become a HuffPost founding member!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter
Yes, I want to support HuffPost
Said Hannity:

You know, the laundry list of people that now are experts, Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, all these people, and now they’re getting paid gigs on the same networks that got it wrong. It’s unbelievable. Great gig, I guess, if you can get it. Lying, propagandizing, I guess, pays for people. It pays pretty well. So what’s that? These are con artists now, you know they’re just liars, they’re just advancing a political agenda.

Hannity, who reportedly talks with Trump on the phone multiple times every day, forgot to mention his own frequent regurgitation of the president’s (often baseless) talking points on his widely watched primetime show.

He joined Trump onstage at a rally ahead of the 2018 midterm elections and attacked members of the media covering the event as “fake news.” Last year, he promised to join Trump on the 2020 campaign trail, telling the president’s supporters they would “be sick of seeing me.” And only last week, Hannity threatened Republican senators if they allowed witnesses to be called during Trump’s Senate impeachment trial.

Check out the audio, courtesy of Media Matters, here:

Conservatives deserve a better form of news media. I mean honestly it is so bad. We all deserve better, but conservatives are just . . .smh

Does Fox still have "Fair and balanced" as a motto? I haven't watched it in a long time. I go to the website and look at some of the comments, there's people that want Fox to fire conservatives for not supporting Trump on this or that. Like Judge Napolitano, for example. I mean, internet commenters can be the worst kind of whackjobs, but...

Does Fox still have "Fair and balanced" as a motto?
I think so. I am not going to get up from this chair and check the TV two rooms away, though.

LMAO
Trump not knowing how to close an umbrella never gets old

Does Fox still have "Fair and balanced" as a motto? I haven't watched it in a long time. I go to the website and look at some of the comments, there's people that want Fox to fire conservatives for not supporting Trump on this or that. Like Judge Napolitano, for example. I mean, internet commenters can be the worst kind of whackjobs, but...
Nah, they dropped it a few years back.

Now I'm going to say something absurdly controversial. They ARE more fair and balanced than MSNBC and CNN. Those two outlets are hyper aligned with establishment corporate Democrats and both quash antiwar voices and progressives even more than Fox.

Fox will allow Tucker to be antiwar and Chris Wallace, Shep Smith and Judge Napolitano all have been allowed to criticize Trump and keep their spots (although Shep did bail. Hope to see him somewhere else down the road). Fox frequently has Glenn Greenwald and other progressive journalists as guests. MSNBC on the other hand fired Phil Donahue while he had their top rated show because he was antiwar. Cenk Uygur was let go from MSNBC because he refused to stop criticizing Obama. CNN has by far and away hosted the worst of the dem debates. Theres a reason why chants of CNN sucks aren't just at Trump rallies, they can be heard at Bernie rallies too.

Its frustrating to point this out. It really is. Fox sucks. They suck hard. Some of their shows are straight up GOP propaganda. Somehow they allow a larger variety of voices than the other two networks. That's depressing.

Nah, they dropped it a few years back.

Now I'm going to say something absurdly controversial. They ARE more fair and balanced than MSNBC and CNN. Those two outlets are hyper aligned with establishment corporate Democrats and both quash antiwar voices and progressives even more than Fox.

Fox will allow Tucker to be antiwar and Chris Wallace, Shep Smith and Judge Napolitano all have been allowed to criticize Trump and keep their spots (although Shep did bail. Hope to see him somewhere else down the road). Fox frequently has Glenn Greenwald and other progressive journalists as guests. MSNBC on the other hand fired Phil Donahue while he had their top rated show because he was antiwar. Cenk Uygur was let go from MSNBC because he refused to stop criticizing Obama. CNN has by far and away hosted the worst of the dem debates. Theres a reason why chants of CNN sucks aren't just at Trump rallies, they can be heard at Bernie rallies too.

Its frustrating to point this out. It really is. Fox sucks. They suck hard. Some of their shows are straight up GOP propaganda. Somehow they allow a larger variety of voices than the other two networks. That's depressing.
Yep

Meh. CNN and MSNBC are both garbage but Fox is a whole nother level.

One thing I think is interesting is that the right seems to be jumping a bit on the "Democrats treating Bernie Sanders unfairly" train. They're doing this for quite cynical reasons of course, but I wonder whether it might not be a sort of sign - there are rumors that Clinton's campaign back in 2016 surreptitiously boosted Trump because they figured he'd be easy to beat in a general election - if the Republicans boost Sanders and he goes on to win it will be the best kind of deja vu.

One thing the GOP does right is put their people out there on all platforms with a unified message. They make regular appearances on MSNBC, CNN or anywhere else that the Democrats often don't.

Meh. CNN and MSNBC are both garbage but Fox is a whole nother level.

One thing I think is interesting is that the right seems to be jumping a bit on the "Democrats treating Bernie Sanders unfairly" train. They're doing this for quite cynical reasons of course, but I wonder whether it might not be a sort of sign - there are rumors that Clinton's campaign back in 2016 surreptitiously boosted Trump because they figured he'd be easy to beat in a general election - if the Republicans boost Sanders and he goes on to win it will be the best kind of deja vu.
oh I agree that its cynical but its amazing how tolerant Fox is of voices that dissent from Trump V MSNBC and CNNs tolerance of people that dissent from establishment Democrat politicians.

I guess I'd have to watch more MSNBC and CNN to know if I agree with that. Yeah, CNN's debates were trash and yeah, they run misleading headlines regularly. But Fox does that just as much.

oh I agree that its cynical but its amazing how tolerant Fox is of voices that dissent from Trump V MSNBC and CNNs tolerance of people that dissent from establishment Democrat politicians.

I don't watch any of these networks so I can't argue the point but I just don't think this is really true.

The takeaway for me is that we need to find a constitutionally enforceable way to levy standards on media and social media networks.

The takeaway for me is that we need to find a constitutionally enforceable way to levy standards on media and social media networks.

We need a whole new concept of judicial interpretation that sees for-profit "infotainment" as incompatible with a free press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom