CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

this mod is just great (i think i've said it before :D that's just how great i think this mod really is)

a few things (which may or may not already be on your to-do list):
  • do you plan on including "rename units anytime"? (i may have mentioned this before on this thread, not sure)
  • the posts about the minimap above on this thread look really promissing, do you plan on making the city squares on the minimap smaller (or customizable)?
  • i really like the small leader tabs with more info about the civs (i think they're Game Score, Science Output, Military Power), would it be possible to include the Culture Output as well (since the Civics tree is really a parallel Tech tree)?
cheers!

I did read something about the Culture output not being available in the game at the moment. I guess without the DLL, it might be complicated to do.

Should I delete the cqui folder in DLC one before subscribing on the workshop?

I very much enjoyed this mod but..... it does not seem to work with the new patch. If I meet a new civ only the map shows. No more city names, no more mini map and no more "next turn" arrow. I hope you will find the time to fix this because playing civ vi without your mod is no fun.

Trying this mod for the first time. I have an issue with resource symbols being messed up (it shows four random resource symbols for each resource). I just play by turning off resource symbols. Also using AI+, detailed worlds and QCT but I think the issue is with this mod. Is this a known bug (did not see it in first two pages of Github issues) or am I doing something stupid?

Haven't played for a couple of weeks and something has gone drastically wrong with the UI. Annoying thing is I was only 20-30 turns away from a Domination on Prince i.e. an achievement. What's happened is that when I click an AI Civ, all of the UI disappears and all you can see is the map. There is no way to get it back. Clicking on your own cities or City States does nothing. It's not the end of the world. However, if there is a way to get the UI working again it would be appreciated....any ideas?

Trying this mod for the first time. I have an issue with resource symbols being messed up (it shows four random resource symbols for each resource). I just play by turning off resource symbols. Also using AI+, detailed worlds and QCT but I think the issue is with this mod. Is this a known bug (did not see it in first two pages of Github issues) or am I doing something stupid?

I had that also when installing this mod on a new computer. I then copied my old mod files from my old computer and the problem was gone. Unfortunately the mod does no longer seem to work with the new patch. See mine and paulmclem message here.

New commit is out, CQUI should work with latest patch now. Yay

EDIT: And now we're on the Steam Workshop too! Updates coming fresh from the nightlies every Friday, direct from Steam :goodjob:

Does this fix the issue that the complete UI disappears when I open the diplomacy screen? If so, what should I do to get this fix? I subscribed to the Steam Workshop, that means I should have the latest version, right?

The UI disappears no matter what you do.
Safe to assume they are working on it.

Assuming once it gets fixed it will not be save game compatible?

Firt of all: thanks a lot for this wonder mod!!! I have 2 problems:

1. Jadwiga Scenario - if I try to change any option the game crash and quit;
2. Grid keybind "G" don't work.

I'm playing on Deity and have all DLCs. Only use your mod and unit report screen.

this mod is just great (i think i've said it before :D that's just how great i think this mod really is)

a few things (which may or may not already be on your to-do list):
  • do you plan on including "rename units anytime"? (i may have mentioned this before on this thread, not sure)
  • the posts about the minimap above on this thread look really promissing, do you plan on making the city squares on the minimap smaller (or customizable)?
  • i really like the small leader tabs with more info about the civs (i think they're Game Score, Science Output, Military Power), would it be possible to include the Culture Output as well (since the Civics tree is really a parallel Tech tree)?
cheers!

* Eventually! See issue #196 to follow progress on implementing this feature
* Hopefully! I've heard the artdefs are somewhat finicky to update without just overriding them though, so I've been hesitant to approach this one
* I'm going to be adding full customization to those banners after the v0.7 beta release

Should I delete the cqui folder in DLC one before subscribing on the workshop?

Yes, go with one install or the other, but not both!

I very much enjoyed this mod but..... it does not seem to work with the new patch. If I meet a new civ only the map shows. No more city names, no more mini map and no more "next turn" arrow. I hope you will find the time to fix this because playing civ vi without your mod is no fun.

It's updated to work with the new patch, please download the latest nightly and let me know if your issue persists

This is a problem caused by using a too-old version of the game with CQUI. I suggest consulting issue #180 in resolving your issue

Haven't played for a couple of weeks and something has gone drastically wrong with the UI. Annoying thing is I was only 20-30 turns away from a Domination on Prince i.e. an achievement. What's happened is that when I click an AI Civ, all of the UI disappears and all you can see is the map. There is no way to get it back. Clicking on your own cities or City States does nothing. It's not the end of the world. However, if there is a way to get the UI working again it would be appreciated....any ideas?

It looks like you've updated to the brand new Australian Summer patch, congratulations! I suggest downloading the latest nightly to enjoy the new patch with a compatible version of CQUI

Does this fix the issue that the complete UI disappears when I open the diplomacy screen? If so, what should I do to get this fix? I subscribed to the Steam Workshop, that means I should have the latest version, right?

Could you tell me more about your setup? Are you using any other mods or possibly playing on OSX/Linux?

The UI disappears no matter what you do.
Safe to assume they are working on it.

Assuming once it gets fixed it will not be save game compatible?

CQUI is always save-game compatible with itself. You can upgrade at anytime without fear of harming your savedata

As for the issue, I am unable to reproduce it and, as such, am not actually currently working on fixing it. Could you tell me more about your setup so that I have somewhere to start? Possibly any other mods or playing the OSX/Linux version?

Firt of all: thanks a lot for this wonder mod!!! I have 2 problems:

1. Jadwiga Scenario - if I try to change any option the game crash and quit;
2. Grid keybind "G" don't work.

I'm playing on Deity and have all DLCs. Only use your mod and unit report screen.

Your two issues are documented in issues #186 and #335 URS is built into CQUI, you can safely uninstall it, which I recommend doing since double-installing files is known to cause bad behavior.

There's now a OSX/Linux version available on Github and the Steam Workshop. Get your very own copy in classic nightly or workshop weekly and enjoy the latest CQUI features, even if Firaxis left you behind in the Winter Patch like a penguin!

Hey I have 2 requests, I'm using a camera mod that allows farther zoom. Problem is the city ui get's really cluttered. It comes out like this when zoomed out :
I want it to look like this:
Can you give me tips on how to manually insert a few lines of code that'll set a max zoom distance when a city is selected?

Also, I love your mod, but 1 thing I want is for the builder button back, where it shows the default build action at the top rows when ur builder is on top of a resource. Is there a quick fix for that as well? Thanks!

It looks like you've updated to the brand new Australian Summer patch, congratulations! I suggest downloading the latest nightly to enjoy the new patch with a compatible version of CQUI
Ah, excellent. Unsubscribed from the Steam version and overwrote the CQUI files with your latest nightly and it works again. Brilliant.

When will it be safe to use the Steam subscription files...for new (post update patch) games only?

chao can you also update the latest nightly before the latest patch compatibility somewhere? I can't be bothered to upgrade right now and check compatibility for all my mods :/

the one I have is from 21/02/2017

Hey I have 2 requests, I'm using a camera mod that allows farther zoom. Problem is the city ui get's really cluttered. It comes out like this when zoomed out :
I want it to look like this:
Can you give me tips on how to manually insert a few lines of code that'll set a max zoom distance when a city is selected? Also, I have the fix for that issue already stashed in the git files included with the workshop release. If you have git installed, you can check it out by typing "git stash pop". The reason this isn't in the game yet is because I plan to push out all tutorial options at once for ease of translation

Also, I love your mod, but 1 thing I want is for the builder button back, where it shows the default build action at the top rows when ur builder is on top of a resource. Is there a quick fix for that as well? Thanks!

It looks like the zoom mod is hijacking the un-tilt camera mode to achieve the extra zoom. I suggest removing line 99 of citypanel.lua to "fix" your issue. It still won't look quite right, but it will be less annoying

Ah, excellent. Unsubscribed from the Steam version and overwrote the CQUI files with your latest nightly and it works again. Brilliant.

When will it be safe to use the Steam subscription files...for new (post update patch) games only?

The workshop version is the latest nightly (or, at least, was, when I posted that advice). I have no idea why using the exact same mod is different for you depending on the install method and suggests to me that you're not removing CQUI completely from your DLC/mods folders before installing the Workshop version

chao can you also update the latest nightly before the latest patch compatibility somewhere? I can't be bothered to upgrade right now and check compatibility for all my mods :/

the one I have is from 21/02/2017

Try downloading the OSX/Linux version on the workshop or via the github page. The OSX/Linux version is just CQUI built to work with the Winter Patch instead of the Australian Patch, so it'll work even if you're on Windows and not updated

Can units be moved with numpad with this mod?

\Skodkim

Nobody's ever asked for that, so not yet! I'll look into some kind of numpad move mode in the future

Nobody's ever asked for that, so not yet! I'll look into some kind of numpad move mode in the future
Well we did actually discuss it on November 23rd, page 11 of this thread. Should be an easy addition if you're up for it :lol:

\Skodkim

fjordan said:
Could you tell me more about your setup? Are you using any other mods or possibly playing on OSX/Linux?

OK, I had subscribed to the mod on Steam Workshop but not deleted the mod directory (which is in C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI in my case, may help people searching). Now that I did that everything works fine.

I think I did not thank you for this great mod by the way, which I should because it is great! And you don't know what you miss until you lose it as I noticed last night starting a game without it.

Top Bottom