Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about making Indonesia's UP that jungles provide +1 food and they can build improvements on them?

Personally I think that there should be a new corporation called Indian Ocean trade or Malacca trade, in the same spirit of the Silk Route corp with the headquarters founded in Singapore, bringing in lots of money. Even today 1/4 of the world's trade passes through the Strait of Malacca

And the corp could spread along the Swahili coast of Africa, south Arabia, India, SE Asia, and China. Perhaps some of those places could lose it after a certain year, but Singapore at least should keep it and its profit because of its continued economic importance till the present day

EDIT: A map:

I dont like the fact that there should be headquater for these kinds of trade corps. I mean if u look at it historically almost every one of the civs involved had a dominant role at one point or another. I know that there was a point when the Arabs sailers controlled the trade, the Chinese at one point also controlled it and so did the Indians and Indonesians. Currently one can say it is Singapore but doesnt make it the headquater.

Alright but surely Singapore deserves a better gold bonus?

And shouldn't the Indonesian capital be at Palembag?

Did you figure out the cause of the Italy crash?
No, that's the one that still causes problems.

Error Server sent unexpected return value (405 not allowed) in response to OPTIONS

Error request for 'https://www.assembla.com/svn/Dawn_of_Civilization'
Odd, I checked again and it's still open to public access. That has already happened a few times, seems like assembla sometimes doesn't allow access. Did it download something yet, or didn't you even get a new folder?

How about making Indonesia's UP that jungles provide +1 food and they can build improvements on them?
Exactly my thought. Maybe allowing improvements on jungle already helps.

And shouldn't the Indonesian capital be at Palembag?
Yes, but I chose Padang because that one's preferred in the Khmer settler maps (Palembang is probably one tile east, where you can't even build a city right now). I'll cover it when I have more feedback from BenZL on map and city names.

Hey, I want to play as the arabs in rfc, but what does it mean by "control 3 holy city shrines"!? I conquered three holy citys: Makkah (started) Al Quds, and some other city in india that was a double holy city (buddhism and hinduism) but nothing happened! please explain what im supposed to do

Al Quds isn't a holy city shrine. And it's not enough to control a holy city, you have to have three SHRINES for those holy city religions

And Leoreth- I checked a map. Palembag seems to be better represented as one tile southeast, basically where that mountain is.

@whaleman:
You have to control three shrines, not holy cities. Which cities have them depends on the scenario and how the game evolved. In the 600 AD scenario Al-Quds has a shrine, and Pataliputra has two.

Solomon counts a shrine?

It's really easy then. Mecca + Shiraz + Al Quds. Although in the first and second you have to pop GP's and build them yourselves.

The alternative being conquering Pataliputra.

Perhaps this UHV should be tougher?

Solomon counts a shrine?

It's really easy then. Mecca + Shiraz + Al Quds. Although in the first and second you have to pop GP's and build them yourselves.

It should be taken out in my opinion. Some other UHV should be put in to represent the Scientific advancements and prosperity of the Islamic Golden Age.

Something like the examples below would be good:
-Make Baghdad the most populous and Cultured city in 1000 Ad.
-Be the Most advanced Civ in 1000 Ad.

And the Second UHV should be modified to include Central Asia.

Solomon counts a shrine?

No, Solomon doesn't count. But in 600 AD the Catholic Shrine is in Jerusalem.

It should be taken out in my opinion. Some other UHV should be put in to represent the Scientific advancements and prosperity of the Islamic Golden Age.

Something like the examples below would be good:
-Make Baghdad the most populous and Cultured city in 1000 Ad.
-Be the Most advanced Civ in 1000 Ad.
I agree. But I don't know if that wouldn't be too hard.

Edit: Got a rare Ilkhanate for the Mongols:
Spoiler :

I agree. But I don't know if that wouldn't be too hard.

Sorry but I didn't quite get that. Are u saying that it will be too hard or too easy.

Also I wondering, Spreading Islam to 40% is an alright goal but one of the things that Arabs tried but failed over and over with was the conquest of Constantinople.

All in all, I think that u should overview the Arab and the Ottomans uhv once ur done with Asia.

I meant that it could be too hard because you're already tasked with conquering.

And you're right, especially the Ottomans need some kind of a dynamic spawn because they stand no chance if Byzantium hasn't spawned in 3000 BC and placed some cities for them.

No I had that as well. Assembla is a free site, maybe there's a timeout when it has too much traffic. When the folder is already there, rightclick it and choose "SVN update" until it's finished.

I've just played my first honest Korean test game and ... it was challenging. Missed the cathedral goal by 40 years, maybe it needs to be pushed back a little (though I've decided to research CS before Music to make better use of Hanseong). City setup was Hanseong, Sanshan, Shenyang (Simiyan hoton) and Mudanjiang (Mudan bira). Screenshot of the turn where I would've completed the first goal:

Spoiler :

I decided to continue to see if I could pull off the second goal (no opportunity to even build a navy for the third). That I didn't complete the cathedrals before the Mongols spawned complicated the matter; I had to refuse the flip of Shenyang and go to war with them. They ignored me for some turns, then a stack of four Keshiks steamrolled my army. Maybe I should've paid more attention to state religions and converted to Confucianism, because Japan did that too and decided to invade me the turn after. That's the last turn before I get exiled (never happened to me before by the way :D):

Spoiler :

for Indonesia would sould the uhvs represent the tree different dynasties following the example of morrocco in rfce++
for example: Sri vijarija ( sorry for spelling) Build x harbours by x and have x triremes (representing trade and naval dominance)
The Majahpits Expand to some islands (?) plus conquer (?) territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom