Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't nerf Europe (in their tech speed, at least). It'd be like changing the whole game.

hey I know u said u wont make any changes to Europe, but could u change the historical goals of Italy? building 3 universities is very hard because they only start with 2 cities, and since Rome is very powerful compared to Italy's start, it is very hard to conquer. Also, the techs are harder to discover because of Italy's lack of culture and Industry at the start. I ussually dont get education untill at least 1500, which is around the time u need 3 universities, but I still wont have a military strong enough to take a third city! So could u make Rome weaker, and give the Italians more techs at the start? Also, when is the new version going to be out, and when will Austria-Hungary be featured?

Perhaps you could do something like when Italy spawns there is a max amount of troops that Rome can have and any extras are removed.

Currently, the Byzantines take a rather unhealthy interest in Kiev which many a times prevents Russia from conquering it before the Byzantines. Perhaps you can modify the war maps for Byzantine and Russia?

Those are already in place; the Byzantine Empire sends a stack there in many games; its almost like a recurring event every game. I think the problem might be with the war maps; although im not sure if Ukraine is in the Byzantine war map, if it is then it should be removed.

There's pretty much no cities between Byzantium and Kiev. Perhaps a barb city should be placed there?

There's pretty much no cities between Byzantium and Kiev. Perhaps a barb city should be placed there?

Bulgarian minor civ/inependent city would be pretty awesome to have, to counter Byzantine growth.

The only one that would make sense is independent Budapest to represent Kingdom of Hungary, which isnt a bad idea if you think about it. I mean after Leoreth splits Germany and Austria; u can have the holy roman empire first represent everything and afterwards when Prussia spawns, u can change HRE to Austria and flip Budapest to them. But my concern would still remain, HRE and Byzantines would need to be less aggresive towards Kiev/Budapest.

I have to say I really like the feel of Japan with a culture goal in its UHV. It discourages you from investing commerce or GPs into research so you're actually kind of backwards when the goal checks in 1600 AD.

Now I also get what people were complaining about with China. They won the librace and got both conquerors in my first test game. However, tech speed wasn't their actual problem but rather an ahistorical focus on Liberalism and Optics->Astronomy. I've disabled that and it looks much better now.

So I'm confused, did you revert China to the old 25% bonus and just disable tech bias for Liberalism & Optics or stay with the current 10% and disable tech bias on part of the AI?

The UP was always at 25%. The 10% I increased were overall tech costs. But I only tweaked the AI to avoid these techs.

Is it possible to make it so when you have multiple items in the queue and you finish something the overflow goes immediately into the next item so that it can be built also? Say I have a city like Kiev, if I have it continuously build Guided Missiles and it has 300:hammers:/turn and the Missiles are 60:hammers: each it would build five. I know Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn has this feature

That seems a better suggestion for synthesis.

I am not the only eclectic on here. I'm sure Leoreth would have no problem including it if he felt it were a good feature.

See the thing i that by the time you can make guided missiles many cities can build at least one a turn, some two or even three so it seems silly to have a cap of 1/turn/city, besides they are mostly useful in bulk

True. But it depends on how much work it is.

Edit: New Japanese first goal committed soon, I also changed China further (including Taizongs personality, who should now focus more on buildings and culture instead of hoarding units). Feedback on China's performance would be nice.

I am not the only eclectic on here. I'm sure Leoreth would have no problem including it if he felt it were a good feature.

But would you not say your mod was made for this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom