Destiny Reborn (2020) WIP

I haven't tired you out with my fountain of ideas yet? :)

:) Both suggestions are good and will make it in, and no, I am not tired of them yet. While this is a fantasy mod, and I, therefore, am not too concerned with minor discrepancies, I DO want to ensure some accuracy and certainly do not want to include anything offensive to anyone. I appreciate the help!

For those familiar with some of my previous, unrealized endeavors...

Spoiler :
I do plan on incorporating Kaiju into this. To what extent, depends on how much improvements space I can make for it. Giant Beasts DO play a factor in the lore, and it would be a shame for Supa's wonderful units to not get put to use. If all goes well, expect madness at the end of the fourth era and into the future...

Last edited:
I just wanted to pop in with the latest in-editor screenshot, showing the resources and terrain. (updated 12/31/2020)

If you haven't checked lately, please do check out the first 4 posts, as they have been updated with quite a bit more information...

upload_2020-12-31_10-21-8.png

Last edited:
The current resource list is the final one. The images may be final as well, though I'm not real happy with Fertile Lands, so may replace that, as well as resize some of them.

I've also started adding the leaderheads for the ones I've been able to find that I think will fit. Once those are done, I'll diagram out the tech tree and post that as well.

Here is a list of the core unit tree per Tribe. Yes, all core units are unique. They will have their core capabilities altered by their Sigil Aspects as well as their unique Attributes, as detailed in posts 2-4. There are additional units unique to traits, culture groups, resources, buildings, and religions, too, as well as Pirate units, and some tribes have a few extra units.

upload_2021-1-11_10-9-14.png

Base unit stats (before Aspects and Attributes):
Unit - Base - Tech - Resource(s) - upgrades from
Worker - 0/0/1 - none - none - none
Settler - 0/0/1 - none - none - none
Scout - 0/0/2 - Pathfinding - none - none
Warrior - 1/1/1 - none - none - none
Spearman - 1/2/1 - Warrior Code - none - none
Archer - 2(2)/1/1 - Archery (requires Warrior Code and Hunting) - Birds - none
Swordman - 3/2/1 - Metalworking - Iron - Warrior
Pikeman - 2/3/1 - Metalworking - Iron - Spearman
Horseman - 2/1/2 - Horseback Riding - Horses - none
Knight - 3/3/2 - Knighthood - Horses & Iron - Horseman
Ranger - 4(4)/3/2 - Gunpowder - Horses & Gunpowder - Knight
Gunman - 4(4)/3/1 - Gunpowder - Gunpowder - Swordman
Catapult - 2(8)/1/1 - Construction - Lumber -none
Canoe - 0/1/1 - Take to the Seas! - none - none
Boat - 1/2/2 - Construction - Lumber - Canoe
Frigate - 2(1)/3/3 - Gunpowder - Lumber & Gunpowder - Boat
Spy - 2/1/1 - Autogenerated by Castle

Last edited:
Quite a few updates to the first four posts. Post #1 is about the mod in general. 2-4 are all about the Tribes. I also completed the base Settlement lists for all Tribes, not including all the Easter Eggs. I haven't posted that as that may not be too interesting.

I have a very busy week ahead of me at work, and next weekend I will be transferring everything from this ancient computer to the new one, and setting that up, so it will be a week or so before I get back on this. In the meantime, please take a look at all the new info, ask any questions, make any corrections, poke as many holes as you can :)

Next up - diagramming the tech tree, then mapping out all the improvements to make sure I've not gone over the 256 limit. I had mapped this out before but have made so many changes since I need to redo...

I will offer my own versions of names for Russian and Ukrainian languages. I remind you that I am not a native speaker of Ukrainian, but it is very close to Russian, so it is not difficult to navigate in it. I will write in the format "English title-version in Russian - version in Ukrainian, then, if necessary, comments".

Worker - Rabochiy (рабочий) - Robitnik (робітник)

Settler - Poselenets (поселенец) - Osadnik (осадник)

Scout - Razvedchik (разведчик) - Rozvidnik (розвідник)

Warrior - Voin (воин) - Voiak (вояк)

Spearman - Kopeyshchik (копейщик) - Spisonosets (списоносець)

Archer - Luchnik (лучник) - Strilets z luka (стрілець з лука, literally - the shooter from the bow)

Swordman - Mechnik (мечник) - Mechonosets (мечоносець)

The term "Fechtoval'shchik", in my opinion, is unfortunate. They are traditionally used in Russian to refer to either sports fencers or Renaissance blademasters with light, narrow blades. Here, as I understand it, we are talking about an earlier era.

Pikeman - Pikinyor (пикинёр) - Pikiner / Solovinii Pikiner (солов'їний пікінер)

Horseman - Vsadnik (всадник) - Vershnik (вершник)

Knight - Vityaz' (витязь) - Litsar (лицар)

Ranger - Konnik (конник) / Kazak (казак, the cossack) - Kinnotnik (кіннотник) / Kozak (козак, the cossack)

I'm in a bit of a quandary here. The first option is the general designation of a mounted warrior, a synonym for a cavalryman. Also, the role of mounted scouts is also perfectly suited for irregular cavalrymen - Cossacks.

Gunman - Strelok (стрелок, the shooter) - Strilets (стрілець, the shooter)

Catapult - Porok (порок) - Katapulta (катапульта)

Spy - Shpion (шпион) - Shihun (шпигун)

Canoe - Cheln (челн) / Chelnok (челнок) - Choven (човен) / (Chovnik) човник

The second option is with diminutive suffixes, if you need to emphasize their small size. These boats were hollowed out of the trunk of a single tree.

Boat - Lad'ya (ладья) - Tura (тура)

In fact, these are already quite serious ships, without a deck, but (in some cases) quite seaworthy, similar to the Scandinavian drakkars.

Frigate - (Medvezhiy) Fregat (фрегат) / Parusnik (парусник) - Frehat (фрегат) / Vitrilnik (вітрильник)

The second option is the general designation of a sailing ship.

If you need any clarification - ask, I will try to answer.

Last edited:
Hey there folks, sorry for the MIA. I'll have some updates in a month or two. Been struggling with some health issues, and I go in for a triple bypass on Tuesday, 06/29/21. Hopefully, I can give y'all an update whilst I am recovering...

Thanks guys. I came in for a triple bypass, but that escalated to a quadruple. While recovering, they discovered I am in the early stages of leukemia so now I am stuck here at least another month for chemo. At least I have a room with a view…

Once home, I’ll get back on it!

Attachments

• FE58655D-03E9-4F3F-9438-6605D448572C.jpeg
    FE58655D-03E9-4F3F-9438-6605D448572C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Thanks guys. I came in for a triple bypass, but that escalated to a quadruple. While recovering, they discovered I am in the early stages of leukemia so now I am stuck here at least another month for chemo. At least I have a room with a view…

:eek: Every best wish, old comrade

Am currently going through old comments on the CFC FB page lookjing for any posts other staff had missed and I found an old post that lead me to this thread as @Gojira54 posted on the CFC facebook group about his mod here:

Seeing his posts above about needing chemo after a quadruple bypass and not coming back here since I feared the worst and used his FB comment at CFC to check his profile and.. yeah.. his account has been converted to memorial remembrance profile.. I'm really really sorry guys.. he's gone. :( :( :(
https://www.facebook.com/amesjustin

1658044876386.png

EDIT: He has a website on his profile too that's sadly gone now likely due to hosting bills not being paid. I put it into webarchive and it looks like as well as being a good Civ modder he was a talented author too and wrote a bunch of books. I'll put a link to it here since as a fellow creator I often ponder about all my stuff getting lost if I die so I'm sure he'd take comfort in his work surviving and being shared around!
https://web.archive.org/web/20220330053142/https://jm-ames.com/

1658046543902.png

Last edited:
:( This makes me feeling sad. Rest in peace Gojira54 and thank you very much for all you have done for Civ 3.
My condolences to his friends and family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom