DipNES03 - Stab in the Dark

And he's missing orders for my diplo game as well.

Until my internet comes up, I must withdraw from this. I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand whats happening, and tech support is no help either.

So I guess Foozicaba doesn't want his country back. Arrgh. It pains me to do this, but I must update anyway.

Update 35
Spring 1910 Movement

The sudden sickness that befell the acting PM Dreadnought has crippled French forces. The army is panicked and indecisive, with no clear-cut battle plan. They all decided to just hold and see if Foozicaba recovers from his maladies...

England: A wal -> lvp
England: F cly Supports A wal -> lvp
Russia: A swe -> den
Russia: F stp/nc -> nwy
Russia: A sil Supports A mun
Russia: A ruh Supports A kie
Russia: F nwg -> edi
Russia: F nwy -> nth
Russia: A mun Supports A ruh
Russia: F lvp Holds
Russia: A kie Supports A ruh
Russia: A fin -> swe
Russia: F den -> hel
Russia: A boh Supports A mun
Russia: A ber Supports A kie
Turkey: A ven Supports A pie
Turkey: F tys Supports F tus
Turkey: A tyr Supports A pie
Turkey: A tri Holds
Turkey: A pie Holds
Turkey: F nap Supports F tys
Turkey: F ion Supports F tys
Turkey: F eas Holds
Turkey: A alb Holds

Spring 1910 Movement
Spoiler :

Spring 1910 Retreat
Spoiler :

F(Lvp) may retreat to Iri or Nao.

Next Orders Due: Thursday, September 6, 2007, at 10:00 PM PST.

Retreat to Iri please.

Retreat to Iri please.

No.

Update 36
Spring 1910 Retreat

F(Lvp)-Iri

Spring 1910 Retreat
Spoiler :

Fall 1910
Spoiler :

NEXT ORDERS DUE: Thursday, September 6, 2007, at 10:00 PM PST.

and england = dead.

now I take edi, and they take london
then I take london, they take edi and lvp
then they take london

i have returned :D

Alright, so game on again? I assume the deadline for tonight still stands then? Goodie. :evil:

@j_eps: You are a bit too optimistic methinks. ;)

So I guess Foozicaba's stupid or something because he says that Dreadnought "screwed the game up", so now he won't send in orders anymore. Let's just bring this to the conclusion so we can go home. What a fraking quitter.

God. This game has been plagued with 42% perpetually late/quitting players. This is horrible, you guys.

Why did you quit, Foozicaba? I specifically let you into this game if and only if you didn't up and gave up when the going got tough.

Well guess what? You did exactly what you told me you wouldn't do. You gave up and didn't bother to send in orders anymore.

Foozicaba, you're fired!

And since I didn't even get any orders last time, I'm tempted to just declare this a Russo-Turkish victory without even completing it. I know it lacks a sense of closure, but since 42% of the players have decided to be stupid, it's too frustrating.

I would submit that this game is indeed won by Russia and Turkey. There is no way France could stand against us even in the hands of the most competent player. England wouldn't last two more turns, they'd be down to 1 SC by the end of this turn even. So just declare us winners and be done with it. :D

I agree. England is 4th. You all predicted 6th. HAH! My goal was 5th. I won.

I thought Niklas was the guy who didn't want to end games prematurely. :p

--

Update 37
The Final Words

It was over, all over. The Prime Minister of England, not wishing to see his people suffer, signed a peace agreement that was, in retrospect, not very humiliating. His people certainly thanked him for it. Prime Minister j_eps would go down as "The Mediator", because he wisely sought to give up when it was properly time to give up. In doing so, he saved most of England from destruction (the landing of Edinburgh had, alas, led to some damage to English lands.) The Treaty of London was concluded on September 9, 1909. The Frenchmen, however, in this strange, twisted history, actually decided not to surrender for once and loathed the English.

"Ce n'est pas un problème," they said. "Nous allons attaquer l'Angleterre après ça."

Unfortunately for the quite patriotic French peoples, the army did not view the war in the same light. The French were lucky - the war had not touched their soils yet. They were still winning, right? They had gained compared to the Mobilization of 1901, as it was already being called. However, General Jacques Deschamps saw things differently, as did the rest of the generals. They saw a huge combined Russo-Turkish assault. It was hopeless. And where was the President? Where was Foozicaba in his nation's darkest hour?

On November 13, 1909, the army seized control of the government officially, ended its de facto rulership and causing it to be de jure. They seized Versailles, finding the President nowhere to be found. He had truly abandoned all responsibility and just up and left. The French had thought he was strategizing over something vitally important; when this information was leaked, their patriotism finally suffered a mortal blow. They accepted the unconditional French surrender on December 31, 1909 by signing the Treaty of Paris.

And with that, the war in Europe was over. Czar Niklas I and Sultan Azale I, both the first of their long and very prestigious line of royal blood, had subdued all of Europe to their liking. Asia was, by now, owned by China, who promised to ignore hegemony in the West for finally dominating the East again. Australia, well, nobody cared about Australia. For that matter, nobody cared about Africa either. The problem remained - rump states, or full annexation? But who cared? They were done. They could do anything they wanted.

--

January 7, 1909.

The now legendary Grand Gala was hosted in, well, Paris! Why not? Pretty girls, romance, the Eiffel Tower, plus, it was a chance to rub it in everybody's faces. For the time being, it was under joint Russian and Turkish rule. It was slated to last from the seventh all the way to the fourteenth. People cheered to no end, both the ones who could make the trip and both the ones who could not.

Celebrations were not shaken when a rushed telegram from Brest came in describing mysterious flying objects.

"Impossible!" Sultan Azale was quoted.

"Of course, 'tis just a joke." responded the Czar Niklas. Furious treaty writing was going down under the Gala. France was about to become severely diminished, as was England. France was to be reduced to the Paris, Brest, and Marseilles Regions, with Burgundy. England would only have London and Wales - pretty generous, considering the fact that full annexation was definitely possible.

It can therefore be excused that the two victorious monarchs cursed audibly when the flying ships landed in Paris. Only quick notice of the American flag painted on a side prevented anybody from trying to destroy it. They all kept their distance though.

A hatch opened, and President William McKinley, the President who was supposed to step down in 1901, stepped out, flanked by serious looking Secret Service troops.

"Hello," he said, offhandedly. An English interpretor was quickly sought.

The Czar swallowed a gulp. "What...happened?"

His eyes danced. "I don't know. It was hell on Earth. We couldn't get out to the rest of the world. The United States was under a perpetual dusk. It was crazy. We saw cavemen, revolutionaries, old deceased ancestors...and people from the future."

"That's completely implausible."

"What, you never wondered why nobody could find America? I'll tell you this then. It was because we were plucked out of this timeline."

"No way."

"Whatever you want to believe. But it matters not. As of right now, we have returned to our proper timeline. We will now say this: As we retroactively take apart our new technologies, we will withdraw from world affairs. Already your diplomats are being sent home. In good faith, I give you this."

He made an imperceptible gesture, and the now dead body of Foozicaba was thrown unceremoniously to the ground.

"Found him trying to escape to South America. We caught him over the ocean. "

With a twinkle, he stepped back on the hatch. The flying thing picked up and shot away.

--

Somewhere, in one of the crazy timelines, a college history major who happened to be a science fiction buff was having the weirdest dream of his life.

Scoreboard.

Austria-Hungary: Archduke MjM ELIMINATED, SEVENTH PLACE
Germany: Kaiser jalapeno_dude ELIMINATED, SIXTH PLACE
Italy: King Lord_Iggy ELIMINATED, FIFTH PLACE
England: Prime Minister j_eps DEFEATED, FOURTH PLACE
France: President Foozicaba (MIA) [Dreadnought as acting President of the Republic] DEFEATED, THIRD PLACE
Russia: Czar Niklas VICTORIOUS, FIRST PLACE
Turkey: Sultan Azale [TheBladeRoden as acting Sultan] VICTORIOUS, FIRST PLACE

Awards
MjM: The Quitter Award. You quit; you suck. Go away.
jalapeno_dude: The Disappointed Award. I thought you had things going pretty well. Too bad, eh?
Lord_Iggy: The Too Bad Award. Yeah, Italy. You almost had something going there too.
j_eps: The Keep Truckin' Award. May your England live on in people's hearts. Despite never really doing anything, you were always there.
Foozicaba: The Quitter Award. You quit; you suck. Go away.
Dreadnought: The Management Award. I think it's a mark of your skill that you managed not to have France collapse instantaneously. Props.
Niklas: The Reminder Award. You had to bug me about cutting people out. Sorry for inconveniencing you like that.
Azale: The Late Award. You were always late. Gah.
LightFang: The BS Award. I wasn't really paying attention to the game, so I award myself for coming up with these random awards.

GG everyone. The turning point for Italy was when Russia surprise attacked, and denied me Trieste. I think I was kind of doomed from then on.

Top Bottom