Resource icon

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel November 22 Update

Since it looks like author no longer supports this mod I decided to update it myself.
All original mod functionality has been restored (I have not tested fully only religion tooltip - but tooltip for pantheon works fine so should be OK).
Patch functionality added.
No longer uses ProductionPanel:
  • ProductionPanel.xml wasn't even used in original mod so I deleted it
  • ProductionPanel.lua changed only one line (focusing on panel if arleady open) - it is commented now in .modinfo just in case you would like to modify it
With that in mind this mod should be compatible with Production Queue Mod.

Version number changed to 2 and last digit in mod id changed from 7 to 8 (should be random enough to work).
Always hidden in modification menu and always enabled by default (due to high stability).
I also allowed myself to add me to mod authors list.

You're welcome. :)

Attachments

• UI - CityPanel.rar
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,002
It doesnt appear on the mods list ingame. I placed the "UI - CityPanel" folder in the "Mods" folder. This is correct, yes?

It doesnt appear on the mods list ingame. I placed the "UI - CityPanel" folder in the "Mods" folder. This is correct, yes?

It's hidden in the mods menu, yeah. Ngl I don't like that feature, but oh well; it can be changed in the .modinfo.

Does this break the ability to see city growth that was added?

Edit - OK it seems like when you switch between cities it will keep showing boarder growth only for the fist city you clicked on until you back out of the city view and then click on a new city. Not sure if this is due to the mod, or a general bug with this new feature.

Last edited:
Since it looks like author no longer supports this mod I decided to update it myself.
All original mod functionality has been restored (I have not tested fully only religion tooltip - but tooltip for pantheon works fine so should be OK).
Patch functionality added.
No longer uses ProductionPanel:
  • ProductionPanel.xml wasn't even used in original mod so I deleted it
  • ProductionPanel.lua changed only one line (focusing on panel if arleady open) - it is commented now in .modinfo just in case you would like to modify it
With that in mind this mod should be compatible with Production Queue Mod.

Version number changed to 2 and last digit in mod id changed from 7 to 8 (should be random enough to work).
Always hidden in modification menu and always enabled by default (due to high stability).
I also allowed myself to add me to mod authors list.

You're welcome. :)

Thats a bit presumptuous of you tbh. Divine Yuri stated in his last post he is busy with Midterms.

Thats a bit presumptuous of you tbh. Divine Yuri stated in his last post he is busy with Midterms.
Right. Didn't mean to sound like this.
Still - he didn't have time to update so I decided to contribute some work to make this mod compatible until he returns
AND decided to share it with others who don't want to spend time or have not skills to do the update by themselves INSTEAD of keeping it just on my own HD.
Just treat this as a temporary solution until author can support again.
Yeah, it would be rude if I decided to open new thread with updated mod or sth like that. I'm sorry if I've insulted anyone.

It's cool. Thanks, Name! My own update attempt didn't work so fine at beginning like yours.

Just to answer a few questions:

Is this mod dead?
No, I've just been busy.

When are you updating for the latest patch?
I'm working on it I just want to make sure the new functionalities work in a way I like. So I want to make sure to do these before releasing:
  • Make the next growth tile show as long as the city is selected, and not just in city management.
  • Make the next growth tile a bit more transparent so it's visible but you can see the terrain, resources, and units on the tile.
  • Make it so you can change the city name by just clicking on the city name from the panel itself without touching the Details panels.
  • Remove the old turns till expansion bar, and make the Growth bar more like the production bar.
Why the Production Panel?
The changes to the production panel were made to make the tabs on the top of the city-panel actually change what you're doing when it comes to production.

As in the Faith Tab, and the Gold tab changes the production panel to purchase with those two by default, but the production tab on the city panel only opens the production panel which by default is on the production panel, but if it wasn't closed in the first place it stays on what it stays on the production tab it was on. So if you're on purchase with faith, and click the Change City Production Tab on the city panel it'll stay on purchase with faith.

So you would have a button that doesn't do anything while the production panel is open when it feels like the button should change the current production tab to production.
So it's not a exact copy of Vanilla, but has the additional line in the OnCityPanelProductionOpen() function:
Code:
m_tabs.SelectTab( m_productionTab );

Why can't I turn off the mod in game / Why is it always active?
I've fixed that. I just copied the aztec at first, and I was more worried about making the mod work at the time.

Last edited:
Divine Yuri updated Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel with a new update entry:

Novemeber 22 Update

Update includes:
  • Works with Latest Patch
  • You can now turn off the mod from the main menu. It'll still enable from the start.
  • Added info to current production in the form of a tooltip in the same way a tooltip would be displayed in the production panel.
  • Right clicking the current production icon will links to the civilopedia of what ever's being produced.
  • Next growth tile will display when a city is selected.
    • Additional information is displayed when the city...

Read the rest of this update entry...

could you make a option like this? i think it is more convenient

Attachments

• sdad.jpg
    sdad.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 315
I hate to be the first to declare some buggy situations, but...

-- Tile Growth "symbols" tend to jump between turns. Seems that behavior mostly occurs when a tile is about to become available... if we happen to switch from cities to another *or* under whatever other weird conditions i can't detect.

-- The selector Icons (Purchases, etc) would sometime grey-out & become inactive. The report button stays Okay though, if that can hint you on the exact code flaw. Reloading from a save brings them back to normal.

-- And.. (after having edited the UO toggle for Purchase/Tiles as False to check if that would turn them all back on -- it didn't) the Tile Growth big purplish Hexagon(s) can simply disappear altogether (meters too) while their numeric turns & comment text would remain. They also are overlayed/blended above everything else -- including the usual popping ToolTips.

Thanks for the Patch-Update, btw. Keep up the excellent work. ;)

Last edited:
don't worry about the time you spent on mod Yuri, people that don't get this is a hard work don't even deserve some attention. Thanks for all your efforts, you did great. Many of us can't imagin playing civ6 without your sweet panel.
Anyway i just had a suggestion, i don't know if you tried "production queue" mod, which is getting bugless, stable and really awesome. That guy work hard, is a kind soul and is open to permission to any mod merging with his one. I think Your panel with his production queue in one single mod would be pure dope ! Could you do take a look on that ?
cheers ! Keep it up !

Hey divine, the lovely little turns till cultural growth you've got on the bottom right of the screen, what did you edit to bring that up?

I use cqui but he's not keen to implement it, so I'm going to try my hand at it if I can (which I probably can't!) :(

• Make the next growth tile show as long as the city is selected, and not just in city management.
  • Make the next growth tile a bit more transparent so it's visible but you can see the terrain, resources, and units on the tile.
Does this mean I'll no longer need Next City Plot by Ace?

the merger of the "citizen assignment" and "hex buy" has some bugs. the right-click to exit doesn;t work. and it can get stuck (the tab buttons are disabled and there is no way to restore them)
also, because the "buy" interface is active, the currently worked hexes are darker and it;s really hard to see the yield icons.
also, the "next hex" is quite distracting and an eyesore - a huge pink hex on the map... really no need to see it all the time - it's not like you have any control over it

it;s nice that you tried to get the civ5 functionality...but for the moment i think it would be better to revert to the original tab buttons

-- Tile Growth "symbols" tend to jump between turns. Seems that behavior mostly occurs when a tile is about to become available... if we happen to switch from cities to another *or* under whatever other weird conditions i can't detect.

-- The selector Icons (Purchases, etc) would sometime grey-out & become inactive. The report button stays Okay though, if that can hint you on the exact code flaw. Reloading from a save brings them back to normal.

I'm experiencing these issues as well. EDIT: I believe the trigger for the selector Icons becoming inactive is whenever you select a District to produce and go into the district "lens" for the city. Upon exiting the "lens" the icons no longer work.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!

Last edited:
^ also experiencing this as well as the city production menu not being able to select at all. have to use M to select production but only when a city has nothing to build in the queue.

reverting back to names file.

For those having trouble with the 'purchase tile' and 'manage citizens' buttons (or the merged button) becoming inactive, just re-save CityPanel.lua... no need to reload a save game, which can cause problems with other mods. There might be a console command to reload the UI, but I don't know what it is.

You can also toggle the options for CityPanel in this way... change the true/false state and save. The game will hotload the file.

Top Bottom