Resource icon

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel November 22 Update

Sorry to repost!

Hey guys, the lovely little turns till cultural growth you've got on the bottom right of the screen, what did you edit to bring that up?

I use cqui but he's not keen to implement it, so I'm going to try my hand at it if I can (which I probably can't!)

Since it looks like author no longer supports this mod I decided to update it myself.
All original mod functionality has been restored (I have not tested fully only religion tooltip - but tooltip for pantheon works fine so should be OK).
Patch functionality added.
No longer uses ProductionPanel:
  • ProductionPanel.xml wasn't even used in original mod so I deleted it
  • ProductionPanel.lua changed only one line (focusing on panel if arleady open) - it is commented now in .modinfo just in case you would like to modify it
With that in mind this mod should be compatible with Production Queue Mod.

Version number changed to 2 and last digit in mod id changed from 7 to 8 (should be random enough to work).
Always hidden in modification menu and always enabled by default (due to high stability).
I also allowed myself to add me to mod authors list.

You're welcome. :)

I read the issues people were having with Yuri's November 22 release - that the Purchase with Gold, Purchase with Faith, Buy Tile, and/or Manage Citizens buttons were not active/not working. So, instead I downloaded Name's version. It worked for 81 turns over a couple of days. I started with my last save and all the buttons above work EXCEPT the city details button that toggles the food/housing/amenities, districts/buildings, etc on the top left. I tried loading an older save of the same game with no luck. I tried deleting Name's .rar file from my Mods folder and that didn't help. I tried re-downloading the .rar file and putting it back in the Mods folder, and that didn't help. The only thing that seems to work is re-starting a new game (with the .rar file still in the mods folder)...which I can do, but I'd love it if I could come back to my original game. It seems like there is a better way.

I am not a modder and not super-technical, so any detailed instructions of what I can do would be greatly appreciated!

I have loaded the following mods into the game all versions were the latest as of December 18 (TCS has since released a newer version of his Omnibus Mod, but I have not downloaded that yet):
Name's "UI - CityPanel.rar" file, TCS Omnibus Mod (version 1.2), ProductionQueue, Unit Report Screen, Better Trade Screen, More Lenses, Detailed Worlds, Larger Worlds, and Research Reminder.

EDIT: I just saw the "Winter Update" came out yesterday and I think I noticed Steam updating when I opened it...that is likely the issue. But I'm still interested if I can salvage my existing saved game.

EDIT (12/25): I did some more testing. Given that others were having trouble with inactive buttons, I assumed my problem was related. Now I can't make it past the "Get Pantheon" (or maybe it's "Choose Pantheon") button in my games - it's inactive. After deleting mods one by one and speeding through 38 turns in fortify mode with god king policy, I was able to get back to the pantheon button to test which mod had the problem. It was the Unit Report Screen, not your mod. I apologize for the confusion. I've let the creator of that mod know the issue and hope he will fix it. Thanks again and merry Xmas!

EDIT (12/29): Alas, after removing the Unit Report Screen mod, I was able to get past choose pantheon. However, I've just earned a great prophet and am unable to choose a religion - the button is frozen in the same way the choose pantheon button was disabled...I'm ready to give up and go back to vanilla civ - does anyone know how to fix this issue for my existing game without starting a new one?

EDIT (12/31): Wow, tried again with only Detailed Worlds and got stuck not being able to click the Choose Pantheon button again. This means that there is either a problem with Detailed Worlds OR a defect in vanilla Civ. Either way it sucks - does anyone know how to override the game to be able to choose a pantheon - is there a developer command I can use or something?

Last edited:
Using Names' CityPanelUI works for me but have one issue - queueing works but if I cancel a project OR move something in the queue to #1, the panel collapses

On another note, the 'GEAR' that is shown when a city is not producing anything, it's no longer display with the UI mod - is that correct? Why changed?

Looking at the attached image, you can see that certain city hexs that are already owned are dimmed (as if they're not)

This seems to happen only to Peter? Could it be a side effect of his expanded territory?

Untitled.jpg

I just saw the "Winter Update" came out yesterday and I think I noticed Steam updating when I opened it...that is likely the issue. But I'm still interested if I can salvage my existing saved game.

Winter Update changed 9 lines in CityPanel.lua
Just for Your information: At first glance I would say it enables functionality of Poland's culture bomb ability.

Here I upload quick fix. Unrar and overwrite corresponding old file in your mod/DLC subfolder.
Note this is still my version (just updated for Winter Update) - not the current official version witch some people seem to have problems with, so merging city buttons and production tooltip features are not included.

No city details button nor queueing issues from three posts above are present in my game so I guess it's not this mod wich causes Your' problems (I have Production Queue version from over two weeks ago so maybe newer one does something about collapsing panel issue).

This is all for now. Feel free to ask anything and have a :xmassign:.

Attachments

• CityPanel.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 362
Just for Your information: At first glance I would say it enables functionality of Poland's culture bomb ability.

Here I upload quick fix. Unrar and overwrite corresponding old file in your mod/DLC subfolder.
Note this is still my version (just updated for Winter Update) - not the current official version witch some people seem to have problems with, so merging city buttons and production tooltip features are not included.

No city details button nor queueing issues from three posts above are present in my game so I guess it's not this mod wich causes Your' problems (I have Production Queue version from over two weeks ago so maybe newer one does something about collapsing panel issue).

Thanks for making a quick fix. I'll let you know that I was having problems with your old fix (noted in a comment above) where the toggle to open the City Details panel at the top left was not working. I started a new game as a result. In my new game, turn 38 as I got enough faith for a Pantheon, the button to get the Pantheon did not work. I tried restarting the game, rebooting, starting from an old save - nothing worked. I've had a couple of occasions where, when I start up Civ and try to load a saved game, the Load Game button doesn't work - not sure if that has anything to do with your mod or not...

Will your new fix address any of these issues? I will try using your new fix and start (another) new game since I can't proceed with my last 2 and had to abandon them. Let's hope it works. Thank you for your work on this and hope you have a merry christmas too!

So I use this file to overwrite your version or Yuris?

I haven't been following the mods for a while since I was in the middle of moving out of state to another state.

So I use this file to overwrite your version or Yuris?
Overwrite if using my version.
Overwriting Yuri's version should also not break your game but then you will not get my Production Queue compability NOR Yuri's merging city buttons and production tooltip features. Plus some bugs of Yuri's version reported here. So it's loose-loose option to overwrite Yuri's version. Not recommended.

Hi,
Sometimes these tabs below are unclickable.
  • Manage Citizens and Purchase Tiles
  • Purchase an item with gold.
  • Purchase an item with faith.
  • Chane City Production.
The only way I figured which corrects the bug is save and reload.

Any ideas?

All,

Can anyone confirm if this works with the latest patch (the Aussie patch).

Thx
jonpfl

Works.

Attachments

• UI - CityPanel.rar
    30.9 KB · Views: 248
Top Bottom