1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel November 22 Update

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel

1. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

That's fantastic! I'll see about getting this in before the day ends. How would you like to be credited? Is "Divine Yuri" at the Civfanatics Modding Forums (with link to this thread) sufficient, or do you have any preferred socials?

2. Kabba QuzAi

Kabba QuzAi Chieftain

I'm not really sure why it seems that you were the only one who did it this way. But thanks alot for making your mod work as a DLC. This way we can still use it and get achievements for example!

I suppose it's because it's harder to turn it off/on. But who would want to not use this mod once they've had it once? Right?!

Thanks again mate~

3. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

Achievements aren't disabled by mods in Civ VI, and mods installed as DLCs can be enabled/disabled from the Additional Content menu just like mods installed to the mods folder can, it just depends if the mod author sets it that way in the .modinfo

4. Kabba QuzAi

Kabba QuzAi Chieftain

Hey man, thanks alot for that! I have just now tested with a few mods and I could get an achievement!

Nice knowing that. But still I can't turn this City Panel off from the Main Menu, just like I can't turn Montezumas DLC off!

Anyways, thanks alot for this man :D

5. bladex

bladex Chieftain

can you add it so tooltips show up quicker when hovering over terrain so i can see if a damned hill is under that rainF...

6. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

Oh my god is there a way to delay the building tool tips !

I can't stand scrolling down the building list with 0.0 second tool tip delay !

7. Horem

Horem Chieftain

@Divine Yuri - Would you mind if I include this mod in a Modpack? Full credits will be given.

8. truetom

truetom Chieftain

Which modpack are you creating, Horem, what will be in it? :)

9. Horem

Horem Chieftain

Its just a combination of the current mods I like to play with, soem of them do not play well together, and or the load orders are not right, so I stuck them all in one mod, cant say what will be in it atm, still waiting for people to give permissions :). Also still ironing out the kinks :)

10. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

your job on this is amazing, thank you again. I was thinking, could you add a feature like this to your panel stuff cince it alter the same Lua file : http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/production-queue.25530/
    (that's a production queue) I mean in very large map games, you got plenty of cities, it's kinda crazy good if you have a way to queue production ... So my wish would be to use your awesome mod with this mod at the same time : )

11. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Is there a known conflict between these 2 mods? I was about to download the Production Queue mod, so I'd like to know ahead of time if I'm going to run into problems.

12. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I'm 150 turns in and haven't had any issues with either mod.

13. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

oh that's... well surprising, i think they both edit the ProductionPanel.lua file, im not an expert, but i thought some stuff in it could be erased for one of the mods depending the load order...
    But it's everything works then \o/

14. jacks0n

jacks0n Chieftain

Load order is definitely important when deciding which files of a given mod are used over anothers. I can hardly believe that it's possible to properly use both at the same time with all their features.

15. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I didn't see any conflict between the code in both Production Panel files although @Lozenged did mention noticing one minor thing. However, I haven't noticed anything in-game amiss as of yet. Maybe @Divine Yuri would be willing to take a look and see if there is a problem?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  16. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

Evidently my Production Queue mod loads after this one since they actually work together. The ProductionPanel.xml file included in this mod is identical to the base game one. The ProductionPanel.lua file has a one-line alteration which I don't really believe is necessary, and is certainly not integral to the meat of this mod. As long as Production Queue loads after Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel, the queue will work fine. Divine Yuri may be able to just remove the ProductionPanel parts of it unless there's a crucial reason they need to be there that I am missing.

pesce likes this.
  17. pesce

pesce Chieftain

I second this, I've resorted to commenting these lines out in divine yuris mod.

<!-- <File>UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua</File> -->
    <!-- <File>UI/PProductionPanel.xml</File> -->
    <!-- <File>UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua</File> -->
    <!-- <File>UI/PProductionPanel.xml</File> -->

18. bladex

bladex Chieftain

i take it this needs updating with the patch?

19. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I did some quick testing last night before heading to bed. The only issue that sprang up for me was that the City Manager radio buttons no longer worked.

20. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Every file this mod uses was updated in the patch. Right now the mod breaks a lot of things.