• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[RD] Donald Trump accuses Barack Obama of illegal wiretap; calls for investigation

More like the product of too much McDonalds.

That isn't "interesting," that's merely a thing that happened, which ignorant people are now making ignorant leaps to spout off about in the public square.

A warrant is dropped for lack of evidence and restored after the target joined Trump? Yeah, happens all the time.

A target of a FISA warrant is the worst possible target for illegal political surveillance, because an independent judicial official has jurisdiction over it. You'd want to surveill people who otherwise wouldn't be under the eye of another agency.

Maybe it was legal... But it still means Trump's campaign was being spied on

Which means someone showed a FISA judge enough evidence to conclude that this meant there was criminal activity going on involving Manafort and the Trump campaign. I mean, if you think the story here is that the person running the Trump campaign was surveilled, and not why the person running the Trump campaign was surveilled, than your priorities suck.

I thought the question was why...

A second FISA warrant was obtained in order to resume the surveillance..The article says it is unknown when it resumed.

Yes... the first was allowed to expire for lack of evidence. And the article said it was resumed after Manafort joined Trump.

Last year, Justice Department prosecutors concluded that there wasn't enough evidence to bring charges against Manafort or anyone of the other US subjects in the probe

The Podesta Firm (Hillary's buddies) were also targets, everybody registered as foreign agents I guess and all was well in the swamp.

The FBI then restarted the surveillance after obtaining a new FISA warrant that extended at least into early this year. Sources say the second warrant was part of the FBI's efforts to investigate ties between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives.

There ya go, Manafort was spied on again because he had joined the Trump campaign and the article says its unclear if they ever listened in on Trump's conversations with Manafort.

Sure he was. He claimed Obama had wire tapped Trump in Trump Tower. 1) Presidents don't have the authority to order wire taps. 2) Trump was never put under surveillance. 3) Trump Tower had outsourced its communications to a server in New Jersey--so if there had been wiretapping, it would have been there..

Why are those lies? Sure looks like his people were spied on, I dont care much "if" he was wrong about where the tap was...

Are we reading the same article? The one I quoted above says just the opposite.
Moreover, the FISA court would not issue warrant because someone joined a campaign. The court requires evidence demonstrating probable cause that the subject is colluding with a foreign power.

But the article says Manafort was spied on a 2nd time because he joined Trump. I'm quoting a CNN article posted by innonimatu

So what we actually know so far is that Manafort is a criminal under surveillance and Trump works with hostile foreign powers against American interests.

There ya go, Manafort was spied on again because he had joined the Trump campaign and the article says its unclear if they ever listened in on Trump's conversations with Manafort.
But the article says Manafort was spied on a 2nd time because he joined Trump. I'm quoting a CNN article posted by innonimatu

I'm looking, looking, looking but do not see the word "because."

Maybe it was legal... But it still means Trump's campaign was being spied on

And? Should presidential campaigns and the people who work for them be above the law?

And? Should presidential campaigns and the people who work for them be above the law?
They should certainly not be below it...

No one should be above the Constitution or the laws, only Kings and Dynasty wants that system. The balance between the executive, legislative and judicial branches are important to the existence of our democracy.

Only if they're Republican.

Democrats can't be trusted to give Republicans a fair hearing, and Democrats can't be trusted to rule against their fellow Democrats. Thus, investigations into wrongdoing by Republicans should be run by Republicans, and investigations into wrongdoing by Democrats should be run by Republicans.

Democrats can't be trusted to give Republicans a fair hearing, and Democrats can't be trusted to rule against their fellow Democrats. Thus, investigations into wrongdoing by Republicans should be run by Republicans, and investigations into wrongdoing by Democrats should be run by Republicans.
This but unironically

Then why is Mueller in charge of anything?

J

Mueller is a Republican.

This but unironically

Yes, I know that even so-called "moderate" Republicans are all just fascist bits of filth at this point. That's why I'm pretty sure we're headed for insurgency and possibly full-scale civil war.

This but unironically
Mueller is a Republican.
This whole exchange is just...classic. Thanks guys :D

Iam wondering if the case against Manafort is for organized crime and money laundering
FBI is pretty much turning the screws on him, given that watergate investigation took more then a year. I suspect we wont find out until the end of the investigation. Someone will be eating crow (or Nutraloaf)

Maybe Trump shouldn't pal around with "criminals"

Trump pals around with criminals because he is one himself. The company one keeps says a lot about a person. Everyone in Trump's orbit has spent the last year lying on security clearance forms, lying to Congress, and/or getting raided by the FBI.

I don't know that they'll actually get Trump on this. Something tells me this is not the first time he's been investigated. But I'd bet a chunk of change that Jared is going to prison. Apple, tree, all that.

If Jared goes to prison, it will satisfy me nearly as much as if Trump himself does. I've thought about this. If he breaks his little girl's heart by occasioning the imprisonment of her husband, that will probably actually distress him more than impeachment, even.

President Donald Trump is a Republican, so the 2 Republicans' judgements should be trusted according to your outstanding statement above.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/‘dangerous’-‘utterly-untruthful’-two-retiring-gop-senators-sound-alarm-on-trump/ar-AAu0oHt?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Although John McCain is a moderate Republican, he still fits the party and the state of Arizona.

Top Bottom