Fall From Heaven NES

That's a lot of techs; more than I started out with, I think.

Of course, I think that creating the Undercouncil cost the founding members a bunch of gold, probably more than it was worth.

Wait - who was the goofer that traded Caravans and Sailing for KoE? Worst. Trade. Ever. Especially that first turn, when most people didn't have them. (unless it was me; but I'm 95% sure it wasn't)

For me, I was pretty much always researching with you on techs, but it sounds like you were less than fully honest on the amounts you had the rest of us pay. I know I was charged something like 25 or even 50 gold for techs, none of this 5 gold crap.

that goes without saying...
i WAS giving you a deal... but i paid for my libraries and great library so why should i have to pay for the techs- thats how i thought of it at the time.

EDIT: I think that thomas B (who was playing the amurites before me) focused on tech and when the civil war was done i was given code-of-laws and 2 crusaders. (could be wrong)

Did you buy them, or did you have them ot begin with? Libraries are $$$, mate. Plus I have no idea how thomas managed to pay for the extra city in the first place... weren't they like 500 gold, or something?

i had one, got one for free and bought two. I got the free one for doing someting for thejopa- i forget what it was- something like putting stories together or something... beats me now though :old:

very expensive :(

Well, I salute you, mate. You definately did more with less than anyone else; and if nothing else, you proved that civ growth is exponential. I very much would have liked to see our war; not because I believe I would've won (there was a small chance, but I would have had to be lucky) but because it would have been a very entertaining challenge.

It does make me wonder... how strong was Algeroth when he was attacked? The odds there were, perhaps, less steep than that arrayed against me now, but if nothing else that war proved that a strong nation could be well and truly wrecked by weaker ones.

When I assaulted Kwythellar, the sum total of my army was two Militia, a newly-created Adept, and two fleets. Granted, the Kuriotate Army was occupied elsewhere, but looking back at it I'm astounded at the gall of it. I mean, if the Kuriotates had simply tried to crush me instead of taking on all three of us, it would have been astoundingly easy.

i think if he had turned his back on any one nation it would have cost him- the hippus and dwarves were a danger to him and he acted appropriately... things got tougher though as attrition took its toll.

i wanted to ally with algeroth but he never responded to his PMs until the last possible minute and i didn't want to ally with someone who wasn't letting me in on his plans- also- i didn't like being a vassal (hence why i never tried to vassalize ekolite when we signed our treaty and why i treated him very well despite our differences.)

Perhaps. I think he would have done better to push me away from his capitol and off the mainland, since then he could've sent those troops elsewhere. The effort to keep the Hippus away from Naggarond was great, but he could've used the time it bought him to shift troops north against me.

What really gets me was that we kept offering to make a peace with him, but he refused to even consider surrendering. 'Tis better to live and fight another day than not to live at all, methinks.

yeah- if its real- its a game though and sometimes its just fun to make a mess.

Very impressive stats Immac.
I ended with:

Stability 106
Gold 114
Income 92
Techs: Trade, Mining, Agriculture, Masonry, Hunting, Warfare, Mysticism, Writing, Fishing, Art, KoE, Smelting, Priesthood
Should have gotten Bronze working and Sailing this turn.
Armies: 2 militia, 1 bears, 1 hunters, 1 paramanders, 1 adept.

I had to pay for losses in war and an event by Jopa also emptied part of my trasury so I couldn't build the fourth city I wanted, and then only built mines. I expected to get some money and hurt Tyrs and orange by striking at the smugglers.
I also wanted to pay for Math shared with Loki but never got enough gold to spare.
I didn't think you could run into negative gold, and wouldn't have since it seemed so anti-Khazad.

Also orange, you led offensive wars. I started out with a defensive one, and the loss of one militia was around 50 gold loss. The gains from plunder weren't so great, I should have burnt more and I suppose.

Wow, my stats were... not quite so impressive compared to most everyone else's. I tried to play the shadowy roll, A LOT, but TheJopa didn't seem so keen on it. Could have been my lack of good writing to go with it... It was fun though, I caused quite a mess for a lot of people and most of them didn't even know it, heh. Oh, and those upset dwarfs were me, paid and suggested by Orange. Most Esus, the Undercouncil, and the smuggling were a lot of me too. That and that crazy assassin in Pinea.
Edit: My income as of turn 12 was 58

What was your ending stability, Immac? Because that was also part of my plan, to invade and hope that you eventually collapsed...

And it sounds like invading you was probably the smartest thing I could've done. Waiting would only have made you even stronger, and although I could've picked off some more weaking Grigori cities I still don't know if I could've caught up...

I'm even more curious now to see what some of our other erstwhile fellows had for stats. Just to see where I laid on the power rankings.

Calabim Finishing Stats

Player Kol. 7 Sent orders for Turn 16

Religion FoL (Natural Order)

Government Aristocratic Monarchy

Cultural Values Religion/Natural Order

Economy Crown Property

Labor Slavery

Stability 99 Commerce limit 97 / 120

Gold 69 Balance Domestic Trade Upkeep

Income 93 65 35 -7

Armies

Nubia Defense (MIL, MIL) Tridents Top
Amurite Wiz* (WIZ) Prespur
Agrons Fury (MOR, MOR) Tridents Top

Adepts (ADEPT) Hidden

Techs Trade, Agriculture, Mining, Writing, Warfare, Fishing

KoE, Caravans, Sailing, Priesthood, Code of Laws, Bronze Working, Smelting

Mana Mind

Resources Gems, Wheat

Special Mage project : 30% discount to sorcery and alchemy techs
50% discount to library and alchemy labs
Next mana costs 20G

Oh Yeah I'd forgotten I had this awesome (and extremely cheap) project that allowed me a discount to alchemy and a discount to alhemy labs when I got there. Using combined research me and Immac would have had a great future togeather I think. I'm not sure why I got it for such a cheap price, I think Jopa took pity on my poor position.

Basically It was when I removed barriers to research in the fields of alchemy, necromancy and dark arts, which gave me an influx of mages to hlpe with the old research.

I never actually got any use out of it :(.

Looks like I wasn't as behind in gold as I thought I was, but in military I was very weak.

i think you were pretty strong actually kol... you just had your confidence shaken- i think you were just as strong as the lanun- (which surprises me)

now LOKI- don't be so shy...

What was your ending stability, Immac?

98- i had just bought several temples and thrown the rugby game tournament.

on a different note, this was the diagram i had made for this turn...
What could have been:

and yeah.. i had a wizard off your coast.... floating eye info for the win.. :p
three wizards a a new swordsmen to hold you off (mostly with summons) in the south while a combined arms force meets up with calabim soldiers to attack your capital or your second city depending on results of floating eye info regarding defence

Very nice. I no longer remember just what my orders were, or would have been; I think I was still supposed to have a couple units stay in Pinea for one more turn, and pretty much everyone else was in Hippus lands. What was most likely would have been a move south, toward Acaia (and honestly, I think that if I could've taken it if you moved out as many people as it looks like). My navy was mostly up by the Grigori to pirate, but as i think about it, I'm pretty sure I was going to send a fleet south to the Trident, as a "just in case" thing. I think... it's been a while.

One question: how did you manage to get ships to the Trident?

And, going back a little, you have no idea how happy I was when you decided to give me Rinwel in the embargo trade. I knew that even though it didn't seem to be that big a deal, it would eventually become a base of action for me in the south.

One thing I don't understand is how everyone was so grumpy about the whole smuggling thing. Sure, it cost a little in stability and gold, but was it really any more damaging than Immac's world spell? No one started getting out pitchforks for that... I mean, it would have been a different story if it had continuing detrimental effects, but it never seemed to do so. All it did was quietly funnel some small amount of funds to me, and really, it cost a lot more than it was worth for me and Tyrs. We spent something like 200 gold total on it, and we wouldn't have started to see true profits on it until one or two more turns.

One thing I don't understand is how everyone was so grumpy about the whole smuggling thing. Sure, it cost a little in stability and gold, but was it really any more damaging than Immac's world spell? No one started getting out pitchforks for that... I mean, it would have been a different story if it had continuing detrimental effects, but it never seemed to do so.
Personnally, Immac's world spell caused me zero trouble. He could have cast it every turn I wouldn't have become hostile.
The smuggling caused some losses once and it was hinted that it could have become worse if noone did anything about it. Therefore, it semmed natural that we should be doing something. I thought that showing who was the smugglers would instantly make them far less sympathetic, and make myself more. Particularly if I managed to give hints to people as to where and when to strike in order to seize the smuggled goods, so everyone could have made a small profit at the cost of the original smugglers. I'd have had a sympathy bonus and you some antipathy.

Top Bottom