has anyone gotten "sacrifice" to work in epic?

meltone1

Civophile
If so, could you let me know how you did it? I can't seem to figure it out.. I have the unit checked as "sacrifice" and I checked a particular tech as "enable sacrifice" yet I still don't have the capability once I build the unit and I have the tech.

Slavery only works with Inca/Maya Chasqui Scout/Javelin Thrower, I believe.:) I haven't played as these civs in the epic game, tho, so correct me If I'm wrong.:)

One way I have made it work is to create a unit called Offering that the Aztec's Maya and Inca can build. This unit costs alot, as well as one pop point, but can be sacrificed at the temple. Finaly the central american civs UU's can ensave enemy units and they become Offerings.

But I must admit I have only tested this a limited amount of times.

did you actually get it to work in the epic game? If so, how did you do it? Was there anything else in the editor you have to do besides what I said in my first post?

well, I gave him the ability to join city and I made him cost a pop point. I still can't sacrifice him. Any other suggestions to make this thing work?? :confused:

Make sure you have a "permits sacrifices" tech. You don't need an improvement, but you do need an improvement to double the culture from sacrifices.

does the unit have an icon that allows it to sacrifice? Sorry, I haven't played the meso conquest yet so I don't really know what I am supposed to see.. ( I still haven't gotten it to work, even though I've done everything you guys have said!! :mad: )

on the unit page in the editer sacrifice is in special actions toggle this to on and you will be able to sacrifice that unit for culture, its probably best that you make it a worker as it is automatically created when you capture workers and settlers.

If it doesn't works you have misunderstood me cause i got it to work

does it have to be a worker?

no it doesn't really matter but your people get p*ssed if you keep sacrificing your own units so as workers are default capturable i think its best to make them the sacrifice unit or you could give units the enslave ability and what ever you choose the enslaved unit to turn into make that sacrificable

perhaps you have to enslave the unit first before you can sacrifice them.. I didn't try that. I have jus t been trying to sacrifice a unit that I make out of my own city.

As far as i know you cannot sacrifice your own units at all. Only captured units can be sacrificed. If you know of a way to sacrifice your own units, could you please confirm this? thanks.

Top Bottom