[RD] HuffPost: "I Coined The Term 'Cisgender' 29 Years Ago. Here's What This Controversial Word Really Means."

that's your opinion
Nothing about that picture is sexual. The irony is that you're adding the sexuality into it in your head. The problem there exists between your ears.

It's recorded that many cross dressers are not pretending to be the other gender, but do it for the sexual kick.
Tell me how you concluded that is what's happening in that picture.

It's also recorded that many bishops have sexual tendencies towards younger members of their flock. That does not make a picture of a bishop sexual.

Presumably because they either don't exist, or don't hold up to peer review.
First google search brought me to this one:

One link further gives me this information

Just to show the vast difference between cross dressers and trans-sexuals.
And some of their motives.

I don't know about their peer reviews. Care to review it?

Nothing about that picture is sexual. The irony is that you're adding the sexuality into it in your head. The problem there exists between your ears.

Tell me how you concluded that is what's happening in that picture.

It's also recorded that many bishops have sexual tendencies towards younger members of their flock. That does not make a picture of a bishop sexual.
Ok.
You think it's not sexual.
I do.
Difference of interpretation.

So your stance it that when someone enters the bathroom, they are by default the sex they identify with. Do I understand you right?
Otherwise they wouldn't be.
That is a nice utopia you have there. Ignoring the people who just to get a sexual or power kick.

Just for me to understand.
What makes a trans woman a woman so they can enter a ladies' changing room?
As any cis person who's used the "wrong" bathroom for convenience could tell you, no.

Bathrooms do not come with a gonad-detecting DNA-based scan at the door. Sexual aggressors do not need to change their gender to enter a women's bathroom, they only need to step through the doorway.

First google search brought me to this one:

One link further gives me this information

Just to show the vast difference between cross dressers and trans-sexuals.
And some of their motives.

I don't know about their peer reviews. Care to review it?
Tell me you didn't read the links without telling me you didn't read the links.

To start with, this isn't the same thing drag. To end - read the links. Tell me how it supports your claims.

The fact you just did a Google search proves that you weren't "sorry you couldn't provide links". You didn't have any.

So your stance it that when someone enters the bathroom, they are by default the sex they identify with. Do I understand you right?

You do it every day, I assume? Walk into a men’s restroom just because you say you’re a man?

Ok.
You think it's not sexual.
I do.
Difference of interpretation.

But it isn't interpretation. I used to call myself a crossdresser. I've talked with literally dozens of crossdressers, and dozens of transgender folks, about this exact topic. I've even talked with a few drag performers. I've read multiple books by all three 'categories' (including Ru Paul's book, for what it's worth). Drag queens aren't getting off on performing (and that includes doing book readings) any more than parish priests are getting off on conducting Sunday school lessons.

Where's your 'interpretation' come from? Studies that you found and linked to but didn't actually read yet? I mean, I get that my understanding is based on anecdotal evidence, but it's based on a ***lot*** of it, and my own gut instinct which itself is based on a lot more familiarity and mulling than yours.

I feel like I have to bring up Dee Snider again.

“Ms. Gore claimed that one of my songs, ‘Under the Blade,’ had lyrics encouraging sadomasochism, bondage and rape,” Snider said in pointed turn of his testimony. “The lyrics she quoted have absolutely nothing to do with these topics. On the contrary, the words in question are about surgery and the fear that it instills in people. … I can say categorically that the only sadomasochism, bondage and rape in this song is in the mind of Ms. Gore.”

Trying to talk to a person from Asia suffering from moral panic is like trying to convince the Taliban to let women go out without head covering.

There is no point.

can't help but feel like the whole thing isn't a little bit offensive to the drag queens themselves; I think the kinds of audiences for these things tend to be people that need their progressivism to be on display to the public

If they found it offensive to sit in a library and read to children, why would they do it?

The audience for such events are the children being read to, and kids that age don't tend to care about "progressivism" or even know what it is.

I'm sorry that I can't link the studies done.
But on a forum level I can trust you can do your own research that there's a difference.

FYI: "Google it yourself" is generally considered rude.

This is bullfeathers and an absolute lie, because "masculine" and "feminine" features can often be found in cis people of the "wrong" sex/gender and really the only way to tell is to ask. If this occurs, and it does, it is self-evident that it must also happen with trans people, although I can acknowledge that many trans people are indeed "visibly" so, but this argument is just your run of the mill surface-level transphobic bullfeathers threat we've already seen a thousand times. You can do better.
If you think that a cis woman having broad shoulders is equivalent to a trans woman having a surgically-constructed vagina, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
If you think that a cis woman having broad shoulders is equivalent to a trans woman having a surgically-constructed vagina, then I really don't know what to tell you.

So we’ve now managed to establish that you:

1) don’t know anything about us
2) are grossed out by the abstract notion of our anatomy

what term might we use to refer to someone like that? Someone who is irrationally grossed out at the idea of a particular group of people?

Incidentally this is another classic example of how trans people by their very existence challenge a lot of ingrained ideas about gender and the human body. You’re framing this like there is one type of vagina which is “natural” and another type that is unnatural, and the distinctions between the two are immediately apparent. But this is a false image. There is a massive ocean of variation in vaginas, just as there is in faces, feet, legs, and penises. That you could tell the difference between a vagina and a neovagina is entirely premised on there being exactly one presentation of vagina to compare to exactly one presentation of neovagina, when that isn’t true at all, neither of neovaginas nor of cis vaginas. And thinking or presuming so is just a product of sexism and patriarchy, even before you bring us into the conversation.

Last edited:
Oh my God this is just completely absurd. Like I don’t know where to begin, you’re in some bizarre alternate reality. We go from something along the lines of sex differences don’t exist because Bea Arthur had a deeper voice than me to surgically constructed vaginas are no different from natural ones.

And for the record I don’t think I could tell the difference but it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

And for the record I don’t think I could tell the difference but it doesn’t mean it’s not there.
This isn't the home run you think it is.

If you can't tell the difference, there's no difference. Because the threshold of "difference" is based on our perception of things. Which is exactly what Sophie was saying about feet, legs, and so on.

Look at how TF went from "it's possible to not want to date a trans person" to "surgically-constructed vagina" in two posts. One argument isn't the other. Are you sure that's the logic you want to go to bat for? Nobody's making you, I just thought I'd check.

This isn't the home run you think it is.

If you can't tell the difference, there's no difference. Because the threshold of "difference" is based on our perception of things. Which is exactly what Sophie was saying about feet, legs, and so on.

Look at how TF went from "it's possible to not want to date a trans person" to "surgically-constructed vagina" in two posts. One argument isn't the other. Are you sure that's the logic you want to go to bat for? Nobody's making you, I just thought I'd check.

That’s not true. If I can’t tell the difference between a plastic cup and a glass one it doesn’t mean there’s no difference .

Top Bottom