IMPORTANT: New Admins, Senior Moderators, and more

It would show you my last post in a forum you can see.

The forum software is just a little bit more intelligent than that....;)

Maybe you could encourage spammers to legitimately report posts by enabling post count where the report post function goes? :lol:
Wouldn't have worked.

The reported post threads are booked under the CFC bot user, and thus even if PC is enabled for that forum, they wouldn't have gone to the respective reporting posters. :p

Hey, Methos got added to Forum Games! Congratulations on that

Anyone else get added anywhere that I've missed?

Brighteye said:
Congrats Plotinus, mah more knowledgable brotha! I am starting the Poltinus fan club. Becuase he's awesome at ancient history-related stuff.

Too late. You can join the existing one though, for a nominal* fee.
Well done to all. The site is great.

*ten (10) per cent of monthly income

How much of that do I get?

Bigfoot3814 said:
We'll get in there, sometime... somehow... :mischief:
I'm sure at least one person has spent obscene amounts of time trying.

Why are people always so keen to break into the moderators' area? Presumably because they are all convinced that the moderators spend all their time discussing them... If egos generated power, you could run Mexico City on this site.

Wouldn't have worked.

The reported post threads are booked under the CFC bot user, and thus even if PC is enabled for that forum, they wouldn't have gone to the respective reporting posters. :p
Whatever happened to civic duty? :(

Can mods see who's reported stuff? Or does it just come up as "CFCbot" or w/e his name is?

Why are people always so keen to break into the moderators' area? Presumably because they are all convinced that the moderators spend all their time discussing them... If egos generated power, you could run Mexico City on this site.
Not really, we just wanna know what goes on in the secret club!

It's forbidden fruit. :)

And it's an official brand of gossip. That's very shiny.

It's forbidden fruit. :)

And it's an official brand of gossip. That's very shiny.

Making anything "official" tends to take all the fun out of it. :(

Well it is hardly the hotbed of bad posting. I rarely see anything that is close to being reportable, but I only stay in the football threads and the worst it gets is gentle banter between opposition supporters.

That's not the point. Every forum should be moderated by someone, or at least every major forum (which Sports Talk is). Suppose a spambot posts there. If what Turner says is still the case, then the admins would have to deal with the reported post, and that's rather inefficient. This also applies for deleting double-posts and all those other mundane things a mod can do.

And besides, not being 'the hotbed of bad posting' hasn't been a barrier before. Science and Technology has a moderator: who's going to start flamewars in Science and Technology? Other Civ-Related Sites has a moderator and so does the Civ I section. Site Feedback has a designated moderator, even if it is Thunderfall, and what spammer in his right mind would spam here? The way I see it, Sports Talk is much more likely to spawn a flamewar or troll OP than any of these forums. (And there have been some of the latter, too, mostly about how 'American football sucks'.)

Top Bottom