In What Electronic Entertainment Have You Been Partaking #19: Cyberpunked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 20 games in Steam and mostly play just one. Pretty simple and easy.

I have yet to enjoy any of those games. :thumbsdown: The word "pre-order" is now the kiss of death for me. :vomit:

Funny thing. I had to 'pre-order' a board game because the first printing was sold out. I received what I ordered a few months later.

I was confused at first too, but I guess there are actually different contexts the word can be used in.

Finished my (mostly) no-death run though Far Cry missions 1–19.

(I say "mostly" because the Swamp and Dam missions both include pretty-much-totally-random-success-probability sections — so having completed those, when I got killed later on, I re-started from that autosave-point, rather than the beginning of the mission)

Not even going to bother trying to do Mission 20 in one run. On Realistic, that one's a string of 4 pretty-much-totally-random-success-probability sections, back-to-back.

So, now back to Civ III, Tides of Crimson mod (v.2.2). The Frostlings must triumph!

Last edited:
I'm playing Civ IV

For 125 years, my Americans have been battling the invading Khmer. :ar15:They've launched fruitless assaults against my 3 westernmost cities. I tried a counterattack against one of theirs. Lots of dead bodies. :shake: I now have riflemen and am working towards railroads.

I have so many games in my steam library now that I had to add a new category "Choo Choo" just for the railroad games.
Nice! Transport Tycoon can make you friends or lose you them.

I have so many games in my steam library now that I had to add a new category "Choo Choo" just for the railroad games.

The railroad games? What do you mean?

Just wasted a day in Fallout 4 (30 minutes realtime).
Built a roof for 1 of the Sanctuary houses. Looked sturdy, practical, but not so good as to be totally out of place post-apocalypse.
Had a platform over the old carport so I decided to add a stairway to it and a railing. As I finish up realise that the railing set I used has a gap at 1 corner I can't get rid of and I can't put a railing on the stairs (although the set has a sloping railing piece). Since I didn't save before adding the stairs and railing I'm going to have to redo the whole roof :cry:

my roofs for the sanctuary houses were just wooden decks.
Usually i just build a new house for the residents
ScreenShot11.png

'Biomutant' Is A Beautiful Game, But It Might Be Best For Beginners

KELLER GORDON

Biomutant gives players a beautiful open world to explore.

Experiment 101
When I first saw the trailers for Biomutant, I couldn't help but think it could become an all-time favorite of mine. The previews had exactly what I wanted: a vibrant open world, buttery slice-and-dice combat, and elements of fantasy that engross you as soon as you take your first steps.

I was ready to dive controller-first into this post-post-apocalyptic adventure.

And so I did, with high expectations, knowing that this game had been in production for a while, and that when a team of developers take their time, beautiful things can happen — and if you followed the Cyberpunk saga, what can happen if you rush.

So why wasn't Biomutant great, and why didn't I love this game after clocking in the hours? It had the recipe for success, and a dedicated team testing and optimizing since 2017, so why didn't it captivate me like I believed it would?

From a zoomed-out perspective, Biomutant's world is sprawling and beautiful. Visually, developers Experiment 101 expertly crafted a vision of our planet long after human beings destroyed it with pollution and negligence. When you look over a tall cliff, you see the Tree of Life towering in the distance, breathing vitality into the forests connected to it. On the ground, mutant creatures split off into different factions and tribes have taken over what humans left behind. It's clear that this project was a massive undertaking, especially for a small team like Experiment 101.

The rest is in the link.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/1002...tiful-game-but-it-might-be-best-for-beginners

View attachment 598604
Quite pretty!
I always tell myself I will make proper houses for my scum valued villagers but I always get lazy and make some crude shacks with as many beds shoved in as I can.

Quite pretty!
I always tell myself I will make proper houses for my scum valued villagers but I always get lazy and make some crude shacks with as many beds shoved in as I can.

Heh I do the same but I have a basic build that looks ok.

This is how my Starlight Drive In tower block usually looks like. Has 20 apartments.
ScreenShot137.png

View attachment 598604

I vary. Sometimes I let them build their own shacks using SimSettlements, sometimes those are too ramshackle so I build them something basic but servicable, sometimes I level Sanctuary demolishing everything, other times I spend ages patching holes in walls and roof. I'm doing the last atm. The carports I'm turning into little siderooms using Sanctuary-style walls from a mod cos I figure there would be plenty of those salvageable from the ruined houses, then sticking platforms on the top for windmills

'Biomutant' Is A Beautiful Game, But It Might Be Best For Beginners

KELLER GORDON

Biomutant gives players a beautiful open world to explore.

The rest is in the link.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/1002...tiful-game-but-it-might-be-best-for-beginners

ManyATrueNerd describes it as All fur coat and no knickers which suggests more style than substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom