1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 2 - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, May 24, 2012.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Not much. Just an Ottoman-West European War.
    With US intervention, of course.

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

The rest are content with building Defensive Pacts or staying Neutral.

3. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Okay, quick summation:

Literally nothing is happening in Africa and South America.
    In Asia, Mongolia is being a theocratic Buddhist nut. Aside from that nothing interesting that I can see.
    In Europe, I&B2 has failed to escape the First Turn's War that's oh so abundant in IOTs as you know. For whatever reason, the Bosnia leads(At least I think they lead) a war with Istanbul(Not Constantinople), with Ottoman and Moscovy supporters. Hejaz counter-DoWs the aggressors citing a defensive pact, as does France.
    MEANWHILE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD The USA decides it's perfectly logical to honor a defensive pact when Bosnia is counter-DoW'd by France and Hejaz. Oh yeah, Mediterranea does basically the same thing, except with a DP with America... or something. I don't know.

My questions regarding the matter have still not been answered seriously.

4. JohannaK

It was all a secret alliance. And the war was started by the Ottomans.

5. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Not the Ottomans, The Sublime State of the Turks. Using the term Ottomans will only get confusing as Istanbul could also be called the Ottomans.

6. MaxaTheGreat

MaxaTheGreat Feel Prussian Iron!

7. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Some random titbits of information about our glorious nation :D

New Karaman
    Founded in 1522 this was the first permanent settlement in Venedicıya as well as the first on the continent. The city is named after the home town of the first Ottoman explorer of the coast of South America, Piri Reis. The original settlement was attacked and destroyed in 1534 by a native tribe. It was rebuilt in 1551 with an increased defensive system. The attacks continued throughout the 16th century but as the inland area was colonised the attacks became less frequent and weaker allowing the city to grow and become a major port for the area. Several forts remain around the old city as a monument to this time. In 1675 a grand governor’s palace was built in the city and it was made capital of the Eyalet of Venedicıya. After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and the independence of Venedicıya, New Karaman was named the capital of the nation with the governors Palace as the new parliament.

Symbolism in the Venedician state flag
    After independence was declared by Venediciya the government hired the famous flag creator Yusuf Heper, creater of the Scandinavian flag to design a new flag for the nation. A Venedician himself Yusuf created a flag packed with symbolism. The flag trigger whole year to create during this interim period Venedicıya used a slightly altered Ottoman flag.
    The red bar at the bottom of the flag is to represent the courage of the Turkish people. The centre blue of the flag symbolises the Atlantic Ocean, which separates the Venedicians from their homeland in Anatolia. This separation is more than just physical though it also signifies the separation of Venedicıya from the old world as an independent state. The yellow the top is representative of the riches of the land which manages the fits.
    In the centre of the flag a crescent moon and seven stars sit. The crescent is traditional in Turkish flags and also symbolises that this is a Muslim nation. The seven stars represent the seven stages of the Venedician people. The first star is for the formation of the Turkish people in the Steppe of Asia. The second is for the preaching’s of Muhammad, peace be upon him, reaching the ears of the people and their conversion to the true faith. The third represents the creation of the Turkish Seljuk Empire, the first great Turkish Empire who rising from lowly mercenaries took control of much of the Middle East and Persia. The next star is for Turkish settlement of Anatolia where through Seljuk expansion Turks became the majority of the people and a homeland was created. The next star is for the creation of the Ottoman Empire fighting of both the Mongols and the Byzantium in order to begin the greatest empire the world has ever seen. The next symbolises the fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans the crown of the empire. The second to last star symbolises the discovery and settlement of the Venedician land by Piri Reis. the final represents the state declaring independence, beginning a new age for the people within it.

8. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

The Israeli King, enjoying the sunlight on the balcony overlooking the Temple Mount complex in Jerusalem, asked his assistant to bring in the new census reports. As he sipped his coffee, he looked over the population info for the The Lord Our G-d's Most Beloved Nation of His People. Comparing it to other developing countries, he was pleased to see that Israel had the highest immigration rate in the world. And even better, the influx of new people was almost entirely Jewish. Excellent he thought. This would weaken the ICIF for sure. Now on to the next section of the report: Emigration. He noted that Israel held a distinct honor of reporting the highest immigration and emigration rates in the world. Of course, most of the emigrants were Muslims and some Christians. Only a few years as an independent nation and the population was already stabilizing. If these trends continue, Israel will be entirely Jewish. The King smiled to himself. That was what he had hoped for all along. Unfortunately, there were those few minorities who had pledged to stay in their homes no matter what the Israeli government did to them. The King knew his nation would never be pure if these people remained. Nevertheless, the recent reports showed a growing population, and a shrinking Christian/Muslim population, just what a successful Israel would need.

9. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

OOC:To be fair, I started this war...
    OOC:I have an even better reason as not to call my nation Ottomans, they are merely a faction that isn't in power atm.

10. JohannaK

Le whatever. But so far this war involves the old Ottoman Empire, Russia, France, Mediterranea and UNSA. So, Ottoman-West European War with American Intervention... yeah, it's not a nice name ;)

11. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Wow, a WW1 in first turn. And it starts in Balkans.

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

As is customary we will figure out a name once the war is over.

13. JohannaK

Bah. Naming events after they happen is for the weak.

14. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Here in Gonder we're already calling it the War of Some Damned Foolish Thing in the Balkans. :D

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

The War of Ottoman Succession sounds more like it, since really this conflict revolves about some arcane dispute over the legitimacy of various states' succession from the old Ottoman Empire and these states various alliance structures (chain gang war for the win).

16. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

In Mongolia the war is called: World War.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Its hardly a world war when Africa, most of Asia and the America's are unnaffected. Its an entirely european affair save for the UNSA's expeditionary force.

18. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

I'm thinking the same thing.

But by Celestia's light and Luna's guiding hand I shall persevere, through the trials of peace and the fires of war, in the scorching heat of day and the chill of night, o'er the seas and across the plains, neither rain nor snow nor storm shall stop me now. My faith a mountain, my endurance a tempest, lest the land boils and the sky falls in, 'tis my struggle. March, march!

By the way, if Double A wants to take over, that'd be fine.

19. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

I said "at least I think they do" didn't I?

20. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

well yeah, so I corrected you ;) you don't have to feel attacked by that :)