1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 2 - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, May 24, 2012.

1. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

France chooses Option1: Massena.

2. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

The UNSA chooses Option 1

3. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

The Caliphate chooses Option 2: Enact Conscription.

4. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

The United Northern States of America offers white peace and a pact of Non-Aggression to the Papal States, Istanbul, the Caliphate, and Israel. The United Northern States of America has no qualms with these four nations, and the previous president declared war in a blatant act of aggression, which I apologize for. However, I do not wish for peace yet with France, or Muscovy. The former because of their declaration being after the pact between Bosnia and the United Northern States of America was signed and therefore my predecessor's declaration against them was justified, the latter being because of Muscovy betrayal, lack of honor, and act of aggression, which shall not go unpunished.
    -President Curtis Jonston

5. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

I suppose you don't clearly understand Muscovy's position. I was aligned with Istanbul (a non-aggression pact) before the Handschar alliance was formed; I was quite shocked when a state of war was declared, but I followed suit so I would have allies for the time being. I had already made an agreement with Istanbul, to honour our NAP while we were at war. I wasn't terribly pleased with my allies' aggression, so I decided to help Istanbul out. It wasn't a lack of honour; it was honouring prior agreements. It wasn't an act of aggression; I was helping STOP an act of aggression.
    It seems like you are the one without honour, as you declared war on a nation across the sea just to make a land grab with your Catalonian friends. I think it is time you put this entire war to rest; your military is shattered, you're surrounded on all sides, in your own homeland, and with that drastic reduce in land strength, well... who knows what your neighbors will do?

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

The Papal States, while not currently at war with the UNSA (since we only dow'ed Bosnia) can not accept a pact of non-agression with you in lieu of your insistence at perpetuating war against our Catholic brothers in France, whom you yourself declared war on, on the insubstantial basis of an unorthodox understanding of what counts as "defensive" in a defensive pact.

The Papal States urges the UNSA to cease and desist in its aggression against France, lest the Papal States be forced to reasess our current cordial relatons with your nation in the years ahead.

7. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Can I ask if I am reading this correctly? You said that you joined the war on the enemies' side, knowing you had an NAP so that you could be safe, and then you turn around and join your allies against the Handschar alliance which you were a part of to "stop aggression", even though the simplest method could have been to either stay on one side, or not fight at all? Also, last I checked, a defensive pact doesn't mean I'm trying for a land grab. It means I am upholding my promise.

Unfortunately, unless France wishes to at least offer white peace to Bosnia and apologize for its aggression, I will not stand down against them.
    Also, I am sorry if I mis-worded that part f the message, as I was tired, but I meant a non-aggression pact and/or white peace, I was just sending it to all members of this unfortunate war.
    -President Curtis Jonston

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

France was not engaged in any act of aggression against Bosnia, and merely was upholding its defensive pact with Istanbul. America uses false reasoning in construing that as aggression, just as it uses false reasoning in applying the principles of its own supposed defensive pact with the Bosnia to the defensive response of France to Bosnian acts of aggression against Istanbul.

Bosnia and its allies are the aggressors in this war, and America in insisting upon its own position on the flimsiest of justifications makes itself morally equivalent to the aggressors who begun this conflict in the balkans. The Holy See shall henceforth refrain from diplomatic engagement with the UNSA until such time as the UNSA retires from the conflict, or until the war otherwise ends.

9. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Tuetonic two cents:

Except you honored a Defensive Pact for a blatantly agressive war that your Allies started. The UNSA's so-called honor is pretty phony all things considered.

10. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

If you insist on continuing to fight against our allies in Paris and Moscow, then I'm sorry, we must decline this peace proposal.

Come back when you've thought up a better proposal, or don't come back at all.

11. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

Israel chooses option 2.

12. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

OOC: I'm confused. What did this war even start for in the first place? What I got was that somebody DOW'd Istanbul for claiming to be a "free city" and still controlling 3 provinces, which is a pretty crappy reason to start a continental war for, so...

13. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Here's a decent outline for the war:

Bosnia and Turkey declare war on me last turn, claiming that I unrightfully hold onto the capital of the Ottoman Empire, even though they are pretenders themselves. Russia also joins in, but as we all know by now, was disgusted by their act of aggression and sympathized with me.

I wasn't dumb and realized this situation could get hot really fast, and signed a defensive pact with France, the Papal States, and Arabia before this broke out. France and Arabia come to my aid last turn.

Bosnia and Turkey, realizing this wasn't going to be the quick war they imagined, call upon their defensive allies of America and Catalonia in hopes of bringing them into the war, and it works. American and Catalonia join the offensive war under the pretense of a defensive pact, a strange move that drew criticism from across the globe.

Move onto next turn, their offensive fails miserably in both France and Istanbul, only grabbing two small provinces. The Papal States, Russia, and Israel join in on my side. Their alliance crumbles, with Catalonia suing for peace as well as America.

And that's where we are now. Strange war I must say.

14. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

It was, in essence, a land grab on Bosnia and Turkey's part.

15. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Those Europeans are crazy!

16. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

Azadistan chooses option 2.

17. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Somebody record this! This is the first time I have ever seen Christos capitalize things properly! :eek:

18. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

Good Golly Gosh... Whatever next?

19. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Venediciya chooses Option 3

20. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

IC:
    The petty lords of Europe fight over meaningless plots of land to no end, forcing their good people to die for what? For ascendancy to the empire that best exemplifies their folly and corruptness. That of the Ottoman Turks, whose sultans, through sheer negligence squandered a nation from Lybia to Iraq. Indeed the plague that is Europe is more than just slavery, a symptom so bad that even they are disgusted. Their chains go deeper! They fight to no end and no cause, meaning that the death of some petty archduke can set off a global war. Even normal people under their corrupt lordship are treated as slaves to be thrown on the wind. We will win because we have a cause and a purpose, we will win because we do not march in chains!

No true Paraguayan will ever follow the chainmakers, whose spies have infiltrated our nation.
    Option 1: Begone opposition! Traitors an liers, failiures to the revolution, flee to your masters, you cannot hide long!