it's been three months, what do you think of the forum split?

do you like the forum split?

• yes

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • no

Votes: 60 68.2%

• Total voters
Wasn't some of the slowdown in OT caused by the creation of social groups anyway?

I still think it's working really well. A great improvement in both directions. As others have said, quantity is down, but I don't think that's such a bad problem.

It was the best thing that ever happened to OT.

I also respect the fact that the odd short, lighthearted post is allowed in the chamber without the hammer coming down as long as it's not overdone. Posters seem to self-moderate which ultimately is the ideal.

I think red diamond threads did that pretty well, they just weren't used as much as they should have been.

I thought it was stupid and I still think it was stupid. The best thing about OT was the volume of posts...and this, along with the terrible server, have shrunk both forums. It's also still unclear where to post certain topics.

Ban the top 5% of offenders, merge the forums, use ther red diamond, problem solved.

What I wrote in the first thread JR linked pretty much sums up why I like New OT:
Me said:
I want all of those things at different times and I want to opt in to those things when I feel like it.

The Chamber and Tavern give me a chance to pick serious stuff when I want serious stuff, and frivolous stuff when I want frivolous stuff.

I think it's naive to think that any sort of forum organisation is going to improve the quality of discussion in OT.

As long as Our Usual Suspects; the trolls and other problem posters, are still around.

I don't really have a problem with the split, but it would be nice if the mods would actually enforce the more stringent rules in the threads, (such as several rather vulgar and distasteful comments in the Islam thread).

Unless the mods are very active, the difference between the two off topic forums is damn near indiscernable. Only the red diamond threads see any real increase in standards. In addition to that, the failure to deliver on the promised forum consolidation does NOT help the situation. Then there was the pathetic 'April Fool's Day' implementation.

The whole endeavour was blown right from the start.

I like it but with the caveat that this part of the forum should of been called The Chamber Pot.

Top Bottom