New NESes, ideas, development, etc

There won't be a pre-thread. Any claims made here will be respected upon launch. Of course, I hope you realize the majority of human population concentration and agricultural productivity will be on the major rivers, primarily the big one, and not at the far flung coasts.

Lime Green is me!!!!!

For a moment I thought that was Jerry Seinfeld and I was really confused.

Luckymoose, I've been working on a culture I'm dying to show you so I'll bother you a bit tonight I think.

Lucky, I'll officially reserve the spot on the second tributary of the main river, just above the little island.

Also -- the map for this will be done this weekend.

I'm taking that bit of what seems to be another continent in the far north-west corner.

I'm thinking of creating a NES based on the colonization of a specific planet. It can be done in two ways:

-First Person: Each player creates a character, giving the NES the style of an RPG. Players would influence the course of a single colony established on a hostile planet, after the fall of their mothership. Unfortunately I've never seen a NES of this type survive for long.

-Factions: Each player take control of a colonization expedition, whether financed by governments, corporations or wealthy individuals. The NES then would focus on the struggle between the different factions for the control of the strategic resources of the planet. Alliances, betrayals, fights, exploration, etc.. This would become something like Botwawki 2.6 of EQandcivfanatic, but on another planet.

I would like to hear your thoughts, to find out if the theme is interesting, and what is the best model.

Hi, Golden1Knight!

I also like the second option a lot better. I've recently been emptying my inbox and I found some NES orders dating from years back. There were some orders from a NES by Abaddon about colonizing Alpha Centauri. It didn't get very far, but you might want to take a look at it.

Ok so I'm (hopefully) gonna be starting my own NES soon. This will be a business simulator set in America in the mid 50s. The stats are below but I want to know if people are interested or not, but didn't want to make a pre-NES thread because it felt premature. Any thoughts?
Spoiler :

Stats:
Treasury-
Gross Income-
Expenses-
Profit-
Loan Amount-
Product(s)-
HQ Location-
Factory/Production Location(s)-
Political Capital-
Transportation-
X Cars X Ships X Planes
Competition-
-Technology-

Average Worker Stats:
Work Hours-
Weekly Wage-
Satisfaction-

Hi, Golden1Knight!

I also like the second option a lot better. I've recently been emptying my inbox and I found some NES orders dating from years back. There were some orders from a NES by Abaddon about colonizing Alpha Centauri. It didn't get very far, but you might want to take a look at it.

Thank you! I'll give it a read.

When I posted the cradle climate map before, I'd accidentally posted a zoomed in version. Here is the accurate one:

with claims

I'd be interested in the strait to the south west of Azale and Shadowbound, if you'll have me.

Top Bottom