Once America Elects Supreme Overlord Trump

I couldn't get any further off the grid than I am already, but I'll feel more justified than ever about having made that choice. If Clinton wins I might rehabilitate, especially if it looks like she will be getting something other than a total stonewall from congress at some point.

I couldn't get any further off the grid than I am already, but I'll feel more justified than ever about having made that choice. If Clinton wins I might rehabilitate, especially if it looks like she will be getting something other than a total stonewall from congress at some point.

That's obviously not true. You have internet access.

It is good that you say if Clinton wins. That shows a bit of growth.

J

NAFTA has majority support from the "establishment" of both major parties. It's quite unlikely he would manage to get Congress repeal it, especially when it only takes 41 Senate votes to block legislation and filibusters can just be phoned in.

As for people leaving the US, that is always just talk. Not even President Trump would manage to convince very many people to leave the country for political reasons. In practice, people migrate for reasons that make sense within their own lives, not because their party lost an election. If migrating makes sense for some sort of financial reason, such as getting a job there, then look into it; if not, don't.

And it's not like Canada is much of a refuge. It's well-established that they're just like the US, but a few years behind the times. So when W. was reelected in 2004, people talked about fleeing to Canada. But the next year, the Canadians elected Canadian Bush, from Canadian Texas*, and they kept him for 9 years. Now they have a PM with 'hope and change' type behavior, but they decided to just make him be from a political family rather than bothering to use a PM who did not have family political connections, or non-pale skin. They're one or two elections away from voting in someone with the slogan "How Aboat We Make Canada Great Again, Eh?"

*Not to be confused with Canadian, Texas.

That's obviously not true. You have internet access.

It is good that you say if Clinton wins. That shows a bit of growth.

J

Internet access can be done without any connection to a physical person. Connecting through public access in libraries or Starbucks. Connecting through an ISP that is in someone else's name. Being off the grid doesn't require living in a cave.

Your harping on the if shows nothing more than your usual under the bridge behavior.

The more unhappy Americans may grumble about it and talk about leaving the country, but then they see the big undertaking and the sacrifice involved and they won't actually do it.

I'd be very unhappy if Trump won, but I wouldn't dream of leaving. I'm American, this is my country. What kind of citizen would I be if I upped and left when things didn't go my way?

Personally I think those who would leave should go right ahead...if they care that little about their own country frankly we're all better off with them elsewhere.

any language barriers? If so, get to work on that right now. No Civ 6 for you.

That's a sacrifice I'm not willing to make!

This is the guy who would be getting the codes to the red button. Enough said.

If Trump becomes President it won't be "my country" anymore, it will be some illegitimate warlord whose minions I will resist violently.

I've been thinking about moving to the EU even before Drumpf popped up, so that isn't a plan of mine that would hinge on the election. It might motivate me a bit more, though.

Spoken like a true Sovereign Citizen.

Exactly. All that stuff would be totally worth getting into if DJT was elected. I would cease to consider the US system of government as having any legitimacy whatsoever if it actually led to such a man becoming head of state.

Exactly. All that stuff would be totally worth getting into if DJT was elected. I would cease to consider the US system of government as having any legitimacy whatsoever if it actually led to such a man becoming head of state.

You are a surprisingly tolerant man. I bailed at the reelection of GWBush.

Overall belief in the legitimacy of the US government will be a major casualty of this election no matter who wins. Legitimacy has been doing poorly since 2000, but this election seems to represent the biggest step down since Bush v. Gore. I will say that Trump's supporters are going to be rather more dangerous if they lose and Trump calls shenanigans (as he has promised) than Clinton's will, given how well-armed they are.

I am a fan of interesting times, in the apocryphal Chinese sense. And I reiterate my support for fiddling while Rome burns. We shall see... :popcorn:

Is Trump planning on re-instating the draft?

I sure hope not. I'm 18 and unless a country is sending troops to U.S soil and has a decent chance of conquering a large part of the U.S. I don't really want to be involved in a war.

Top Bottom