one pill, two pill, red pill, blue pill

I'd take both, just to see what would happen if you defied the binary.

I'm the sort of person who seeks out his own delusions and crushes them ruthlessly when they are spotted, no matter how uplifting the delusion was. I'm definitely a red pill kind of guy.

Red Pill definitely. I'd want to see what the real world was like.

If I take the blue pill I'm subject to the same constraints of the simulation, I've still got to work so I can afford to buy simulated food or I'll die etc. I can't do anything crazy or illegal since I can still be killed or imprisoned, and everyone else thinks the simulation is real.

There's no point me trying to better the world or leave a legacy since I know this is just a simulation that will eventually be rebooted (although thinking about it the same could apply to the real world, if you take a long enough view).

A more tricky question is what you would do if you're cipher, you've seen the the real world and how horrible it is, and are given the chance to go back to the simulation as a millionaire. That's a bit more tempting.

I feel like I have taken the red pill. I'm not sure whether I would do that had I known what I would see.

I feel pity on all that has accepted the dreadful red pill. The dreadful existance, life without reward or meaning .... as I have said before and the statement prevails - blue pill.... if only someone would offer me a blue plill .... please .....

I wish there was a poll. :( For most of my life I would take the Red pill. I even use to say I want to know the truth no matter what the cost. Now I would take the Blue pill. Even the real world is just a different kind of illusion. It's just matter and matter is just empty space and energy just like the Matrix.

Red Pill definitely. I'd want to see what the real world was like.

If I take the blue pill I'm subject to the same constraints of the simulation, I've still got to work so I can afford to buy simulated food or I'll die etc. I can't do anything crazy or illegal since I can still be killed or imprisoned, and everyone else thinks the simulation is real.

There's no point me trying to better the world or leave a legacy since I know this is just a simulation that will eventually be rebooted (although thinking about it the same could apply to the real world, if you take a long enough view).

A more tricky question is what you would do if you're cipher, you've seen the the real world and how horrible it is, and are given the chance to go back to the simulation as a millionaire. That's a bit more tempting.

But if you took the blue pill you would no longer be aware that you were in a simulation and you would go right back to believing it was the "real world" just like everyone else.

I must say that I actually sympathized with Cipher. I especially liked his line that in some ways the Matrix is actually more real than the "real world". As he said to Trinity: "Here all I have to do is pull a plug, in there you have to watch Apoc die".

I must say that I actually sympathized with Cipher. I especially liked his line that in some ways the Matrix is actually more real than the "real world". As he said to Trinity: "Here all I have to do is pull a plug, in there you have to watch Apoc die".

This reminds me of an anime of all things. While this anime in question garnered fame/notoriety for other, more interesting reasons (toothbrushing wincest), one of the main themes explored was the nature of the real and the fake. A question that was raised was whether the real or fake was more valuable. One argument was that the real is more valuable because, well, it's real. Another is that both are of equal value. The last viewpoint is that the fake is more valuable, for in its attempt to become real, it becomes more real than the real thing*. Or something like that, it's been a while since I watched that.

EDIT:
*cf Skyrim, for those of you've played the main quest, when Paarthunax or whatever it's spelled asks whether it's better to be born good or to overcome your evil to become good

You have to remember I think that Neo was not at all content with his life and could see glimpses of the Matrix here and there already. He just didn't know what it was.

He was the one. I mean, obviously.. but then in this scenario am I to assume that I am also the one? Because if so, then screw the fake world. Even if I'm put back into the matrix and my memory is wiped, I will feel the matrix there. It will bug me.. like somebody scratching a chalkboard somewhere far away. That's what happened to Neo and that's what would happen to me. I would choose the red pill and fight for humanity.

But if I'm not the one and I'm 100% myself, plain old me, then I would probably want to stick to this life. Why? Well, I really like exploring our planet, eating bacon, meeting girls, eating soup, and so on. Let the good times continue rolling!! Then when I "die" I'll wake up in the real world or reincarnate or whatever and maybe one day another guy will come up to me and offer me some pills.

Well, Trinity wasn't The One and she was still superhuman whenever she jacked into the Matrix.

If I could take the red pill and routinely jack back into the simulation and play superhero, helping people out however I could, I would totally do it.

Besides, nobody said the protein paste tasted bad.

Red Pill definitely. I'd want to see what the real world was like

How would you know it's the real world?
For that matter, how woul you know the Blue world is really a fake? Maybe the red pill actually puts you in the Mother Of All Drug Trips, and the blue pill just makes you forget.

Once you accept that it's possible to fake a universe, there is no reason to assume any given universe is the real reality.

Feeding me dissolved babies intravenously would be the deal maker if I knew about it. Red pill... Then again leaving my family behind would be impossible. Blue pill... Immovable object, irresistible force.

Feeding me dissolved babies intravenously would be the deal maker if I knew about it. Red pill... Then again leaving my family behind would be impossible. Blue pill... Immovable object, irresistible force.

I take it that You are a blue pill man than .... welcome to the club ....

They didn't feed people dissolved babies, they fed dissolved corpses to those that were still alive. So anybody that died for any reason had their body recycled and used as food for everyone else.

I'd take both, just to see what would happen if you defied the binary.

There are only 10 people that can understand binary : 1 , 0 , and that makes a total of 10 ;)

PS. Or should I say 0010 (hint xD)

There are only 10 people that can understand binary : 1 , 0 , and that makes a total of 10 ;)

PS. Or should I say 0010 (hint xD)

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They didn't feed people dissolved babies, they fed dissolved corpses to those that were still alive. So anybody that died for any reason had their body recycled and used as food for everyone else.

They showed a baby...but my old music teacher when I was in Junior High would have sufficed. I wouldn't want to imbibe her in any manner.

They showed a baby...but my old music teacher when I was in Junior High would have sufficed. I wouldn't want to imbibe her in any manner.

When they showed the baby they were showing the baby being fed, not being dissolved to be fed to others. It would be pretty counter-productive of the machines to kill babies seeing as he whole reason they were using humans is because we are an easily renewable resource.

Top Bottom