There is no automation command you can give builders in Civ VI. And, since builders only have a limited number of charges (build actions) before they disappear, you wouldn't want a valuable builder to wander off and build some sub-optimal improvements and then disappear, without ever getting to the improvements you actually want and need at that point in time.
Sub-optimal would be half a trouble. Not as awful as building a colossal head on your soon-to-be-ready spaceport. Or Big Ben.

Hello. Could you please tell me how can workers in Civilization VI construct improvements automatically, as in Civilization 5? Thank you.

They can't. You need to manually choose what you want your Builder to improve. They can only build one improvement per charge (3 charges per Builder plus extra charges under various circumstances).

EDIT: I have no idea why I couldn't see the prior responses before responding. Hopefully it was my computer and not my eyes ...

I'm new to playing civ6. Have a few questions, I hope this is the right place.
i'm playing on the pc, vanillia with Aztec dlc.. Should have latest patch if steam auto updates.
1. Is there a way to que more then one item to produce in a city?
2. is there a production list (showing all the cities you own & what they are making)?
3. is there anyway to make missionaries if my religion isn't the majority in any city?
my holy city has 9 of my religion, just grew to 19 pop, maybe make a settler or 2 ?
right now I can only faith buy a naturalist- I have 4k points
4. can I tell how many envoys a civ has with a city-state?
thanks for any help you can give ArchmageJ

I'm new to playing civ6. Have a few questions, I hope this is the right place.
i'm playing on the pc, vanillia with Aztec dlc.. Should have latest patch if steam auto updates.
1. Is there a way to que more then one item to produce in a city?
2. is there a production list (showing all the cities you own & what they are making)?
3. is there anyway to make missionaries if my religion isn't the majority in any city?
my holy city has 9 of my religion, just grew to 19 pop, maybe make a settler or 2 ?
right now I can only faith buy a naturalist- I have 4k points
4. can I tell how many envoys a civ has with a city-state?
thanks for any help you can give ArchmageJ

1. Only with a mod.

2. There's a report function in the top bar, left side. Not sure it's always accurate. If this is something you want to refer to, you're best getting one of the mods that improves reports.

3. Yes. A Missionary will always spread the majority religion of the city they're produced in, which may not be your religion. If the city doesn't have a majority religion, you can't produce a religious unit there.

4. The City State report (upper right hand side) shows information on the number of influencing civs and their envoys when you click in on the city.

Thank you for those answers i'm not sure how I missed #4, but i guess that's why you are here :)

Thought of three more questions.
1. other than walls are there any other defensive buildings?
2. what does an alliance do? if two of my allies declare war on each other what am I supposed to do?
3 how can I reread those reports my agents give me each turn, sometimes they scroll too fast for me to read them?
ArchmageJ

Thank you for those answers i'm not sure how I missed #4, but i guess that's why you are here :)

Thought of three more questions.
1. other than walls are there any other defensive buildings?
2. what does an alliance do? if two of my allies declare war on each other what am I supposed to do?
3 how can I reread those reports my agents give me each turn, sometimes they scroll too fast for me to read them?
ArchmageJ

1. No, it's just walls. Defense is mostly done with units.
2. An alliance forbids you from attacking each other and (assuming you have Rise & Fall) grants you bonuses to trade routes with your alliance partners. It does not, however, mean you have to go to war together (in fact, due to how the diplomacy system works an alliance partner might still dislike you for going to war) so you don't have to choose a side if your allies start a war with one another.
3. In the diplomacy screen of a leader, you can check the recent gossip entries (last ten turns) for them and their civilization.

hello,

back in the old days (civ4) there where some bigger mods available including lots of the small mods (wonders, units, ui mods, ect. ...) and balance them to go well with each other (trying to hunt down conflicts...).

is there a bigger mod in civ6?

Not yet, mostly because the source code for Civ VI has not yet been released; once it's here those big mods will probably start popping up (note that there's no date or promise that we'll get it, but we have been told that this would be "the most moddable Civ game ever", which implies we will).

You can, however, enable multiple mods at the same time, which wasn't possible in Civ IV or V to my knowledge, and a lot of modders will do what they can to avoid mod conflicts. If you do run into one try to pin down which mods cause the conflict and contact the creators, they'll likely be willing to look into it to see if they can fix it.

You could enable multiple mods in Civ V. Had to be careful about conflicts between mods with different authors, but that is also the case in Civ VI and will likely always be the case.

I have a question about R&F Rationalism policy card. The 50% bonus from +3 adjacency bonuses, if I use the +100% adjacency bonus card, does that mean a district with 1.5 adjacency bonus (doubled to 3 from the card) will get the 50% bonus?

Further to that question, does +1 output per 2 adjacent districts mean +0.5 output per 1 adjacent district?

Last edited:
I have a question about R&F Rationalism policy card. The 50% bonus from +3 adjacency bonuses, if I use the +100% adjacency bonus card, does that mean a district with 1.5 adjacency bonus (doubled to 3 from the card) will get the 50% bonus?

Further to that question, does +1 output per 2 adjacent districts mean +0.5 output per 1 adjacent district?

Yes.

No.

1. Does medic and other passives that increase healing of surrounding units heal them every turn, or only increase the heal if they were going to heal anyway (by not taking any action). Or in other words, do those passives heal units that attack too?
2. Theres a great scientist (Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi) that grants +20 healing per turn on adjacent units. The consume GP option says units heal +5. What does that mean? If I retire him every actual and future unit wil heal +5 forever? Or just the adjacent ones. If just the adjacent ones, it would be pretty bad to retire him.

1. Does medic and other passives that increase healing of surrounding units heal them every turn, or only increase the heal if they were going to heal anyway (by not taking any action). Or in other words, do those passives heal units that attack too?
2. Theres a great scientist (Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi) that grants +20 healing per turn on adjacent units. The consume GP option says units heal +5. What does that mean? If I retire him every actual and future unit wil heal +5 forever? Or just the adjacent ones. If just the adjacent ones, it would be pretty bad to retire him.

1. I'm not 100% sure, but I think only if they would heal anyways.
2. If you retire him, all units you have and will ever build heal +5 per turn for the rest of the game.

1. I'm not 100% sure, but I think only if they would heal anyways.
2. If you retire him, all units you have and will ever build heal +5 per turn for the rest of the game.

Thanks.
More:

How can a city I conquered, have -20 loyalty because of nearby cities, and suddenly, only -3? (form nearby cities, I then got other positive modifiers)

- The civ owner of the city was exterminated
- There where cities from other civs nearby
- No city changed from the -20 to the -3 (the civ was exterminated and I still had the -20 at first)

Thanks.
More:

How can a city I conquered, have -20 loyalty because of nearby cities, and suddenly, only -3? (form nearby cities, I then got other positive modifiers)

- The civ owner of the city was exterminated
- There where cities from other civs nearby
- No city changed from the -20 to the -3 (the civ was exterminated and I still had the -20 at first)

Loyalty pressure works multiplicative, not addictive. A single mid-sized city close by can be enough to cause -20 loyalty per turn on a new built (size 1) city, and if the new city then grows to size 2, it might at once only have something like -10. On the other hand, if there's a bunch of enemy cities and a bunch of your cities surrounding this city and it is at -10, then the city growing to size 2 might only turn it into -9.

So basically, the less population is around the city you're looking at, the more minor changes in population will affect the loyalty pressure from cities.

Loyalty pressure works multiplicative, not addictive. A single mid-sized city close by can be enough to cause -20 loyalty per turn on a new built (size 1) city, and if the new city then grows to size 2, it might at once only have something like -10. On the other hand, if there's a bunch of enemy cities and a bunch of your cities surrounding this city and it is at -10, then the city growing to size 2 might only turn it into -9.

So basically, the less population is around the city you're looking at, the more minor changes in population will affect the loyalty pressure from cities.

Thanks, but none of this was the case.
- The city had flipped 2 times already before, and this example starts after I recaptured it for the third time.
- This last time, I had finally wiped out the original owner of the city.
- The city was size 3
- The city was surrounded by 3 cities of mine (captured) 1 city of mine (original) and 4 cities form another civ
- The city started with -20 bc of surrounding cities
- After about 4 turns, it went down to -3 because of surrounding cities

I dont think it increased in population, tho Im not sure. but from -20 to -3, it seems a lot.

EDIT: Ah silly me! I now see what happened. I changed from dark age to golden age :p
Dont really like the system a lot, since era events ocurr automaticly when I play, its not something I plan much. And if Im supposed to plan them, I dont like the system either. I wont delay clearing a barb encampement or settling a city, to time the era score. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.

Thanks, but none of this was the case.
- The city had flipped 2 times already before, and this example starts after I recaptured it for the third time.
- This last time, I had finally wiped out the original owner of the city.
- The city was size 3
- The city was surrounded by 3 cities of mine (captured) 1 city of mine (original) and 4 cities form another civ
- The city started with -20 bc of surrounding cities
- After about 4 turns, it went down to -3 because of surrounding cities

I dont think it increased in population, tho Im not sure. but from -20 to -3, it seems a lot.

EDIT: Ah silly me! I now see what happened. I changed from dark age to golden age :p
Dont really like the system a lot, since era events ocurr automaticly when I play, its not something I plan much. And if Im supposed to plan them, I dont like the system either. I wont delay clearing a barb encampement or settling a city, to time the era score. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.

That's what you're supposed to do; you earn era points for things you naturally do. It's only weird tryhards like me (and most other people on this forum) that try to maximize era score to get exactly that golden age, etc.

That's what you're supposed to do; you earn era points for things you naturally do.

But then, it's a flawed system IMO, since you cant go to war when you need to, just when you randomly get a golden age, otherwise cities flip like crazy.

Wait ..., You can't do that! (Well, my understanding is) Your transition from a dark to golden age results in a HEROIC AGE!

City flips add excitement and drama to the game. You can embrace it or work your way around it.
And I STILL say the game is too predictable. There aren't enough traumatic events (whether political, economic, ...) in the game, and therefore stifles the player's personal growth. :p
it's a flawed system IMO
Well of course it's a flawed system! If it wasn't it would be perfect, and then there would be no potential for improvements. Dang good for a first iteration.
since you cant go to war when you need to
You just have to careful with taking cities. City conquest is not the only function of war in this game (something I am still trying to learn, myself).

Wait ..., You can't do that! (Well, my understanding is) Your transition from a dark to golden age results in a HEROIC AGE!
Well, it was a heroic age then. Didnt know the name was different. Anyway, how things are balanced, I usually change from dark to golden to dark again. Mostyl, not always ofc. A starting normal era is also usual, but once dark or golden, I end up in the oposite next era.

You just have to careful with taking cities. City conquest is not the only function of war in this game (something I am still trying to learn, myself).

Quite the oposite for me. Id love to "be careful" and just take some cool cities. The way its implemented is the total oposite, you are supposed to capture all or no cities, because single cities receive an big ass loyalty penalty from the other cities.

Top Bottom