But then, it's a flawed system IMO, since you cant go to war when you need to, just when you randomly get a golden age, otherwise cities flip like crazy.

No, it's added difficulty. You need to be careful to take the right cities, and at the right time (don't try to conquer stuff in a Dark Age).

Example for the type of stuff you can get into:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-vi-funny-screenshots.601435/page-84#post-15195979

Alternatively, you can just keep it simple and conquer cities bordering your own.

No, it's added difficulty. You need to be careful to take the right cities, and at the right time (don't try to conquer stuff in a Dark Age).

Which, continuing the conversation above where others said that era points are mostly random so what era you get too, is a bad mechanic, since when you declare or not declare war then is random too, depending on what era score youn got.

My main complain aboyt the loyalty system is not this anyway, but that I need to go full war and capture all cities, instead of beeing able to grab just one or two good cities I like. It encourages only going to war if you want a domination victory, which is terrible IMO.

where others said that era points are mostly random

I don't know who said that, but that's not true. You earn era score for quite a wide variety of things, and it's also just a game mechanic; even if it has a high flavor aspect doesn't mean you can completely ignore it and still play the game as if it doesn't exist.

If you really dislike it and don't want to have to take it into account you'll have to disable R&F.

My main complain aboyt the loyalty system is not this anyway, but that I need to go full war and capture all cities,

That's not the case. If you take the right cities and make sure you're not fighting with dark age versus golden age or something like that, taking one or two cities is arguably the easiest way to conquer - on the condition they're close to your borders. Remember that even if you don't win in loyalty before you conquer a city, once you conquer it you get the loyalty boost from it's own population, rather than the previous owner, and on top of that you can put in a governor to give another significant boost. And, of course, you might want to keep a unit in there to not get a loyalty penalty for the city being occupied.

There's plenty of things wrong with war in Civ VI, but this is certainly not one of them.

Well, it is for me. Yeah sure, if one city is as close to mines than to his cities, I put a governor and 2x loyalty cards... I can keep the city.
But if I want to capture one of it's cities, and it's closer to their cities than mine, governor+the diplomat governor nearby with the +2 promotion + 2x loyalty cards (+4 loyalty) is not enough to not make the city flip.

And it's not the only thing that shows in civ6 that they only want you to go capture cities if you want a domination victory.

Well, it is for me. Yeah sure, if one city is as close to mines than to his cities, I put a governor and 2x loyalty cards... I can keep the city.
But if I want to capture one of it's cities, and it's closer to their cities than mine, governor+the diplomat governor nearby with the +2 promotion + 2x loyalty cards (+4 loyalty) is not enough to not make the city flip.

And it's not the only thing that shows in civ6 that they only want you to go capture cities if you want a domination victory.

And how many real world countries have land cut off from their main land?

I only know of one country that has a somewhat significant part of land not connected to the rest of the country, and that's Russia with that bit of land on the shore of the Baltic Sea.

And how many real world countries have conquered the entire world, converted all countries to their religion, or settled another planet?

Anyway, the problem with what i say above, is that almost all games are either 100% war or 100% peaceful (except defense). AS soon as you just try to conquer a few cool cities, you are 1. denounced by everybody, and 2. those cities flip because of the rest of the cities loyalty. Every post asking for help with loyalty receives the same response: capture cities faster.

And how many real world countries have conquered the entire world, converted all countries to their religion, or settled another planet?

Anyway, the problem with what i say above, is that almost all games are either 100% war or 100% peaceful (except defense). AS soon as you just try to conquer a few cool cities, you are 1. denounced by everybody, and 2. those cities flip because of the rest of the cities loyalty. Every post asking for help with loyalty receives the same response: capture cities faster.

We should stop clogging the Quick Questions and Answers thread with this, if you want you can make a thread on it and I'll be willing to discuss it further.

I have noticed in my recent games that my builders can harvest wheat after researching pottery, but I am sure it used to require irrigation. Also noticed I can build wonders and districts on flood plains whereas before I couldnt. Did these changes come in a patch and are there other similar changes re: tech prerequisites? Or might this be a side effect of a mod I'm not aware of?

Also noticed I can build wonders and districts on flood plains whereas before I couldnt.

This is part of Egypt's unique ability.

To my knowledge, harvesting Wheat has always only required Pottery, but I'm not certain of that.

The AI civs attacked me and I ended up grabbing some of their cities. Now I have a huge warmonger penalty with every leader.

What can I do?

How can I liberate city state without declaring war first? Liberation war unavailable.

The AI civs attacked me and I ended up grabbing some of their cities. Now I have a huge warmonger penalty with every leader.

What can I do?

How can I liberate city state without declaring war first? Liberation war unavailable.

Warmonger penalty will disappear over time. If you want to avoid getting it, you can do two things. The easy one is to only take one or two cities, the more complicated one is to take a few cities, and then in the peace deal give those cities back and ask for other cities. The warmonger penalty for the cities you conquer will be removed because you gave them back, and you won't get a warmonger penalty for the cities you got in a peace deal. It will also avoid the "You occupy one of our cities" -18 modifier that lasts for the rest of the game.

The only way to free a city state without declaring a normal war first is if you declare a Protectorate War before it is conquered. You can, however, declare a Formal War and take the warmonger penalties for a moment. Liberating the city-state will reduce those warmonger penalties (I don't know the exact numbers, but if all warmonger penalties you have are from declaring the Formal War it'll probably erase them completely) and give you a Liberated a City relationship bonus with all leaders as well.

Liberation War, for the record, is to free your own captured cities, or perhaps (I'm not certain about this one) an ally's cities.

Hello to all.
This is a question concerning tourism.
I have made 3 great works but in the Cultural vicory screen, I still don't have the brown wallet that indicate the number of outcoming tourists. All the other have 0 for now.
SO, I think I have missed something to start generate tourism...but I dont know what ! Could you hel me , please N

Hello to all.
This is a question concerning tourism.
I have made 3 great works but in the Cultural vicory screen, I still don't have the brown wallet that indicate the number of outcoming tourists. All the other have 0 for now.
Your outgoing tourists are not in the brown wallet. They are in the brown wallets beside other civs in the game.
The number there will be zero at first since you will only slowly build up to have tourists (those are different from tourism) Time will be the factor that creates tourists out of tourism. The forumula for this is hidden. Some people have worked to figure out what it is but I do not remember the numbers

Last edited:
Your outgoing tourists are not in the brown wallet. They are in the brown wallets beside other civs in the game.
The number there will be zero at first since you will only slowly build up to have tourists (those are different from tourism) Time will be the factor that creates tourists out of tourism. The forumula for this is hidden. Some people have worked to figure out what it is but I do not remember the numbers

The formula (on normal game speed) is that for every 200 Tourism you have with a civilization (hover over the brown wallets to see how much you have with a civilization and how much you gain per turn) you gain 1 Tourist.

You win when you have more foreign tourism (Tourists) than any other civilization has Domestic Tourism (shown as the number you need to pass at the right of the screen, plus somewhere else but I don't remember the exact layout by heart), and domestic tourism is earned from generating culture, though I don't remember exactly how much culture grants a domestic tourist.

Can somebody tell me if this is a known bug... it appears a free city is garrisoned by a German musketman:

Spoiler :

Hello , bonjour tout le monde.
Is there a way to display the luxury ressources we have in the top panel (where we have the informations of strategic ressource like horses, iron, etc..) ?
It seemed to me that it was displayed here, but I have several luxury ressources and they are not displayed here.

Thank you.

Hello , bonjour tout le monde.
Is there a way to display the luxury ressources we have in the top panel (where we have the informations of strategic ressource like horses, iron, etc..) ?
It seemed to me that it was displayed here, but I have several luxury ressources and they are not displayed here.

Thank you.

Not in the game itself, but perhaps there's a mod that does it.

Top Bottom