1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Weird. I've never tried not answering, but I thought it wasn't possible to end the turn without answering it... Could that also be a mod thing, perhaps? The ability to end turn without deciding.

2. yanraabe

yanraabe Chieftain

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yes, the "go to next turn" arrow doesn't appear on the bottom right yet since this "to do task" is still there, but just like when you still have units to move or a tech / civic to choose, you can end the turn by right-clicking the "sphere" on the bottom right of the screen... At least I can. Don't you have that possibility?
    That's how I was always able to end a turn, even before Rise and Fall. But I did use to play civ 6 with CQUI, and I waited until there finally was a "new CQUI" to be used with R&F. (CQUI spoiled me, so I found playing Civ 6 without it very frustrating!)
    That's why I appreciate your feedback, and hopefully anyone else who can add their experience: anyone who maybe also uses the "new community CQUI"?
    "new CQUI": https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125169247

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. L4Psha

L4Psha Chieftain

Today i thought, what will happen if you pillage cultutal district with great works? Or nuke it. Will great works remain there? Also is there any penalty on nukes for losing uranium?

4. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

The Great Works will remain; both pillaging and nuking pillages the buildings, which means the buildings are basically still there, but you need to put some production into them for them to work again.

As for losing uranium, your current nukes would still work like normal, but you wouldn't be able to build new nukes.

5. SephiBBZ

SephiBBZ Chieftain

I have a good one:

Cause of cultural bombs, what happen if a district came to be disconnected from the city center? :D

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Nothing? They don't need to be physically connected... (something which, imo, would actually make a lot of sense btw)

7. emir c

emir c Chieftain

8. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Digital Deluxe is the base game plus the first six DLCs, so all DLCs so far released except Rise and Fall. It also won't include any future content.

I don't know how it works with humble bundle and steam, I'm afraid.

9. MiguelDirty

MiguelDirty Chieftain

In my current game on the trade-screen with Montezuma I can NOT select all of his available cities (2 for cede and 1 regular). Every time I select the third one another gets deselected.
    I admit that I did not play for a while but this does not seem to make any sense to me? Does this sound like a bug?

EDIT: Additionally I noticed that it seems to make no difference if I actually select a city for cede during peace negotiations. They get ceded anyway, once the war is over.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  10. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

If you select Cede, you get additional warmongering penalties. Don't ask them the AI to Cede cities. Whatever it was supposed to do, all it actually does is hurt you.

MiguelDirty likes this.
  11. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

It's been confirmed that Knights now require horses, but do they still require iron?

12. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

As far as we know, they don't.

But we have to work with screenshots, so we may not know everything.

(also wouldn't it be better to discuss this in one of the GS threads instead? It's kind of hard to definitively answer...)

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  13. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Fast question... Starting my first marathon game to see what it feels like (I always play at normal speed, pretty sure I'm not gonne like marathon,but hey...)

As I'm playing immortal, I was wondering if the AIs start with the same bonuses at marathon than at normal speed ? especially starting unit... Starting with 2 settlers, 2 builders and 4 warriors
    at marathon is a WAY bigger advantage than at normal speed...

Anyone knows ?

Thx

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  14. Bork of Boletaria

Bork of Boletaria Chieftain

I was able to buy a great work writing from another civ without actually having a slot for it. Now that I have a slot for it, there doesn't appear to be a way to actually put the work there. I can see that I own the work in the trade screen so it hasn't disappeared, but its not in any of my slots. Any ideas?

I believe they get all the same starting units and techs, I don't know if any bonus yields they get are changed by game speed though.

15. Icicle

Icicle Chieftain

They get the same starting bonuses regardless of game speed. And yeah, it makes a big difference.

16. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

ok thanks

Well... I guess starting at immortal for a marathon game makes it VERY difficult then ;-( Been playing with it... even if you do manage to take out some early cities, you're just unable to get enough loyalty in, they just flip, and
    then just flip to the AI because they've got more cities and more pressure than you...

I just HATE loyalty... it's a broken system

17. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Loyalty works perfectly, the problem is the bonuses the AI requires to function.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  18. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain

Sorry if it is already been asked but, does anyone know how the cost increase of GP works? How does it scale? I suppose it depends on the speed selected for the game but what it is the increase proportion between for example the 3rd and the 4th and does it change between classes of GP?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  19. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Hey all... quick question again... Have I missed something about the rules of protection to an embarked land unit ? Because playing a game today, I had an embarked infantry in the same hex as a frigate, and 1 city center + 2 encampments
    were able to target the infantry directly, without aiming at the frigate. Is that now normal behavior ? I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be protected by the frigate, isn't it ? What am I missing ?

I even reloaded a save and tried it after linking the 2 units... Same results... When did this rule change ?

thx

20. Jaybe

Jaybe Chieftain Supporter

I believe it was with R&F that I first noticed this change.
    Suppress those defensive works before your transports approach. Whichever way the game rules work, I am okay with it as they both have real-life analogues.