1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Open AppOptions.txt (most likely found at [path]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and change the line

EnableWorldBuilder 0

to

EnableWorldBuilder 1

Worldbuilder will then appear as a clickable button in Additional Content.

2. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

If you don’t want to make the changes manually as explained above, just subscribe and enable the mod Enhanced Mod Manager and it does it automatically.

3. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

Great Bath.
    • Floodplains tiles along the river containing this wonder are now immune to Flood damage.
    • -50% Production and Food yields from Flood damage.
    • +1 Faith to the yields of a tile belonging to this city for every time it has been Flooded.
    How exactly do tiles get faith from being flooded if this wonders prevents flooding? Does it work on the "past events"?
    Similar for -50% from flood damage? How does it work if there is no flood anymore?

4. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I don't think it prevents flooding. As the explanation to the Wonder states, the tiles become inmune to flood damage. So, as I understand it still "floods" and instead of being damaged, those tiles that would have been damaged receive +1 faith. And, I also understood from the livestream that Ed meant it gave you faith for all the times it has been flooded meaning before you built it, but I have not tested that in any of my games.

5. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

Ok, I see. But this flood immunity is only for Floodplains, so when the flood happens, only tiles others than Floodplains get +1 faith? And also they are damaged but less. Makes sense now :)

6. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I know this is not a general bug, but after the latest patch, my game is crashing every time I choose to go to the main menu from an ongoing game. I know it is either from the number of mods I am using (94) or one particular mod that after the patch is doing this. How would I go about seeing the reason of the crash in the logs? Which log should I look at and how do I find the possible reason?

7. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

As far as I remember when checking the tiles in my games, only the floodplains themselves get +1faith. They would be the only ones flooded really. The other ones I am not sure if they are affected, but I will check next time I build the wonder and let you know.

And, yes, sometimes the wording in the explanations of buildings or civilopedia in general can be tricky to understand.

8. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

Can strategic resources be "harvested"?

I think not but I want to be sure.

9. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

You are correct, they cannot be harvested, and once they are revealed you can’t build a district on them, though you CAN settle a city there.

10. civviefan

civviefan Chieftain

Does Great general bonus stack if you have two?

11. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

Do builders get killed by e.g. a dust storm even if they are stationed in a city center?

12. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

Thank you.
    This is the bad news in cases where there are such ideal tiles for a campus district (right next to 3 mountains and one of those hot springs tiles... i forget what they are called exactly), but the tile is occupied by a strategic resource. :(

13. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

That's just plain weird.

14. Gloompy

Gloompy Chieftain

I have a question (Civ6): Monarchy lists "50+ Influence Points." Is that diplomatic points? "Influence" is what game mechanic?

15. Gloompy

Gloompy Chieftain

Also, are high Culture cities able to drop nearbye neighbors city loyalty in favor for flipping them into my own Civ?

16. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Influence points gives you envoys which you can send to city states. Culture does not affect loyalty, population size and certain governors are what mostly affects loyalty.

17. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Was coastal raiding for naval melee removed in GS? My Caravels/Ironclads can't attack improvements anymore.

18. racha

racha Chieftain

Is the number of governors hard-capped at 8? I've been playing with the Great Governors mod and can't appoint more than that.

19. Bagfran

Bagfran Chieftain

As a new player, I've found Zigzagzigal's Steam Community guides on the individual civs really helpful, as an introduction to the best way to take advantage of their unique traits. However, the GS civs aren't yet included. Does anyone know of any similar strategy guides for the new GS civs?

20. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

If a city has a coal plant but it doesn't supply energy because for example a hydro plant is fulfilling all energy needs, does the coal plant still provide their adjacency production bonus without adding co2?