I need to move an AI unit off a tile so I can drop a great person in the district. The AI is my ally. But, can't see any way to say, "please move".

What happens if I've levied an army and then a few turns later I lose my Suzerain status. Do I lose control of the Levied army?

You lose control of the levied army, yes.

What's the best way to ensure you get a golden era?

Well, just check the list. There are some which are easier to "save" than others. Except for your uniques which give quite a few points we have: Creating the first district of its kind which is at least +3 adjacency. First ship you build. Circumnavigate. Buy a Great Person if cheap enough. Build first unit which uses a new strategic resource. Build wonders.

I need to move an AI unit off a tile so I can drop a great person in the district. The AI is my ally. But, can't see any way to say, "please move".

That´s just unfortunate.

I'm discovering civ vi slowly, and i'm a bit disappointed by religion. I took too much time to have one, so a foreign religion was propagated to my cities (with missionaries), and second fault, i create religion before being able to have missionnaries. The result is that all my towns are under foreign religion (even my holy city) so i can't have missionaries, apostles, inquisitors etc from my religion. I tried to put the governor with the promotion to stop propagation of foreign religion but it doesn't help against missionnaries. After thinking about this issue, maybe i should put builder, selter around my holy city to avoid missionnaries to be close enough and so to propagate their religion and hoping that my religion will take the lead (i know it will be long long). The last solution is to stay in war with this civ and destroy her religious units (that make the influence of their religion decrease in the same time).

Is there an other way?

I'm discovering civ vi slowly, and i'm a bit disappointed by religion. I took too much time to have one, so a foreign religion was propagated to my cities (with missionaries), and second fault, i create religion before being able to have missionnaries. The result is that all my towns are under foreign religion (even my holy city) so i can't have missionaries, apostles, inquisitors etc from my religion. I tried to put the governor with the promotion to stop propagation of foreign religion but it doesn't help against missionnaries. After thinking about this issue, maybe i should put builder, selter around my holy city to avoid missionnaries to be close enough and so to propagate their religion and hoping that my religion will take the lead (i know it will be long long). The last solution is to stay in war with this civ and destroy her religious units (that make the influence of their religion decrease in the same time).

Is there an other way?

First. Wait with Great Prophet to found religion until you have some faith. The Holy Site converts to your new religion. Then buy some missionaries and put them close to the holy site (and they get a defense bonus against Apostles). If they swarm you, declare war and condemn them with your military units.

Earlier you could build the Mahabodi Temple for 2 Apostles of your founded religion.

First. Wait with Great Prophet to found religion until you have some faith. The Holy Site converts to your new religion. Then buy some missionaries and put them close to the holy site (and they get a defense bonus against Apostles). If they swarm you, declare war and condemn them with your military units.

Earlier you could build the Mahabodi Temple for 2 Apostles of your founded religion.

Oh yes, i know i have done a mistake when founding my religion, so it is done. I had enough faith for missionnaries ... but not the building (autel ...), so my holy city was converted to an other religion (by missionaries) during the autel building ... Now the state is that i have my religion but none of my cities is converted to my religion.So how to try to increase the influence of my religion in order to have one city converted to it and so propagate it?
Thanks for the second tip, the Mahabodi Temple can be a solution, i have to check if it hasn't been already built (i guess it's a wonder ;) ).
It's not vital for my game, but since i'm discovering civ vi, i like to know if it's possible or not ;)

After thinking about this issue, maybe i should put builder, selter around my holy city to avoid missionnaries to be close enough and so to propagate their religion
This would not have worked. In VI religious units now exist on their own plane and can pass through regular units (and vice-versa).

This would not have worked. In VI religious units now exist on their own plane and can pass through regular units (and vice-versa).

you mean that a foreign religious unit can stop on a tile where your own civil unit (builder, settler, GP) is?

ok thanks, well for my game, i finally choose the war path, it will be ancient history soon :D

I apologize if answered before: Do Apostles--without promotion--do better than Missionaries at converting people in cities with other religions?

Another apology because surely asked before: I'm running Civ 6 vanilla plus some mods from a SSD, i5-4690K @ 3.50, 32 GB RAM, Radeon 260 or 270 (I forget). Windows 7. Loading a saved game is slow, ~90 s in mid-game. Turn end is not too bad but by mid-game I get occasional stutters in unit movement. What can I do short of changing hardware. Thanks.

Another apology because surely asked before: I'm running Civ 6 vanilla plus some mods from a SSD, i5-4690K @ 3.50, 32 GB RAM, Radeon 260 or 270 (I forget). Windows 7. Loading a saved game is slow, ~90 s in mid-game. Turn end is not too bad but by mid-game I get occasional stutters in unit movement. What can I do short of changing hardware. Thanks.
Your bottleneck is likely your GPU. Best you could probably do is to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and lower your graphics settings. I also have a 4690k, but I've o/c it to 4.5GHz, which might help your performance some as well.

I apologize if answered before: Do Apostles--without promotion--do better than Missionaries at converting people in cities with other religions?

I think religious strength is used both for fighting and converting, so yes.

Any news about the upcoming surprises firaxis talked about. Or could we wait about another 2 months till next update

Are certain civs weighted to appear as AI civs more or less often than others? I've put over 1000 hours into the game since picking it up last year, a mix of standard and large maps, and I'm pretty sure I've only encountered Chandragupta about 3 or 4 times. I'd actually forgotten he was even in the game until I was scrolling through the civ select list the other day. Every other leader seems to pop up fairly regularly. Is that by design or just random variance?

Random. But sure, we all expect random to provide even variation of encounters :)

Quickees

1. How can I tell if a city a Civ has was originally a city state or another Civ? This way I can liberate? Civ 5 you saw the puppet icon.

2. What do I need to be able to airlift in one turn a unit from 1 city to another?
-Airport? Anything else?

3. Anyway I can have airport or airbase in territory not mine/unclaimed? This way I don’t need a city on every continent?

Thanks.

Top Bottom