For me If it overflows it does give me several 1-turn techs If it gave large amount of Science, implying it overflows.

Are coal plants just better than oil and nuclear?

Assuming we do not care about co2, is there any reason to build the other power plants? In each of my cities, they seem to provide less production.

Thank you for clarifying.

Coal power plants give production = adjacency bonus of the Industrial Zone, whereas Oil and Nuclear give a flat +3/+4 (respectively).
So, assuming your IZ has 5 or better adjacency, the coal plant will indeed provide more production than its successors.
There are a couple of other advantages to Nuclear plants, ignoring the reduced CO2:
Nuclear plants produce 16 power from 1 uranium vs 4 from either coal or oil.
Nuclear plants also give +3 Science vs none from either coal or oil.

So someone just conquered the city-state Brussels in my game on my civ's borders, and it flipped to become a free city. Then it flipped to me. I was given the option to either keep it as my own city or let it stay as a free city. I wanted to liberate it so it functioned as a citystate again... how do you do that for a flipped city-state? Did I need to conquer it when it was a free city? I chose to keep it when it flipped to me, thinking that it would give me the option to liberate it, but it just made it a part of my empire.

Are alliances also defensive pacts? I was under the assumption if one attacks an ally, you also go to war, and vice versa.

I noticed there is also a separate defensive pact, but it is under joint war? I am thus confused.

Are alliances also defensive pacts? I was under the assumption if one attacks an ally, you also go to war, and vice versa.

I noticed there is also a separate defensive pact, but it is under joint war? I am thus confused.

You should. Unless you are also ally with the other party.

Is there a mod that add grievances for getting caught/killed in spy missions? Preferably by different amounts depending on which mission.

What is the defensive pact that shows up under joint war sometimes, then?

So, Macedon's Basilikoi Paides will generate bonus science whenever a military unit is created, and rules out military units bought with gold or faith. So if one has a Venetian Arsenal and builds a ship in a city with a Basilikoi Paides, is bonus science generated for the extra unit as well? I'm assuming this is yes, but if someone could confirm, that would be great.

Much appreciated if you can address my concern

Why doesn't building a mine provide me the +1 bonus to production? Same goes with quarry. It says everywhere that building a mine will provide +1 to the city, but the city stat for production does not change.

I am watching some play throughs and see more leader info under the leaders in upper right corner. How do you get that. I just see a head that I can click.

I am watching some play throughs and see more leader info under the leaders in upper right corner. How do you get that. I just see a head that I can click.
Click on "Game Options", then on "Interface". There, you'll see "Show yields in HUD ribbon". You can choose between "always hide", "show on mouse-over", and "always show". :)

I'm playing as Japan and i'm gettting governor promotion without finishing Civics that grant them, why is this? I'd be in the middle of researching a Civic when this happens.

I'm playing as Japan and i'm gettting governor promotion without finishing Civics that grant them, why is this? I'd be in the middle of researching a Civic when this happens.

Are you sure you didn't finish Government Building without noticing?

Could it be that you let your scout(s) do auto-explore? If they found a tribal village and entered it, from turn 30 onwards, there's a little chance that you "find" a governor title.
Other than having just finished the Government Plaza, one of its buildings, or the Casa de Contratacion Wonder who grant you governor promotions, I can't think of anything... Nice problem to have, though! ;) Let me know if you find out what it was!

Top Bottom