Do you lose delegates if you fail a Fabricate Scandal mission?
I don't think so.

Do bonus resources get cleared if you found a city on top?
The strategic and luxury ones stay and give you the resource as well as one or two extra yields in your city center. I believe the bonus resources like cattle and stone disappear, or they are still there but don't give you any bonuses. Find myself wondering now if this is true for all bonus resources. Anyone know for sure?

The bonus resources disappear, just like woods/rainforest, and never come back. No harvest yield is awarded.

Do bonus resources get cleared if you found a city on top?
If you settle on cattle or sheep (bonus resources), you get the additional +1 food in your city center. They remain there, which you can see when you hover on the city center with your mouse, it'll tell you all the terrain details. They don't give you the +0,5 housing that a pasture would bring, but they can be relevant, if you're playing as Germany, for example, since the Hansa district gets +1 adjacency for any adjacent resource, so here, it counts as +1.

I just remembered that Wheat and Rice should give +1 Food If Watermill is in the city If you settle on them, If I remember it correctly.
Then again it might be Civ 5's Granary?

Sorry for all the super basic questions. I've been playing Civ since the mid '90s and get the games mixed up in my head.

If a district has a major adjacency bonus from a specific district, does it also get the minor bonus for it being a district? For example, does an aqueduct add 2 or 2.5 to an industrial zone? IIRC government plazas add 1.5 but I'm not sure if that's universal.

If a district has a major adjacency bonus from a specific district, does it also get the minor bonus for it being a district? For example, does an aqueduct add 2 or 2.5 to an industrial zone? IIRC government plazas add 1.5 but I'm not sure if that's universal.
Yes, it also gets the minor bonus for being a district. Note: a 0.5 minor bonus doesn't do anything until you get a second one. E.g.: an IZ next to an AQ gets +2, if also next to the city center it gets +3.

Sorry for all the super basic questions. I've been playing Civ since the mid '90s and get the games mixed up in my head.

Yes, it also gets the minor bonus for being a district. Note: a 0.5 minor bonus doesn't do anything until you get a second one. E.g.: an IZ next to an AQ gets +2, if also next to the city center it gets +3.
What about 0.5 from one district and 0.5 from something else, like woods for a holy site?

What about 0.5 from one district and 0.5 from something else, like woods for a holy site?
No. It isn't 0.5 from one adjacent district, it is 1 from every 2 adjacent districts. (and also not 1 from every 2 adjacent Districts or (e.g.) Woods). Each is considered independently.

What happens if you play as Arabia on Standard size and select 7 arabia AIs as opponents? All get religion? Computer crashes?

I am soooooo gonna test it right now, legit never though of it. My guess is it handles them one by one by turn order and the last ones are outta luck.

EDIT: Wait it cannot handle them one by one I forgot how it worked that it triggers on the penultimate one for the last oen only.

EDIT 2: So the answer is - the game conjures Great Prophets out of void. When penultimate Prophet is acquired, the last one goes to next Arabia and then the game gives everyone else Prophet that shouldn't be there. Proper names, no errors, just simply generates them. 5 people got Great Prophet in the same year.

EDIT 3: BTW If anybody wondered, If you build Stonehenge while you already have Prophet, it gives you Apostle.

Last edited:
<snip>
Personally I've come to enjoy Level 3 as my default disaster level, not for the aid requests, I just feel like climate effects are too inconsequential on level 2, and too high on lvl 4. Level 3 is the sweet spot to keep climate mechanics interesting but not frustrating for me.
<snip>

Level 3 is also the minimum level for megacolossal volcanic eruptions to affect tiles 2 hexes from the volcano in question.

Does anyone here know that mod that raised the number of avaible governments ? I had it but then deleted it, and now can't find it for the life of me.

I dont know if there are more mods that do that but check out Rule with Faith. It's modular now where you can pick the modules you like, more governments for example.

How do you get Oil if it isn't in your lands without going to War that is??
Settle a city near unclaimed oil, if possible. Or else, trade for it. Currently, trading for strats is still messed up big time, so you must buy one unit at a time to get a fair price. Combined with the current UI, this process is not very far from elaborate torture. In such situations I rather give up having oil units and do something else.

Settle a city near unclaimed oil, if possible. Or else, trade for it. Currently, trading for strats is still messed up big time, so you must buy one unit at a time to get a fair price. Combined with the current UI, this process is not very far from elaborate torture. In such situations I rather give up having oil units and do something else.

I guess you can get that Great Merchant who gives 3 oil per turn is it?
I haven't been able to find a CS with Oil when I need it or don't have it.
At times if I play too slow and peaceful I can't get Oil Units for War which bothers me.
It seems that the best way is to have early wars and claim more land to get oil.
Thanks for telling me about the 1 unit per Trade though as I didn't know the AI would sell it to me like that.
Tedious but better than not having Oil.

I guess you can get that Great Merchant who gives 3 oil per turn is it?
Yes, the Rockefeller feller. 3 oil per turn for a poor man's oil powered army.

Here comes also all these situational tricks, that you might, just might have an opportunity to use in a game out of many, like, becoming Suzerain of oil rich CSs, culture bombing those just over the border resources when respective Congress resolution is in force (a lot of stars must align for this one), or culture flipping oil rich border cities.

At times if I play too slow and peaceful I can't get Oil Units for War which bothers me.
Yes, better do your war before oil units. Then either you will not need to do any more war when oil era comes and by some miracle you're completely out of oil, or you'll have enough of it to keep firing those well oiled projectiles.
But if you play peacefully in the beginning, you can just continue to do so in oil and further eras. The ink on all those declarations of friendship is mighty strong, makes oil totally irrelevant.

<...>1 unit per Trade<...>
Tedious but better than not having Oil.
Go on and trade like 80 units one at a time per trade session. You'll need to rinse and repeat this grand trade operation a few times per game. Then come back and tell me, if you still think it is "better than not having Oil".
After one such game my view went to a radical "screw it, I'm not doing that again".

And if tediousness and terrible user interface still do not discourage you, you can also sell your strategics to AI, especially the ones who are at war - that might keep them at it a little longer. For selling, they take two or even three units at a time without starting to drop the price, so it goes a little bit faster than buying. If you sell by 10, you'll lose a few coins.
But they will buy up until 21-22 - a full unit price plus a small reserve not to be out of resource and be able to heal, I guess. Or was 41-42, now I can't remember if it was different game speed. Experiment and see for yourself. And yes, Concise UI mod and especially its improved deal screen will somewhat cut the tediousness down.
Still, FXS could review the algorithm. 7 gold for one unit, and your entire empire including the shirt off your back for a batch of 20 units, but only 140g for the batch equivalent, if bought one by one. Come on...

Is it worse than obtaining Great Work and all AIs trying to jump on it like it's hot baguette and the last piece of literature in the existence?

Top Bottom