1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Warlord

Are you sure you didn't finish Government Building without noticing?

2. yanraabe

yanraabe Chieftain

Could it be that you let your scout(s) do auto-explore? If they found a tribal village and entered it, from turn 30 onwards, there's a little chance that you "find" a governor title.
    Other than having just finished the Government Plaza, one of its buildings, or the Casa de Contratacion Wonder who grant you governor promotions, I can't think of anything... Nice problem to have, though! ;) Let me know if you find out what it was!

3. TyroKathar

TyroKathar Chieftain

Do you lose delegates if you fail a Fabricate Scandal mission?

Do bonus resources get cleared if you found a city on top?

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

I don't think so.

The strategic and luxury ones stay and give you the resource as well as one or two extra yields in your city center. I believe the bonus resources like cattle and stone disappear, or they are still there but don't give you any bonuses. Find myself wondering now if this is true for all bonus resources. Anyone know for sure?

Knightfall likes this.
  5. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

The bonus resources disappear, just like woods/rainforest, and never come back. No harvest yield is awarded.

Knightfall likes this.
  6. yanraabe

yanraabe Chieftain

If you settle on cattle or sheep (bonus resources), you get the additional +1 food in your city center. They remain there, which you can see when you hover on the city center with your mouse, it'll tell you all the terrain details. They don't give you the +0,5 housing that a pasture would bring, but they can be relevant, if you're playing as Germany, for example, since the Hansa district gets +1 adjacency for any adjacent resource, so here, it counts as +1.

agonistes and Knightfall like this.
  7. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Warlord

I just remembered that Wheat and Rice should give +1 Food If Watermill is in the city If you settle on them, If I remember it correctly.
    Then again it might be Civ 5's Granary?

TyroKathar and Knightfall like this.
  8. TyroKathar

TyroKathar Chieftain

Sorry for all the super basic questions. I've been playing Civ since the mid '90s and get the games mixed up in my head.

If a district has a major adjacency bonus from a specific district, does it also get the minor bonus for it being a district? For example, does an aqueduct add 2 or 2.5 to an industrial zone? IIRC government plazas add 1.5 but I'm not sure if that's universal.

9. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Yes, it also gets the minor bonus for being a district. Note: a 0.5 minor bonus doesn't do anything until you get a second one. E.g.: an IZ next to an AQ gets +2, if also next to the city center it gets +3.

TyroKathar likes this.
  10. TyroKathar

TyroKathar Chieftain

What about 0.5 from one district and 0.5 from something else, like woods for a holy site?

11. smvalentine

smvalentine Warlord Supporter

No. It isn't 0.5 from one adjacent district, it is 1 from every 2 adjacent districts. (and also not 1 from every 2 adjacent Districts or (e.g.) Woods). Each is considered independently.

TyroKathar likes this.
  12. TyroKathar

TyroKathar Chieftain

So for a holy site 2 districts = 1, 2 woods = 1, but one of each = 0

smvalentine likes this.
  13. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Just like that, yes.

agonistes and TyroKathar like this.
  14. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

What happens if you play as Arabia on Standard size and select 7 arabia AIs as opponents? All get religion? Computer crashes?

Knightfall, MrRadar and tedhebert like this.
  15. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Warlord

I am soooooo gonna test it right now, legit never though of it. My guess is it handles them one by one by turn order and the last ones are outta luck.

EDIT: Wait it cannot handle them one by one I forgot how it worked that it triggers on the penultimate one for the last oen only.

EDIT 2: So the answer is - the game conjures Great Prophets out of void. When penultimate Prophet is acquired, the last one goes to next Arabia and then the game gives everyone else Prophet that shouldn't be there. Proper names, no errors, just simply generates them. 5 people got Great Prophet in the same year.

EDIT 3: BTW If anybody wondered, If you build Stonehenge while you already have Prophet, it gives you Apostle.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  16. TyroKathar

TyroKathar Chieftain

Level 3 is also the minimum level for megacolossal volcanic eruptions to affect tiles 2 hexes from the volcano in question.

agonistes, Ownsya and Knightfall like this.
  17. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

Does anyone here know that mod that raised the number of avaible governments ? I had it but then deleted it, and now can't find it for the life of me.

18. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I dont know if there are more mods that do that but check out Rule with Faith. It's modular now where you can pick the modules you like, more governments for example.

19. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

How do you get Oil if it isn't in your lands without going to War that is??

20. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Settle a city near unclaimed oil, if possible. Or else, trade for it. Currently, trading for strats is still messed up big time, so you must buy one unit at a time to get a fair price. Combined with the current UI, this process is not very far from elaborate torture. In such situations I rather give up having oil units and do something else.